New Templar Force

Hello all. First, I would like to say that I began collecting, painting, and modeling a BT force some time this past winter. I have used these forums as a guest since making the deciscion to join the eternal crusade. I would like to thank everyone who posts for giving me plenty of great modeling ideas and inspiration. I would also like to take the opportunity to show off my first attempt at painting a dreadnaught for my forces. I hope you enjoy the pictures.

Front View

gallery_67568_7471_280993.jpg

Side View

gallery_67568_7471_1339.jpg

Looking good brother :)

If you could add some more lighting where you do your photography, we would better be able to provide constructive feedback on your hard work.

-T14

If you could add some more lighting where you do your photography, we would better be able to provide constructive feedback on your hard work.

-T14

Excellent suggestion! I thought the pictures might be too dark, but they were taken before I drank my coffee...hah. I think these will show the details a bit better. I am quite new at this.

Crixus, Bane of Heretics!

gallery_67568_7471_147060.jpg

gallery_67568_7471_111975.jpg

Lascannon detail

gallery_67568_7471_124060.jpg

Missle Arm

gallery_67568_7471_269965.jpg

I am thinking about adding a bit more detail-- essentially small brown and yellow dots-- to the hourglass on the lascannon. In terms of fluff, I meant for my crusade badge to include an hourglass with both sides full of sand to represent the timeless nature of the Black Templar's pursuit of the emperor's enemies.

I really like the weathered/battered look to him. Nicely done.

The hourglass symbol is a great one and as you've probably figured out from monitoring posts, we like nice crusade badges. So do continue with that theme.

Finally, when I first saw the image of the improved pics, for some reason, whatever it's sitting on looked like a throw rug or something and my first thought was "Krikey, how BIG is that thing?"

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your crusade.

Cheers,

<who secretly wishes to see a full scale dread some day>

Thank you for the encouragement guys. The lens design was an accident (I don't normally have the constitution to allow my layers to dry fully) but I was very happy with how it turned out, so I tried to mimick it on the other lenses.

I've recently converted a veteran vanguard squad to black templar assault marines, so hopefully I can post pictures of those soon. I was very disappointed with the condition of the finecast jump-packs, but it led to a lot of shaving and adding chains/skulls/scrolls/crusade badges.

Finally, when I first saw the image of the improved pics, for some reason, whatever it's sitting on looked like a throw rug or something and my first thought was "Krikey, how BIG is that thing?"

<who secretly wishes to see a full scale dread some day>

Lol. I would love to have the resources to build and paint a full scale dread. A life-size dreadnaught would make the garden gnomes in the neighborhood flee in terror.

My guess is from 8 to 9 cm tall.

~K

Archived