Land Raider Variants

Pbenner

...I have a LRTU and I find it very usefull in apoc game....One time with some luck it has even weakened enough a FW Reaver Titan to give my Deathwing Hammernators the possibility to bring it down. I do vote for it... :P

Here it is:

med_gallery_33535_5835_102299.jpg

some really nice models here, the Nocturne pattern looks great.

I know this is daft but part of me wants to build a ridiculous LR with 4 sets of triple godhammers and the 2 pred turrets :D .

You're right that is ridiculous - ridiculously anti armour <_<.

Cheers

I

some really nice models here, the Nocturne pattern looks great.

I know this is daft but part of me wants to build a ridiculous LR with 4 sets of triple godhammers and the 2 pred turrets :D .

You're right that is ridiculous - ridiculously anti armour <_<.

Cheers

I

Anything to help splatter paladins...

Paul

Very interesting to me. My meta/play area doesn't really allow any other variant Land Raider besides the Land Raider, Crusader, and Redeemer. This also extends to all the other variant vehicles as presented by Forge World. Of course, we play Apoc, and anything goes in those games.

Do a lot of people play with variant vehicles? I don't think I've ever been to a tournament (local and down in the lower 48) that permitted them.

As a player from 2ed, the Land Raider Proteus brings back a lot of memories and I'd love to play with one someday!

Tamwulf, you and your freinds are missing out on an incredible time by limiting yourself to only half of the products that Games Workshop produces for this game. Thi is just one woman's opinion, granted, but I find using Forge World units and lists opens up so many aspects of the game, from the hobby side to the tactical. It's not all Titants and Baneblades, the vast majority of Forge World's new units are simply existing tanks with new guns. Everything presented in the Imperial Armour books -- excepting Titans and Super-Heavies -- are fully compatible with, designed for, and legal in games of Warhammer 40,000. Says so right on the damn book.

I concur with Ajax, None of the Forgeworld Stuff that was designed with 40K in mind is imbalanced or over powered. A lot of it is quite cool and it fills in niches that are otherwise missed out on. The Malanthrope comes to mind for Tyranids. The Deathstrike Drop Pods are another tactically sound conceptual piece.

Dreadnought Drop Pods as assault vehicles are wonderful. I need to pick up three of them. The Chaplain Dreadnoughts are also really cool, and a lot of fun. I believe that they are Characters, and as such can keep an enemy Fist out of line (or splatter it) before it gets the chance to swing, and then tarpit a horde of 30 boys that can't do crap against it.

Paul

Unless the Boyz are clever enough to be hanging with a Nob and a Warboss... or the lads are armed with anti-tank grenades... or... and, that brings me to my primary point about Forge World units and lists: they are nothing to be afraid of. They will change the game in little ways, if your enemy has one it will give you new a "problem" that you need to adapt and find an "answer" to. But, isn't that why we play the game anyway?

Archived