Astartes Tera

ShasVa

Since 6th edition has been out I've been thinking how to adapt my DIY chapter for it. All the data below is still a WIP, and points costs are not included for the special characters or the unique war-machine yet, but they will be once I can caculate them properly.

Teramarines Codex Changes

OVERALL

• All Tactical, Devastator, and Assault Squads are reduced from 10-man to 6-man. The chapter prefers armed Razorbacks to carry their battle-brothers into war.
  • The exception to the above is the chapter's 11th Company. These are Assault Squads without Jump Packs. They retain their full 10-man squads size, and use Rhinos for transport.
  • As the chapter does not directly use its Scout Company, Devastator Squads may take Sniper Rifles as a wargear choice.
  • The Teramarines are able to take the following; Stormraven Gunship, Land Raider Ares, Land Raider Achilles, Mortis-Pattern Dreadnoughts, Earthshaker Cannon Artillery, Hydra AA Tanks (fluff-wise most of this is not named as such). The reason for these additions is explained by their fluff - the chapter is more into technology than most, and isn't afraid to be innovative or adapt (fluff-zealots may flame me for this later!!).

PREDATOR

The Autocannon can be replaced by all wargear covered by the Predator's entry in the Codicies and Forge World books (including the Deimos-Pattern Predator's entry), in addition to the following;

• Twin-Linked Auto-Cannon (+20 points)
  • Twin-Linked Assault Cannons (+50 points)
  • Battle Cannon (+55 points)

Teramarines Unique Characters/Vehicles

CHAPTER MASTER ADAMAS

WS6-BS5-S5-T4-W3-I5-A3-LD10-SV3+

Unit Type: Infantry (Character)

Wargear: Impervious Storm, The Fulgurite Blade

Special Rules: Independent Character, And They Shall Know No Fear, Combat Tactics, Aura of Inspiration

[impervious Storm] Adamas' saving throw is Invulnerable, and he also benefits from the Eternal Warrior special rule.

[The Fulgurite Blade] A Master-Crafted AP2 Power Weapon with the Haywire special rule. Additionally, successful Invulnerable saves made against its attacks must be re-rolled.

[Aura of Inspiration] Adamas always starts with the Command Trait "Inspiring Presence" (do not roll on the Warlord table in this case).

MASTER RECLUSIARCH VELEN

WS5-BS4-S4-T4-W2-I4-A2-LD10-SV2+

Wargear: Cruciform Flame, Hadean Bolter, Terminator Armour, Iron Halo

Special Rules: Independent Character, Combat Tactics, Liturgies of Battle, Honour of the Chapter

[Cruciform Flame] A Master-Crafted Power Sword. To-Wound rolls of 6 benefit from the Soul Blaze special rule.

[Hadean Bolter] A StormBolter with the Fleshbane special rule.

MASTER LIBRARIAN MARAAD

WS5-BS4-S4-T4-W2-I4-A2-LD10-SV2+

Wargear: Dawnlight, Storm Shield, Terminator Armour, Psychic Hood

Special Rules: Independent Character, And They Shall Know No Fear, Combat Tactics, Master Psyker

[Dawnlight] A Master-Crafted Force Maul with the Concussive special rule.

[Master Psyker] Maraad has access to all Psychic Powers available to Space Marines. In addition he has a Mastery Level of 3.

FORGEMASTER DAELO

WS4-BS5-S4-T4-W3-I4-A2-LD10-SV2+

Wargear: Spider Harness, Pulsefire Gun, Artificer Armour

Special Rules: Independent Character, And They Shall Know No Fear, Combat Tactics, Blessing of the Omnissiah, Bolster Defences, Lord of the Armoury, One with the Machine Spirit

[spider Harness] A Servo-Harness that has four Servo-Arms instead of two. These confer a 4+ BotO roll to Daelo, and allow him to re-roll failed attempts.

[Pulsefire Gun] A Master-Crafted Strength 5 Boltgun.

[One with the Machine Spirit] At the start of the Shooting phase, choose an enemy vehicle within 18" and in Daelo's line-of-sight. On a roll of 5+, Daelo takes control of the target vehicle - you can immediately shoot as if it were your own unit. The vehicle cannot move or alter its facings, but may fire as if it had not moved. All "Crew Shaken" and "Crew Stunned" results are ignored, but destroyed weapons cannot be fired. Once these shooting attacks have been resolved, the vehicle returns to your opponent's control.

Note 1: Units of Servitors can never join Daelo - he works alone and doesn't like them!

BEHOMAT THE TERAGUARD

WS7-BS4-S4-T4-W2-I5-A3-LD10-SV2+

Wargear: Foeblade, Artificer Armour

Special Rules: And They Shall Know No Fear, Combat Tactics, Honour or Death, Teraguard

[Foeblade] A Master-Crafted Power Sword with the Rending special rule.

[Teraguard] Behomat benefits from the Counter-Attack, Crusader, and Jink special rules. In addition, any successful Armour saves that roll a 6 grant a bonus attack of Behomat's basic Strength, directed at the model/unit that caused the wound, and made at the same Initiative step.

Note: Behomat is always counted-as the Chapter Champion in the Honour Guard squad.

BUMP! lol

I removed the entry of the Dies Astrum because I thought that such legends shouldn't be on the table-top. That one ancient war-machine could hinder the efforts of a Tyranid splinter-fleet AND help drive an Ork Waaagh! into retreat suggest that it has marvellous power. Also, with the 6ED thing about Allies, Railguns can be easily represented by the Tau, who (surprisingly) are considered "Battle Brothers" with Space Marines (and my Teramarines chapter are no different).

The Teramarines will still have their technological access trait though, which means they'll still have access to lots of very-nice Astartes toys, and even some nice IG toys (Baneblades, Hydras, Earthshakers, etc).

"Strength and Honour, brothers! For Xanatul*, for the chapter, and for mankind!!"

* Decided to rename their homeworld to Xanatul (pronounced ZAN-AH-TARL), which is now a "Garden Moon" of Atradaitochus, the Hive World in their solar-system.

Archived