Behold Lorgar!

I thought the mace looked fine. It certainly looks big enough to stave in marine battle plate, especially when held by a Primarch. ^_^

Not sure what mace you're looking at DAT. The one I can see has a head twice the size of a Primarch's skull, or the best part of a Marine's torso. Likewise, the shaft is nearly as thick as an Astartes arm. How much bigger do you want it to be? I think it were much bigger, it would look silly and cartoonish.

Not really - its still obviously much bigger than his head, so still over-sized in realistic terms, or appropriately sized for GW's "hero scale" or whatever they call it.

Yay, it's bigger than his head, but proportioned to his armour, however, it's not so great. Just look at the shaft, too. He could break that without any servo-assistance like a twig.

This is supposed to be forged by Ferrus Mannus, who is used to forging primarch sized weapons according to Fulgrim. Why in the Emperor's name would he screw up on this? He only created the weapon to compensate Lorgar for saving his life, and insulted the traitor when he gave it to him. Despite this Lorgar continued to use this particular weapon throughout his career as both loyalist and traitor, to the point it has become synomonous with all chaplains.

Illuminarium needs to be a pretty impressive weapon to pull that off. The fact that we can debate this at all is solid evidence, to me, that this mace should be replaced with something much more impressive.

That's just my opinion, though. Obviously none of you are beholden to accept it, least of all the OP himself, but I hope you at least understand why Illuminarium should be more than just a bog standard mace that we've seen so many times.

A very impressive piece, made more so by the fact there is so little greenstuff (visible, at least). I especially like what you've done with the shoulder pads to bulk them out to match his height.

Would love to see this painted.

I quite like the mace, myself. Its more realistic in size, although still massive when compared to the torso of an Imperial Guardsmen. Its more like the artwork weapons you see, not the plastic ones given to you, in that they're not over sized to make them more visible to players.

So, nice work!

Wonderful, truly wonderful, and I'll add my weight to the "mace is fine" side of the debate; people's perception of weapons has been ruined by GW's combination of heroic scale AND weapons which are oversized for heroic scale, this is spot-on for a Primarch's weapon.

Can we trouble you for as complete a list of parts as you remember? I'm getting artscale custodian tinglings after seeing this :)

Thanks for the kind comments guys, I'm really chuffed with how well he's been received.

I intend to paint him and some heresy era word bearers for my armies on parade entry, maybe set on Calth with some scattered Ultramarine corpse's around the place :) Thinking of painting him red with gold detailing as per Neil Roberts awesome cover artwork for Aaron Dembski-Bowden's much anticipated Betrayer novel, although if anybody can help with specific details and colours I would appreciate it very much.

as for parts list, he consist's of:

WFB chaos warrior head

WFB chaos knignt chest, arms, mace and upper shoulder pads

WFB lord on manticore legs (cut and straighted out) and the top of his shield as Lorgars Iron halo thingy

40K termi lord cloak, loin cloth and book

40K chaos marine back pack and shoulder pads (berserker on his left)

40K blood angel left hand

40K space marine pouches

His groin and hips are made of mostly green stuff.

Dark Apostle Thirst: I understand if you feel the mace doesn't fit with your idea of a Primarch's weapon although Your the only person to share that view so far, one negative view is hardly a debate :P, Joking aside I feel it's fine, going by Neil Roberts artwork and the descriptions I have read the proportions seem about right, mines maybe a little shorter and less spikey but certainly not by much, I've taken a picture of the mace I have used in the conversion next to a marine below:

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n104/Rogaldorn_album/lorgarmace.jpg

Bearing in mind that I've attempted to scale Lorgar correctly to a normal marine model then that would make my Illuminarium 7-8ft long and nearly as thick as an astartes arm, for me that's pretty Impressive

Kol_Saresk: I'm really considering making another Primarch and if I do Konrad Curze is at the top of my list :)

• 2 weeks later...
At my local GW we had a primarch conversion challenge, I decided to make Lorgar as I'm currently working on a heresy era word bearer army, he's made using almost entirely plastic components, I'm really pleased with how he's turned out.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n104/Rogaldorn_album/LORGAR1jpg.jpg

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n104/Rogaldorn_album/LORGAR2.jpg

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n104/Rogaldorn_album/LORGAR3.jpg

:D

Absolutely freaking awesome!!

You have no idea how badly I want one just like it, lol!!

Almost Speechless looking at it!

~BtW

Dude that is pretty amazing! You have got the look, the detail, the pose - everything! Very eye-catching stuff there. The only other person on the B&C IMHO to have a Primarch to rival this is The Damned Articifer's Rogal Dorn. Cracking job mate :P ! Thread followed!!!!

Dude that is pretty amazing! You have got the look, the detail, the pose - everything! Very eye-catching stuff there. The only other person on the B&C IMHO to have a Primarch to rival this is The Damned Articifer's Rogal Dorn. Cracking job mate :devil: ! Thread followed!!!!

Sorry to go Off Topic, but is it possibel to get a linkie to that Dorn model you compared it to? (I´ve search with no results)...

And once again, top-notch modelling, especially skillful to get the pose so good when putting together different bitz like that... I´m itching to paint it!

Dude that is pretty amazing! You have got the look, the detail, the pose - everything! Very eye-catching stuff there. The only other person on the B&C IMHO to have a Primarch to rival this is The Damned Articifer's Rogal Dorn. Cracking job mate :) ! Thread followed!!!!

Sorry to go Off Topic, but is it possibel to get a linkie to that Dorn model you compared it to? (I´ve search with no results)...

And once again, top-notch modelling, especially skillful to get the pose so good when putting together different bitz like that... I´m itching to paint it!

I found this with a quick google search. Its very nice :)

Archived