Behold Lorgar!

That is truly awesome - It's crisp, clean, not overloaded with 'bits'... love it! At 1st i thought you used the Chaos Marine model from the Inquisitor range.

The weapon issue... i dont see a problem with it. Its big, but not to big. I hate it when you see an oversized weapon on a model, it makes it look like something out of a Manga film. The weapon was made by a master weapon smith, im sure he is very capable of making a 'normal' sized weapon that is able to be used by a primarch and not snap/break. The weapon needs to be able to be holstered when not in use and not impead movement. If the mace was bigger it would stop him walking as he would be almost sat on it. Konrad's claws aren't so big they drag on the flaw, Dorn's chainsword isnt so big it drags on the floor when he walks down the road... bigger isnt better.

• 1 year later...

Has anyone realized the obvious parallels between Phal's Lorgar and FW's? They blatantly ripped the dude who made this model back in May 2012.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n104/Rogaldorn_album/LORGAR1jpg.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t107/ScoutSi/Miniatures/DSCN2579_zps6b3387bc.jpg

Holy .... 

I don't see it, beyond them both looking like Lorgar, which, y'know, they should. FW Lorgar is very clearly based off of the art for him on the cover of Betrayer.

FW's looks leagues better, though. If it is the same modeler, he's gotten a lot better.

I don't see it, beyond them both looking like Lorgar, which, y'know, they should. FW Lorgar is very clearly based off of the art for him on the cover of Betrayer.

FW's looks leagues better, though. If it is the same modeler, he's gotten a lot better.

Well it would mostly be the basic design. Think of Phal's as the concept and then FW as the final product, in terms of the similarities. Similar pose, similar body style.

I don't know how you can straight faced say you can't see the similarity between the overall composition of the two models. And FW's Lorgar is based off the cover of Betrayer, except it's not. 

But, as they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. 

Right, they both look like Lorgar. That doesn't sound like Phal's led to FW, that sounds like they both made a Lorgar. I am sure there are plenty of non-FW Angrons that show him charging with two axes before FW came out with theirs.

When I type in "Lorgar model" on Google images it is the sixth image that displays.

Do I know 100% percent FW saw this and ran with it, expanding on basic concepts and undeniably making their own with it? Course not, but the resemblance is there.

Like I said, proving would be the pain.

But as BCK just showed:

http://i.imgur.com/KolAAdO.jpg?2

This is hardly the first time we've seen two artists come up with similar poses.

Aside from Fulgrim and Ferrus, who were designed mid-fight, Angron and Lorgar have their 95% pose. That pose you know they are in 95% of the time. The only thing I can think of to make it more super iconic Lorgar would be to have an arm upraised like they did with Erebus.

Aside from Fulgrim and Ferrus, who were designed mid-fight, Angron and Lorgar have their 95% pose. That pose you know they are in 95% of the time. The only thing I can think of to make it more super iconic Lorgar would be to have an arm upraised like they did with Erebus.

I agree with you. I don't stir up things for fun, it's just an observation I made and figured I'd post here. 

EDIT: And real quick, if I was making the Lorgar mini pre-change here's what I'd do. Have him two handing that mace, looking down at the head of it in contemplation. As if he's rebelling against the notion that he was created to lead as a warrior, and not the priest he became. Would provide for a much more existential looking piece, in my mind. 

Darth, brother, I hate to disagree with you, but they're not that similar to my eye. The pose for both is very static and open and even there, differences can be seen like Phall's Lorgar appears to have a lot more tension in his shoulders as if he's inhaling and the FW Lorgar is much broader and relaxed in the shoulders.

Also, where Phall has Lorgor looking almost like a Chaos Chosen from WHFB, the FW version definitely looks like a marine.

I just hope they do carve some symbols into that dome of his. Enough to pull off his golden-skinned illusion. Paint the head all fleshy, then pick out the tightly clustered Colchisian script in gold.

Edit: And I love that Ullanor Lorgar. Looks like that marble earth globe is the head of his staff, which would be an awesome weapon.

Well, I mean I see there are plenty of differences that separate the two. The aesthetic detailing is at two different ends of the spectrum, and Phal's oozes that arrogant aura that FW's lacks, for sure. I guess we'll agree to disagree then. A lot of this stems from the similarity between the legs. They're very much alike, specifics like the spikes and knee pads aside. The general stance and overall look are close. Same goes for the arms. 

I think I came across as too combative in my original approach. I could really care less. The internet is a horrible conveyor of moods and attitudes. And I know that. :P

Archived