DIY Chapter Special Character

Exark

Well this is my first attempt at a special character for my DIY Chapter, the Steel Archons (see sig for IA WIP if you want background)

Strategos Basil Argyros – 220 Points

WS/BS/S/T/W/I/A/LD/SV

6/5/4/4/3/5/4/10/2+

Wargear:

The Argyre Talon

Thundersmite

Artificer Armor

Iron Halo

Bolt Pistol

Frag and Krak Grenades

Special Rules:

And They Shall Know No Fear

Independent Character

Counter Attack

Tide of Battle

Chapter Tactics

Duelist

Chapter Tactics: The Steel Archons are known for their fluid approach to combat. To this end, each marine trains to be equally proficient in combat and marksmanship. The result of this has led the marines of the Steel Archons to become more effective in combat that Codex Adherent chapters.

If Strategos Argyros is included in an army, all units with the Combat Tactics rule exchange it for the Counter Attack Universal Special Rule. Furthermore, all Tactical Marines are treated as having a second close combat weapon and full strength tactical squads may take a second special weapon at the same cost listed for the first. This replaces the squad’s heavy weapon.

Tide of Battle: While young, Strategos Argyros is well versed in the tactics of the Steel Archons, being an equal to even the most senior of the Strategoi.

If the army containing Strategos Argyros deploys first, the owning player may redeploy d3 units before the game’s first turn. Furthermore, due to the chapter’s fluid nature, Thunderfire Cannons, Devastator Squads, Terminator (both Tactical and Assault) Squads and Land Raiders may not be taken as these particular formations/vehicles are seen as too inflexible.

Duelist: Basil Argyros comes from a long line of skilled duelists. For him to refuse a challenge is to dishonor this heritage. To represent this, if possible, Argyros must always issue a challenge and may never fail to answer one. Furthermore, if Argyros is in a unit with more than one character, he must always be the models to accept it as his code of honor demands no less. However, so great is his skill that he may re-roll all failed rolls to hit against his target.

Wargear Special Rules:

The Argyre Talon: A relic of the Great Schism, the Argyre Talon is a finely wrought Lightning Claw that is an heirloom of the Strategoi of the 7th Company that was first wielded and named by Basil’s ancestor Strategos Theodosius Argyros. The Argyre Talon counts as a master-crafted lightning claw.

Thundersmite: A finely wrought Thunderhammer, Thundersmite was gifted to Basil Argyros by a Captain of the Heaven’s Dragon’s (working name for a second IA I'm planning) Chapter for aid given to the Chapter’s 3rd Company in the Siege of Levant Primaris. Counts as a Master-crafted Thunderhammer.

In the fluff for the Steel Archons, his company, the 7th, specializes in Armored Warfare. Now I've got a few ideas as to how to put that in (ranging from giving outflank to a few vehicles, to giving all of his tanks a 5+) but I'd like to get some input on that (read as: whats balanced).

Thoughts? C&C Welcome

Archived