Battle Hymns of the Adepta Sororitas

So, some forums have these, we don't yet... what music do you associate with your Sisters?

For me, I like Credens Justitiam (Believing in Justice), but I actually took the names for my Canoness and Palatine (while there was such a thing, now she's a Seraphim Superior) from Mirai no Eve (Eve of the Future). Canoness Mirai and her advisor, Eve. ^^;

Dies Irae from Mozart's Requiem, and Oh Fortuna from Carmina Burana. No particular reason, but very Sisterhood for me :)

Edit: Okay, I lied a little. Just check the text for the poem Dies Irae (translated from it's Latin):

"Day of wrath and doom impending,

David’s word with Sibyl’s blending,

Heaven and earth in ashes ending!

Oh, what fear man's bosom rendeth,

When from heaven the Judge descendeth,

On whose sentence all dependeth.

Wondrous sound the trumpet flingeth;

Through earth's sepulchres it ringeth;

All before the throne it bringeth.

Death is struck, and nature quaking,

All creation is awaking,

To its Judge an answer making."

Tell me that doesn't say "Battle Sisters" to you ;)

The translation for Oh Fortuna isn't as much death and destruction:

"O Fortune,

just like the moon

thou art variable,

always dost thou

wax and wane.

Detestable life,

first dost thou mistreat us,

and then, whimsically,

thou heedest our desires.

As the sun melts the ice,

so dost thou dissolve

both poverty and power."

But Carl Orff makes it sound really cool.

Edit 2: added you tube links

Never really found anything that really suits mine. About the only thing that ever comes to mind when I think on this is the Sisters of Battle theme from Soulstorm. Really though all we need to do is take the Fede Imperialis and set it to music with an all-female choir and that would pretty much do it for all of us.

How about something totally different?

Ave Maria?

Imagine a sister chorus with crystal clear voices singing it, while they being violent vengeance upon the unbelievers. And add slow motion!!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/Azatoth/Render/Aquila77_WH40K_Bloody_Rose.jpg

Different wise (if we're gonna go with the Anime vibe), I also like

from Noir, and
also from Noir ;)

The

version is also really good, though a little more instrumental than vocal :) Definitely some awesome vocal arrangement going on though after about a minute 15 seconds.

Haha. Credens is also from the same artist as those Noir tracks (Yuki Kajiura - she rocks!)

On a less Kajiuran note, how about

? Got a nice orchestral rhythm to it.

Oh, and I think the rest of Mozart's Requiem fits them too, not just Dies Irae (not to be confused with Deus Irae, as I often do).

is also a good fit, although more for off the battlefield, I feel.

Once I get the Hello Kitty plastic Sisters I will be playing the most annoying kawaii J-pop I can find :lol:

Well then start to set money to the side, plastic sisters will come soon. As in GW soon.

GW soon... so... "imminently" by geological standards, and "later" by meteorological standards? Somewhere in that time frame (IE: Some time more than 24 hours in the future and less than 1000 years in the future)?

Once I get the Hello Kitty plastic Sisters I will be playing the most annoying kawaii J-pop I can find :P

Oh god, no!

I haven't got any music in mind for my DIY Order, but if it was ever possible to have a song commissioned, I'd have Yoko Kanno and Origa (song writer and singer respectively, who did the music for GITS:SAC...) write and sing one. I love their stuff.

It's not a coincidence that one of my Characters is named "Motoko" after all ;)

GW soon... so... "imminently" by geological standards, and "later" by meteorological standards? Somewhere in that time frame (IE: Some time more than 24 hours in the future and less than 1000 years in the future)?

Miko-san I still have something in the back of my brain about a Christmas release. :P

Once I get the Hello Kitty plastic Sisters I will be playing the most annoying kawaii J-pop I can find :)

For that I will keep my flamer warm and ready. I was always told the most dangerous of heresy is the one that comes from within.

For the sisters OST my favourite was always Enya - Pax Deorum

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hm... don't know many non-Kajiuran songs...
So here goes:

, maybe other stuff by Globus.
And a male choir instead of a women's choir:
, don't know who sings it.

As for Kajiuran stuff (YMMV):
, this time the version from Fiction (Album). Two minutes longer with a new stanza added.
, from Madlax.
Saints, also from Madlax.
Mezame, from My-Hime.
, from Pandora Hearts.

For me, its not a song so much as a band/album. I really channel Nightwish, especially the Dark Passion Play and Once albums. i suppose i think a lot about Nemo when i'm setting up, but really it all works for me.

This is the best thread ever.

Dies Irae from Mozart's Requiem, and Oh Fortuna from Carmina Burana. No particular reason, but very Sisterhood for me smile.gif

These kinds of songs don't only represent the Sisterhood well, but the Ecclesiarchy and even the Imperium governing structures as a whole. Gothic, old, and very high stress. Especially O Fortuna. (I love that song.)

From O Fortuna:

Fate – monstrous
and empty,
you whirling wheel,
you are malevolent,
well-being is vain
and always fades to nothing

Archived