Land Speeder Typhoon 70pts

Grey Knights Force

Librarian, Nemesis Warding Stave

Strike Squad 1 x5 with psycannon

Strike Squad2 x5 with psycannon

Terminator Squad x5 2 with halbert

Venerable Dreadnought: Assault Cannon, Heavy Flamer, DCCW

Turn 1

Grey Knights go first. Dread and both squads move forward. Everyone runs. Strike Squad 1 secures an objective.

Templar turn one both rhinos move forward. Dread and squad move into cover. Speeder moves forward and take 2 shots. 1 hits and but fails to wound.

Turn 2

Grey knight move forward again. Dread targets speeder and manages to knock it out of the sky. Strike Squad 1 targets rhino and blows it up. Squad inside suffers 8 wounds and fails 4. Bad day for the Templars.

Templar turn 2 has crusader squad 1 moving forward behind a hill. Squad 2 leaves their transport and moves into a crater. The rhino moves around to provide cover. Dread moves through forest and Squad 3 stay put. Squad 3 fires on enemy dread to no effect. BT Dread fires on Strike squad 2 and causes one casualty.

Turn 3

Grey Knights move forward again. Terminator Squad deep strikes next to squad 1. Termis shoot squad one and cause 1 more casualty. Enemy dread shoots my dread to no effect.

Squad 1 moves to get as better shot at the Grey Knight Termis. Squad 2 moves farther into the crater for cover. Dread moves forward to get a clear shot. Squad 3 hangs in its current position. Shooting phase and squad 1 manages to kill a Termi. Dread fires into Strike Squad 2 and kills 1. Squad 2 shoots at enemy dread to no effect. Squad 1 then assaults and the Emperors Champion is challenged. He faces off against the Librarian. Combat goes and neither side can score a hit. Termis attack the squad and the powerfist marine dies. . 1 Termi dies to the Master of Sanctity.

Turn 4

Grey Knights fire at squad 2 but do nothing. Enemey dread moves forward and shoots at my dread and does nothing. Rhino 2 goes boom due to the Strike Squad 2. Combat phase rolls around and it is a draw. No one does any wounds.

Turn 4 saw Templars shooting again. Dread take 1 hit and Strike squad 2 takes 1 as well. They fail their moral check and fall back. Assault continues with neither side doing any damage. Combat continues with 1 marine dying. All that’s left is the Emperors Champion and Master of Sanctity.

Turn 5

Grey Knight Dread moves forward. Shoots and does nothing against my dread. Strike Squad 2 blows up Rhino 2 and moves forward. Strike squad 1 is on the objective in their zone. Drad on dread action pops up but the Grey Knight dread manages to kill the Templar Dread and consolidates toward the Termis.oot at the enemy Dread and manage to remove another hull point.

Squads 2 and 3 shoot at the dread. 1 more hull point removed. Squad 1 continues combat with another draw.

Turn 6

Grey Knights have 1 man left in squad 2 and he moves toward an objective but falls short. Squad 2 is on the objective. Combat goes again and the Termi Squad loses one and the Librarian loses a wound the Champ.

Templars do what they do and blow up the enemy dread. Squad 2 and 3 targets Grey Knight Squad 1 but miss. Master of Sanctity kills another Termi and the Emperors Champion kills the Librarian.

Turn 6 is end of game. At the end my opponent had 2 victory points for first blood and 1 objective. I had 3 victory points for 2 objectives and killing the enemy warlord. It was a great game and a good intro to 6th edition.

Key points to remember:

Hull points suck. They cause everything to die faster than ever.

Termis kick butt. That 2+ save was a pain.

AAC is not good against Grey Knights. Abhor would have been better.

MoS needs a powerfist. Combat would have been done sooner.

All in all a great game and I can’t wait for more.

Keep in mind this is my first 6th edition game. It was a good learning experience and my force already has plans in the works to adapt.

AAC is not good against Grey Knights. Abhor would have been better.

I think we'll find that Abhor is going to be better against just about everyone these days. The +2 to charge is nice, but the psychic defense is just well worth the loss. Especially the free move.

And invest in Chaplains.

Archived