+++E Tenebrae Lux+++

“I ,Wolf Lord Kieran, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete posted below from Codex: Space Wolves of total value 995pts on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to my brothers and siters of the Fang and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

here is my next vow:

Wolf Lord on TWM with wolf claws x 2, runic armor, Belt of Russ, melta bombs, wolf tooth necklace, wolf tail talisman

Iron Priest with wolf tail talisman, wolf tooth necklace

Thunderwolf Cav x1, storm shield

Wolf Guard in PAx8, 2 with wolf claws, 2 with frost weapons, 2 with power fists and 2 with dual plasma pistols

Contemptor Dreadnought with carapace missile launcher, wolf tooth necklace, wolf tail talisman, heavy flamer, extra armor, search light

grand total 995 pts.

WLK

“I Bjorn Stormfang answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete one Wolf Priest in terminator armor and two Iron Priests on Thunderwolves from Codex: Space Wolves of total value 310 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Vlka Fenryka and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

WOW :D

these are some magnificent paint jobs there! and some crazy new vows considering the timing! Anyway, the last weekly update will be up in a few hours - get ready for some pleasent surprises! ;)

@ Bjorn Stormfang: This is exactly the shade of grey I'd go for! Dark, dark grey FTW! I also love the iconography and the deep red shoulder pads! I'm in awe!

@ Wolfebane: You usual very high standard did it again! Congratulations man - this is some Wolf Lord!

@ WLK and Rayray: it seems to me the Curse of the Wulfen has taken you both! :D

E TENEBRAE LUX – 12th WEEK UPDATE

So Week 12 has drawn to an end. With almost 110k worth of completed points and an increased completion rate of 48.1% vs. 42.5 last week the ETL is now set for its final week! Week 11 was a fairly busy one with more some 15.8k pts completed in total and a sizeable 8.6k pts of new vows added still! This raises the total amount of points pledged in the ETL to an astounding 228k pts! Now this is the last week. THE LAST WEEK. Wrap it up guys – do not do anything to jeopardize your existing work and those that have still outstanding vows (especially those that are in their second or subsequent vow) focus of completing to preserve all your previous effort!

+++EXTEREMELY IMPORTANT STUFF+++

-This is the last weekly update. I will however keep updating the tables until the event’s official conclusion. On August 15th @ 22:00 GMT is the official end of the ETL. Please, PLEASE do not let things run to the last minute if possible. Missing the deadline for a minute will be a big let down and could leave a bitter taste to the participant in question – which will be a pity. Make no mistake I will enforce a strict deadline on the event. Completions reported at 22:01 GMT WILL NOT COUNT. In case of doubt the clock that matters is the B&C clock set to GMT time. (Remember GMT time does not change from winter to summer time so even London has an hour difference to GMT during the summer months).

-Check out the tables to ensure your vows/completions are recorded correctly. I’m willing to examine any objections but that has to be done no later than August 16th. So any objections that have not been voiced by then (the next day of the ETL’s completion) WILL NOT BE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT! Needless to say, the earliest one raises an objection the sooner the final report will get out. Which brings us nicely to…

-THE FINAL REPORT!!! This is going to be full of data about the event as a whole, each forum’s performance and of course detailed lists of those that completed or failed to complete their vows. The “Victory Banners” will also be presented and the participants will be able to don the appropriate banner that will also represent the number of their completions.

-For those that failed to fulfill a vow, even if it was the last in a series of successful completions, you should wear the Badge of Shame until year-end (or more if you feel the penitence period should be extended). So behold the Badge of Shame:

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/ETL_02_Oathbreaker.jpg

So now for the usual update for Week 12 in more detail:

E TENEBRAE LUX – 12TH WEEK UPDATE
Black Templars 127 48,573 382 28,215 58%
Blood Angels 65 31,973 492 11,451 36%
Dark Angels 97 45,152 465 17,680 39%
Codex Space Marines 58 34,082 588 11,195 33%
Space Wolves 56 36,592 653 20,416 56%
Chaos 60 25,794 430 15,955 62%
Ordos Inquisition 23 6,226 271 4,938 79%
Total 486 228,392 470 109,850 48%
Index Astartes 31 16,695 539 8,355 50%
Liber Astartes 15 9,818 655 1,695 17%
Ultramarines 12 7,569 631 1,145 15%

Comments:

The Dark Angels managed to complete a 1.3k pts but the sad truth is that’s nowhere near enough... They are now in third position with a clear distance not only from the Templars but also the Wolves that are now clearly second. The only thing that can change that, is if the big guns appear. The DAs have a lack (comparably speaking) of the super-vow completions (i.e. vows above 1k pts). Unless these guys show up I can’t see the situation reversing... Let’s face it 38% completion rate in a 50%+ world is just not enough!

The Wolves had their best week todate – even better than Week 11! With 5k pts worth of completions they are now north of 20k in total and firmly second with a clear distance of 2.7k from the Dark Angels. However they are still some 7.8k behind the Templars. This means that not only they need to complete their sizeable new vows (at 2.7k they still added less than the Templars this week) but most importantly get those that have yet to complete their first vows mobilized! Unless they give everything they have (first and subsequent vows) they will not be able to challenge the Templars for top position. All in all Week 12 can be called the Week of the Wolf! Congratulations guys – I have the feeling that more is yet to come!

Blood Angels seem to get some mobilization late in the game. Still they may manage to end better than the Codex forums – especially as interest in the last days seems to be resurfacing. They have completed 1.6pts this week which, although not spectacular, is better than the DAs for example. Again the main objective here should be to get first vows completed rather than risk the pts of those that already have completions in their records. This is it guys – the last week. Make every point count!

Black Templars have not relaxed a single bit – and rightly so it seems, Wolves with the that close behind you. The Templars had the most completions this week exceeding 5.2k pts. With their completion rate approaching 60% and adding the most new vows even in the 11th hour they have a momentum unmatched by any other forum. As the final week starts it seems they are the favorites to win this – and rightly so. They continued delivering sizeable completions throughout the ETL now, it seems, it’s time to collect! Or is it?

Codex Forums seem to be completely out of steam. Despite some declarations of progress no solid results have been coming their way. Although the painting quality is generally of very high standard it seems their completion rate is currently the worse. So is the last position what you guys are shooting for? Because that’s where you’ll be come the 15th UNLESS you start delivering some results. All three sub-forums of your faction had a very silent week, with the UMs saving some of the honor with an, admittedly beautiful, but small vow points-wise. This is the time to rise again and give your rivals a nasty surprise – a last hurrah!

Chaos is fighting the long war here and with more success than Abbadon may I add! They are 4th but with a completion rate of above 60% they can be really proud of themselves! More importantly they are only 1.7k pts behind the DAs! Hmmm… How’s that for a challenge? Regardless the Chaos faction is in a really good shape with some committed individuals still very much in the game – let’s see how this palys out! Remember, if you paint the points, you will win – as simple as that!

Ordos Inquisition have a completion rate of 79%. CAN YOU MAKE IT 80%? This would be an awesome way to show to all who’s the most committed forum!!!

So until the FINAL REPORT, farewell and good luck to all!

finished 1 grey hunter pack today! If only I had been smart and made many little vows instead of 1 big one :teehee: still 3 packs to finish and a couple wolf guard models!

I know that feeling haha - if I'd vowed my big lot (7 termies, 10 jumpers, coupla PA guys and a dread) in smaller lots I could probs have done it :(

still there's another week hendrik :P do not despair :P I'm sure the old wolf in you won't go down that easily ;)

well the other models are about 60% done, it's just that after thursday i'm not home anymore until monday, and then i'm leaving again on wednesday, so not a lot of time!

guess that'll teach me to postphone my painting! >_<

I Arez vow to complete a Predator with TLLC and LC side sponsons with EA,SB,Dozer blade for a total of 195pts.If i have time i'll do the IP that owns it.

mactire here second vow completed.

2 x lone wolves

gallery_61271_7571_1190415.jpg

gallery_61271_7571_2272978.jpg

gallery_61271_7571_495337.jpg

gallery_61271_7571_1628962.jpg

thats me done guys real world kicking back in and dont want to make vows i cant complete.

btw well done to anyone that completed especially some of you [arez wlk etc ], for the rest there are a couple of days left so dont give up yet. :tu:

thanks for this captain great idea hope you run another in the future. ;)

“I the TrueSonOfRuss answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 1 Wolf Lord in TDA with a Belt of Russ, Wolf Tail Talisman, Wolf-tooth Necklace, Frost Blade, and Storm Bolter worth190 pts per Codex: Space Wolves on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Vlka Fenryka and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

I have him based and with all luck will not get called into work tomorrow morning and thus will have him done because I'm driving on until he is complete...no rest for the wicked.

Archived