+++E Tenebrae Lux+++

A new vow? Have you completed your previous one then? Did I miss that?

Ah, I misunderstood. I thought you could make new vows whilst still working on the previous one. If that's not the case, then if I can add the above to what I've already got, that'll be great :)

Ah, I misunderstood. I thought you could make new vows whilst still working on the previous one. If that's not the case, then if I can add the above to what I've already got, that'll be great :)

Ok then, I'll modify your vow accordingly! ^_^

EDIT: DONE IT! CHECK IT OUT LET ME KNOW IF IT LOOKS OK TO YOU!

Ah, I misunderstood. I thought you could make new vows whilst still working on the previous one. If that's not the case, then if I can add the above to what I've already got, that'll be great ;)

Ok then, I'll modify your vow accordingly! ^_^

EDIT: DONE IT! CHECK IT OUT LET ME KNOW IF IT LOOKS OK TO YOU!

Bang on mate <_<

Here is the link to my WIP (again), as I have added more stuff to it :lol:

C+C very welcome ^_^

“I Master Drake Storm answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete (1) Tactial Squad #6, (1) Chapter Master in Terminator armour, (1) Captain in Terminator armour from Codex: Space Marine of total value 570 on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to Dragon Storm Chapter and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

Here's my wip page

Welcome to E TENEBRAE LUX DrakeStorm -and to B&C! Your vow is perfectly valid and front table is updated.

Please note though that displaying detailed point values is against B&C rules so by all means leave the equipment breakdown as is but let only the total value visible.

Good luck! :sweat:

“I Der Totenkopf answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 2x 3 man bike squads with power weapons for sergeants from Codex: Space Marines of total value 210 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Hounds and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

Well Der Totenkopf welcome to the E TENEBRAE LUX and the B&C!!!

The table is updated with your vow! Feel free to ask any questions - either here of through PM. Good luck! :)

I haven't decided yet. I enjoyed what I've done so far, but I have a vacation coming up that would pull me away from working on models.

I do have a dreadnought assembled and primed that would be pretty quick and easy to finish. I don't know. I have four or five days to think about it. We'll see.

I have four or five days to think about it. We'll see.

As far as i'm concerned you have two months to decide. Since your first vow came in before June 15 it means you can pledge anorther one at any time until the end of the ETL on August 15. Any time. Careful though, if you do not complete the second or any subsequent vow all your previous ones will count for nothing! So stopping here is safe and your contribution will count but it will be limited to the (amazing btw) scout squad. Continue and glory awaits you - but the stakes rise! :)

E TENEBRAE LUX – 4th WEEK UPDATE

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/DA_Challenge_Sands_of_Time_Hi_Res.jpg

So now with the 4th Week of the E TENEBRAE LUX behind us we are approaching the crucial point of June 15th. From then onwards no NEW entrants will be allowed. The teams in each forum will be set. No reinforcements will be forthcoming and the brave warriors that took the oath will be on their own until the end on August 15th. So to those of you that are hanging on the balance, make a step forward, reveal yourselves, make the vow and support your brothers that have already committed in this Challenge! Only a few days left… Come Friday the doors will be closed – never to open up again!!!

Another thing to take into account is that no modifications or changes of any kind on existing vows will be allowed after June 15th, no withdrawals and no changing of sides. Those that are in are in for the duration of the Challenge and are liable for their vows. Failure to complete will warrant the Badge of Shame! New vows will allowed provided previous vows are declared complete.

So come Friday the situation would have crystallized, people will know who is on their team and strategies might start to form. There are the fast painters and those that have substantial stash that could add new vows at will. Those that have vast vows that will probably keep them busy to the end of Challenge in mid-August and those that can step in with quick ones to give the edge to their faction!

Also a reminder:

ALL THREE “CODEX: SPACE MARINE” SUB-FORUMS (IA, LA, UM) WILL BE TREATED AS ONE WHERE TOTAL POINTS ARE CONCERNED. IN EFFECT THEY WILL BECOME ONE FACTION FOR THE PURPOSES OF THIS CHALLENGE

While the progress of each forum will be monitored individually their total completed points will be added together and this would be the amount of points other forums will have to compete against! Should they win all three forums will have the honor to carry the badge of the Champion!

So here are the 4th Week standings:

E TENEBRAE LUX – WEEK 4
Black Templars 31 39 17,580 451
Blood Angels 39 41 21,187 517
Dark Angels 57 61 31,992 524
Codex Space Marines 43 44 26,594 618
Space Wolves 29 31 20,595 664
Chaos 30 33 12,447 377
Ordos Inquisition 12 15 4,611 307
Total 241 264 135,036 560
Index Astartes 21 22 11,752 534
Liber Astartes 11 11 7,463 678
Ultramarines 11 11 7,379 671

Please note that following the deadline of June 15th the above table will also start to show completed points per faction for easier track record. Until then the amount of completed points will be mentioned in each forum’s individual comment below:

Comments:

The Dark Angels really set new standards this week adding 13(!) new vows and almost 8k points. This puts them firmly in the lead of the Challenge with some clear distance from the second. Completions are still sparse with only 755 points completed so far. However they certainly have the edge right now because the main issue until June 15th is to get new vows in. And the DAs excel in that!

The Wolves also tried to add new vows with some success (+6 on the week) and also increased their completions to 1,380pts. But in the big picture they are in dire straights. With only 29 vows the weight upon those that have committed is too heavy. Their very large vows and monstrous points/vow ratio manage to keep in the game (4th in terms of points pledged) but small vow-count will show its ugly face in the later part of the Challenge. Will they manage to increase participation before the doors close? Or will the few carry the honor of the many on their shoulders? You have enough time to get people in – but you need to move fast. If you manage to get just 10 more people in combined with your legendary high point vows victory will be within your grasp!

Blood Angels are currently among the favorites. Plain and simple. Only third in vows and points and fairly close to the second place they are very well positioned to jump forward as the Challenge gradually matures… But be careful – if you do not maintain a flow of new participants it’ll be very easy to run out of steam come July and then it’ll be almost impossible to reverse the situation. You really need to add as many new entrants as possible before Friday’s deadline so you’ll get more options later on! The BAs managed to complete 1,920 pts so far.

Black Templars have managed to reach 31 participants in total (+5 on the week) but are now in a challenging position. Unless they bring in reinforcements in the form of new vows (at least 10 more), they’ll have to significantly raise their points/vow ratio to above Wolf levels – and that is saying something. Then again accepting challenges is what the BTs do for a living so maybe that’s for the best. :lol: But seriously the more new vows you bring in your chances increase exponentially! Focus on new recruits while there is still time and leave completions for later! On the positive side, the BTs currently sport the highest amount of completions at 2,260pts

Codex Forums continue their proud trajectory to the top! They have the second highest amount of participants, the second highest amount of new additions and the second highest amount of pledged points. They appear to be are doing alright on all fronts, but will it be enough? There is only one Champion and the second best is as good as last! Also the BAs are closing in aggressively so there is certainly no comfort in their position. The last few days may prove enough to topple them from second place unless they secure it by maintaining momentum in terms of new additions. Keep the engines running guys! The only completions so far is 220pts, but at this stage this is of fairly low importance. This week Index Astartes retained the largest contribution to the combined effort with 44% of total points pledged with the other two forums equally contributing 28% each.

Chaos stepped-up its effort in line with the SWs and the BTs retaining similar levels of vows. In terms of points however they are significantly behind, a phenomenon that is attributed to the expectation of the rumored new Chaos Codex. However, if this proves to be false, you guys will be missing out on the opportunity to support the Dark Gods in this challenge for no reason… If on the other hand it proves correct and you have not committed by Friday you will again miss the opportunity to participate – only this time you’ll probably have new fancy minis and huge appetite to start new projects. So play safe, join the ETL with small vows if this is how you feel and you get the option to raise the stakes later! If you’re not in by Friday, you are not in at all! Chaos had some completions already as well to a total of 1,601 pts.

Ordos Inquisition added another participant this week and another renewed vow. Their total completions are a 693pts and they stand defiant in the face of the First Legion! They follow their lonely path to the Emperor’s light and woe to those that will stand in their way! Keep walking guys – you’re making all of us proud! :(

The Mechanicum remains silent.

So the 4th week is over… The total participation has been breathtaking so far and more is yet to happen! Overall there are 241 participants having pledged almost 135k points so far! This is fantastic and very promising for the later parts of the Challenge where competition is expected to climb steeply!!! :P

As we approach the deadline I would appreciate if all participants check that their vows are correctly entered and make sure they make any final adjustments. Recall that after the 15th NO CHANGES IN THE VOWS WILL BE ALLOWED. One can always make new vows ONCE the previous ones are declared complete but no change in the vows will be allowed once it is submitted.

THIS IS THE LAST OPPORTUNITY FOR NEW ENTRANTS! ON FRIDAY THE DOORS WILL BE CLOSED FOR EVER

Good luck to all!

“I Chaptermaster Graymantle answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 30 Terminators, 1 Caestus Assault Ram with a Firefury Missile Battery and Frag Assault Launchers, as well as 3 Land Speeder Tempests from Codex: Space Marines, Imperial Armour v10, and Imperial Armour v2, for a total value of 1830 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Guardian Angels and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year's end”.

Will that contribution do, oh Grand Master of this most blessed Crusade?

Thanks!

Yeah, it's a fair sized vow, especially considering that I'm not entirely done with the Nestir V AoD yet either.

I fully intend to finish the vow, and even to expand on it though.

I have to to get ready for a Mega Battle in september. - A bit of motivation never hurt anyone! :D

Here we go again!

I, Brother Creeger, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and farther vow to complete:

Ancient Brother Rasputin

Imperial Skulls, 3rd Company, 2nd Dreadnaught - Hellfire pattern

(Twin-linked Lascannon & Missile Launcher)

from Codex: Space Marines, of 145 points total value, on or before August the 15th. Success will bring eternal glory to my Liber Astartes chapter, the Imperial Skulls, and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

Here's my new W.I.P. thread.

Haven't been able to get much progress done, but with my last exam tomorrow and then 3-4 weeks off before classes start back up I'll be getting these guys done!

Me too except mine exams are all of next week so hopefully I'll be able to get to work.

ONLY 24 HOURS TO GO FOR NEW ENTRANTS TO JOIN E TENEBRAE LUX!

The current situation in terms of participants:

Black Templars 50
Blood Angels 46
Dark Angels 60
Codex: Space Marines 45
Space Wolves 32
Chaos 35
Ordos Inquisition 12
Total 279

So make haste – this time tomorrow the doors close to new entrants forever! Set your B&C clock to GMT time, this is what I’m going by. Good luck to all!

I hereby make my pledge!

“I Brother Cambrius answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 1 Tactical Squad and Drop Pod from Codex: Space Marines of total value 225 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to LIBER ASTARTES and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

Cambrius

Archived