Team Tourny Batrep

Acebaur

So I was recently in a team tourny with my DA friend and we did pretty well, coming in 4th. Our games went W - L - W, and we could have won the second game if it weren't for some bad luck with the dice and not going first. You can see our list here and the missions here. Highlights are below.

Game 1

Opponent: Orks and IG

So this mission had variable night fight rules and man was it DARK! Night fight lasted until turn 4 and the IG player could hardly ever see anything to shoot. When he could see something, he missed :lol: . It was also DoW, so that hampered the IG as well. Fortunately all of our heavy weapons that had to walk on could move and fire :devil: Turn 1 we deepstruck a unit of DW termies and stuck them right in the face of the IG player and they misshaped. Fortunately they weren't destroyed and instead were placed by our opponents right in front of a large ork unit. Ultimately they were destroyed, but it worked to our favor as it left the mob of orks that killed them out in open to be murdered by my PotMS vindi. The other DW in their LRC's engaged the remnants of the squad shot by the vindi and a third mob that didn't last long.

Meanwhile on the other side of the board, my two groups of shooty termies marched on the board and one of them was assaulted by snikrot and co. They died to his blades, but not before take several of them with him, and the next turn they were wiped from existence by my other squad of termies firing point blank frags and storm bolters. Another mob of boys bunkered up in a piece of terrain and did largely nothing as my LRC drove by and unleashed their assault termies on a squadron of leman russes which they promptly obliterated.

Finally on turn 5 night fight was over and a hail of AT fire opened up from our side of the board and took out several IG tanks sealing their fate. The ork Lootas who had seen nothing all game rolled a 1 for their shots and completely whiffed.

Game 2

Opponent: Deathwing DA and Necrons

So we would have probably won this game if we had gone first but as it was they immobilized some of our stuff and blocked others with bikes on turn one preventing us from rushing the middle of the board where the objectives were. To make matters worse we had two vehicles that immobilized themselves on terrain. We spent too much time trying to kill this stupid necron lord on some kind of a skimmer and instead should have been shooting the DA devs and fraging necrons.

The battle broke down into 3 main battles. One on the right side of the board where I was engaged with two squads DW including Belial and my assault termies rolled poorly and my shoot termies couldn't get there in time to contest the objective. On the left side was something similar only this time in favor of our forces, though that objective was the one that disappeared and that fight became irrelevant. The only highlight of this game was the epicness that was in the center. A giant swarm of scarabs was assaulting a lone DW Terminator who made save after save after save and tied those things up the whole game!

Game 3

Opponent Orks and more Orks.

So in this game we were split up into table quarters which I think really hindered our opponents because one of them was all mech orks and the other was all footslogging. Initially we decided to try and gang up on one player and then focus on the other. However this failed when yet again an LRC immobilized itself on terrain. So instead we pushed toward the center to try and capture a point and then try to hold off the tide. On my side the mech ork player and I went at it with him on the receiving end of a rain of missiles which put a hurt on his vehicles. His warboss tried to damage my LRC but it was unscathed and went on to murder stuff with it's guns all game. The Assault termies inside didn't see much action except for destroying a fleeing group of nobs. Those nobs had been very resilient and withstood a torrent of fire from my tactical termies. My vindicator was at it again slaughtering orks in droves and even though it died, was brought back on using the missions special rule to reap more destruction. My tactical termies also performed well killing dozens of orks themselves.

The real epicness, and a good reason for our victory was Belial's squad which was assaulted by two squads totaling 50 orks which after a couple of rounds of combat ran fleeing off the table. This allowed us to get a point for controlling the center which ultimately secured our victory. This mission was by far the most fun, though I don't think our opponents felt the same way because they killed very little this game

All in all it was a fun tournament and I think we did pretty good considering we ran 3 LRC's and almost all terminators.

Congrats, good to see you had so much fun with the tournament!

Going in one myself in a week or so and then another one at the end of the month.

-Dono

nice work ace! sounds like a blast! i remember your termy-heavy list and thought it would do well! deathwing can do some cheeky things with terminators as well, even though they don't have furious charge or tank hunters :lol: it's funny my ork opponent's always the one who immobilizes his vehicles on terrain haha stinks you lost 3 lr's to terrain! but the lrc still is a tough customer, even without legs :) good show ace

Archived