E TENEBRAE LUX

Damn the first 100 times that i am forced to translate those were funny but now it gets annoying :P

What, you don't speak fluent latin? Rustice! Ah, well, quod lice iovi non licet bovi, I guess...

Damn the first 100 times that i am forced to translate those were funny but now it gets annoying :)

What, you don't speak fluent latin? Rustice! Ah, well, quod lice iovi non licet bovi, I guess...

And what do oxen and Jupiter have to do with that i can only guess...

I'm in - new blood, but I have on the painting table

1 x pred,

6 x bikes,

10 x termies,

1 x termie chap,

1 X AOBR dread

All waiting to be painted to honour the chapter and my brothers!

I shall not be found wanting in our hour of need.

Loki

I'm going with the Codex release being announced on 15 May. The challenge is - "we're going to rearm, rebuild, and come after youse scum!"

:huh:

And what do oxen and Jupiter have to do with that i can only guess...

LOL... It literally translates as "what is permitted of Zeus (after all, Jupiter is a Roman ripoff of Greek intellectual property, LOL) is not permitted of cattle."

To simplify, "That (in this case fluency in latin) is the prerogative of the gods."

Actually, one function that I imagine for the unforgiven is summed up in another latin phrase:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (personally, I find that "ipsos," although it appears in the original, is superfluous, cumbersome, and entirely unneccessary to convey the sentiment, so I usually drop it)

One additional/alternate reason for the Unforgiven to keep the Inquisition at arm's length AND maintain their unity as a legion, if only stealthily, is to serve as the one military force that with the military strength and moral authority to stand up to the ]I[ if they start going off the reservation. The other chapters are too well infiltrated to be able to (quietly) make a move, the sisters, setting their relationship (which should be retconned!) with the OH aside, are too fragmented, and the guard? Don't make me laugh. All the power in the universe and not an independent thought below the level where they're buddy-buddy with the Inquisitor Lords themselves.

Oh dear, I'm getting flashbacks to my history degree.

"Sciant presentes et futuri aliquod ego..."

Ahem. Latin aside, what other miniatures are people planning to commit?

I'm going with the Codex release being announced on 15 May. The challenge is - "we're going to rearm, rebuild, and come after youse scum!"

:)

You say that, but there is this unfinished link on the GW website, and somewhere in the page code it has the date 12 May 2012...

Al

Awww, I just promised my wife I wouldn't buy anymore models for a while too........

Perhaps, if during one of her regular taxi rides to her mother's, the taxi were to disappear..........

There aren't many of us entering this in the Liber, but I'm sure we'll do our utmost ;)

Archived