Does Dantes weapon count as an AXE?

daboarder

Our flyers are awesome

Yes, but are they really flyers? ;)

Someone help me out here.

-The SR did not get changed to a Flyer in our FAQ.

-I have been lead to believe that the SR is not in the BA armory in the BRB.

Can someone give me a compelling RAW argument that says the BA SR is a flyer?

GW dropped the ball with this initial FAQ update imo.

I want the Axe rules thankyou.

I dont mind how he is played, I1 or I6 it seems entirely reasonable to keep Dante as he is at I6 he was pretty good at S5 AP2 I liked him.

Whats changed is AP2 is now AP3. even at I1 It is bigger than you think.

Do you know how many HQ characters are out there with AP2 ? very bloody few now all the swords and such are AP3 there are few HQ's that Dante will not get a 2+ armour save against and then either 4++ then a 5+FNP (assuming a priest for his SG)

GW have stopped handing out AP2 like smarties, I am grateful to keep Dante at AP2 I1. Challenges are not the issue you think with shooting picking off models those buffed champions are prime for strafing and removal. I think Dante is fine at I6 AP3 S5 but a lot more dangerous at I1 AP2 S6.

A power that counts as two powers.

A stormraven har fast, hover and flyer special rules. - summary at the back of the BBB, Space marine vehicles section.

Thank you! so you could come in zooming, move 36 inch fire two weapon and only get hit on a 6? And the next turn you simply switch to skimmer, move 6 inch fire all weapond and the DC cargo can assault? Sounds too good to be true..

Where exactly does it say that Dante has an axe rules-wise, though? From what I see, he has a mastercrafted powerweapon, that looks like an axe...so I could exchange his axe for a sword and be fine. That's a bit unclear right now. Gonna play him like he's got a normal powerweapon.

Snorri

Havent read past the 2nd page yet- stopped when i got to this, so Ill go back and read.

But i'm with Snorri on this.

They specifically changed Lemartes'weapon to say MC powermaul - they didnt with Dante, therefore i'm assuming thats on purpose. Since its a PW with a special rule I'm of the belief its Ap3

Keep this thread to rules on the axe please. All else will be nuked.

P.S. My BRB is taking its sweet time to get to me so I don't know if we can use power lances (or whatever they are called) but they might be great for SG.

The FAQ covers this where is says wherever it says power sword replace it with power weapon.

That would mean that if we have the option, we can take it!

The way I read rules. It seems to me that both SG glaive and Dante's "Axe" fall under the unusual powerweapon rules. it meets the required 1 or more unique rule with master crafted.

My conclusions are reinforce by the ruling of Lemartes, mastercrafted crozius being ruled a maul, instead of a unusual power weapon.

The way I read rules. It seems to me that both SG glaive and Dante's "Axe" fall under the unusual powerweapon rules. it meets the required 1 or more unique rule with master crafted.

My conclusions are reinforce by the ruling of Lemartes, mastercrafted crozius being ruled a maul, instead of a unusual power weapon.

But they took the time to specify Lemartes weapon. Doesn't this imply that the others would use their "unique" weapons at ap3? Why would they not make separate entries for Glaives and Dante if they wanted them to count as axes?

This whole FAQ seems pretty iffy. More like a "Would You Like to Have Questions that You Never Thought of Asking Before"... or WYLHQYNTAB. Catchy isn't it :D

But they took the time to specify Lemartes weapon. Doesn't this imply that the others would use their "unique" weapons at ap3? Why would they not make separate entries for Glaives and Dante if they wanted them to count as axes?

Thats the exact point im trying to make

There is a the tiny detail that Dante's axe is called the Axe-Mortalis. It's an axe. Yes, it sucks.

Must confess, I was thinking much the same. No offence to James I but if you choose to model Dante with a sword that's fine with me, but as far as the rules are concerned, it's an axe. If you really want to get pedantic about it, then your model is unusable as it's not WYSIWYG.

There is a the tiny detail that Dante's axe is called the Axe-Mortalis. It's an axe. Yes, it sucks.

Must confess, I was thinking much the same.

It IS an Axe Zeller and Morollan.

There is ZERO debate about that.

However, in allignment with the rules, PWs that have their own unique rules count as AP3.

The debate is not whether it's an axe. But whether its a unique axe or a generic axe.

So far the rule for MC and the specific change to Lemartes' weapon are both in argument for it being a unique axe.

However, in allignment with the rules, PWs that have their own unique rules count as AP3.

The debate is not whether it's an axe. But whether its a unique axe or a generic axe.

So far the rule for MC and the specific change to Lemartes' weapon are both in argument for it being a unique axe.

Yes, I completely agree.

I honestly think that Dante and the Sanguinary Guard's Glaive Encarmine axes are safe.

Chaos Codex FAQ: Gorechild officially listed as a Power Axe.

:unsure: hahahah omg....my Chaos buddy is gonna throw fits.

But, for purposes of this thread..

Chaos Codex FAQ - gorechild was explicitly listed as a Power Axe

Is it master crafted?

Forgive my ignorance but I haven't been keeping track of all the rule leaks. Does a unique weapon profile alter the weapon from its original named form into something else? So the axe mortalis will look like like an axe, sound like an axe, but function like a unique weapon whatever that means?

Sorry guys, Dante is gimped imho. It hasn't got any special rules of its own per say, it is 'just' a master crafted power AXE. If it can happen to Kharne (c'mon, Kharne of all people :cuss?!?!?) then it will happen to Dante. I think they just did a GeeDub special and missed it in the FAQ....hopefully I am wrong and they will rule the other way, but until then I think I will be using it at I1 :unsure:

Another sore point for me is my counts as has a sword which will be getting the, ahem, chop as soon as there is an official ruling.

Is it master crafted?

tbh I though Gorechild did have its own special rules being a chain axe that ignored armour saves (which Karne always hit on 2's but I think that is his rule....). Does it rend? I can't remember.

I think trying to make a Glaive Encarmine or Dante's Axe a "Unique" power weapon is a real stretch. Sure they have names for their weapons but they do not have a unique ruleset. Being listed as a Master-crafted Powerweapon is nothing more than a powerweapon with a re-roll, nothing unique there. And to see what type of weapon you have, you look at the model.

So if you want all I4 AP3 swords in you SG, I think you'll have to model them that way.

Dante's official model has an axe, I don't see any way around this until GW wakes up and makes a Unique profile for the Axe of Mortalis.

Examples of true unique weapons would be Astorath's Executioner's Axe, that has it's own rule stating it strikes at S6, or Tycho's dead mans hand, or Corbulo's Heavens Teeth.

I don't think Lemartes weapon is special or unique either, it is just a standard master crafted power maul. Since every chaplain's power weapon listing was changed to power maul, this is no different, just shows that his is master crafted. Just like Dantes is just a standard weapon, but master crafted.

:unsure: got ninja'd by Midnight Runner :ph34r:

I have been following this tread and re-reading my book over and over. I think I have one more to chalk up for unique power weapon. If you loo at the description of power weapons it says "If a model's wargear says it has a power weapon which has no further special rules, look at the model to tell which type..."

master crafted is a special rule mentioned in this description deferring it to unusual power weapons

The point I was attempting to get across though is that changing the model to a sword does not change the rules. If it's ruled as a power axe then having your version with a sword will not let you get around that.

Archived