Old school terminator

Gunrunr

This is an old school terminator that I just put new life into. I painted him back in 2001 and he was in need of a facelift. I needed a second Cylcone ML terminator so I added the ML to this guy's back. I also had to cut off his left arm at the elbow so that I could change out the sword he had for his new powerfist. I then went and redid lots of the details on him that I didn't do long ago.

gallery_62863_6991_5471.jpg

I agree, he is quite imposing. I look forward to seeing him tonight.

Cheers,

Brother Honda,

Me and my Templars look forward to meeting you. At the moment they are in the back of my car defending your holy custom dice from heretics and xenos scum.

Brother Richard,

What is that? Is that an even older terminator than what I have?

Thanks, working with those lenses took some practice. I used 3 colors and a little white dot. First scarab red, then scarab red/yellow, and finished with pure yellow.

Gunrunr, your Termie dates from the 2nd edition of Space Hulk in 1996, so he's old, but not that old. They also came out as a boxed squad in 2nd ed 40K around the same time. There were several incarnations of metal Termies before that and Brother Richard's is the oldest of those. If you look in my gallery you will see examples of 1st edition Space Hulk termies from 1989.

Your termie is very nice though. I approve of recycling old models, I don't see why they should gather dust on a shelf and not be played with.

I got to see him live and he's even sweeter in person than in the pic.

BTW, Gunrunr, enjoyed chatting with you and look forward to our Templars joining together and ridding the store of all the xenos and heretic scum.

Cheers,

@ Marshal Severarse........your comment has me laughing my a** off so hard right now that my coworkers keep asking me what's so damn funny.

@ Honda.......It was an honor to meet you as well. After you left, my shooty termies (aided by my new model) shot a whole BA assault squad out of the air before they could say "Holy Terra...what tha hell just happened?"

@ Brother Vader......I do think I picked these guys up in a boxed starter set in the early '90s. I'll be sure to check out your gallery.

Archived