Blazing Sons (Again)

That is..... actually a good question.

Which you have not really answered. :D

Charismatic individuals are so passe. :P And even then, that's not really my point - why would they disagree with the Iron Hands about destroying these people? The Iron Hands despise weakness, and have taught your boys - what did your guys seize on or come to believe that resulted in this differing outcome?

I think the very same trait, despising weakness, might be the answer. The difference would be what was perceived as a weakness. Assume the Blazing Suns despise weakness to the same extent as the Iron Hands, only they do not view stepping in to help as a weakness; the weakness, in their eyes, would be cowardly avoiding the fight.

Just an idea B)

• 3 weeks later...
So, two questions: what do you most want to accomplish with this IA? And ignore the home world for a while - what's the chapter like?

I keep coming back to this question.

What is the chapter like? They are dour, determined and uncompromising. These things are brought on by the twin influences of their Iron Hands origins and the people and circumstances surrounding their homeworld.

What do I want to accomplish? To have a finished, even if not Librarium accepted IA, though I admit that is always the end-goal. Otherwise, just doing it for the hell of it and enjoying working on the background. I think I always tend to get weary when it gets to the editing and core refining of things sentence by sentence. I enjoy doing it to other people's work but I get very tired of doing it to my own work which is, obviously, counter intuitive to actually completing anything.

Have I answered your question that I've taken FOREVER to get back to? By my own reckoning I have, if to you I haven't then, well, bugger it.

I love my Blazing Sons and I eventually, however long it takes me, want to get an IA for them into a reasonable state.

Checkmate, game - set and yahtzee.

Oh and the sunburst being eight pointed? I have literally never noticed that and, I feel like just hand waving my way past it and not worrying about it for now, I don't have the programs on this computer to edit that image anymore.

Just to point this out, I'm just moving house AGAIN, and I have had two successive computers blow up since my last move, so I'm finding my old work on the Blazing Sons increasingly hard to come by and I get a little more confused with every new iteration.

I am just full of fantastic excuses, if I'm totally honest, to avoid actually doing some serious work.

Ah well.

Those inquisitors sure are hard to shake off, aren't they?

Oh well, as a stepping stone towards getting the IA done, let me hurl a different question at you, 'cause it's one I can't pick up an answer for from the current outline.

Do they play nice with others, and if so, which others do they play nice with? :P

...Don't forget the 'why', either. That's the unwritten question. :lol:

And they say facing your daemons is hard!

Oh well, as a stepping stone towards getting the IA done, let me hurl a different question at you, 'cause it's one I can't pick up an answer for from the current outline.

Do they play nice with others, and if so, which others do they play nice with?

I think that given how they operate they would be more than willing to work with just about anyone. They settle their disputes in person. If one officer slags them off then they take it personally and deal with it personally, but the war goes on and they don't just abandon a warzone or battle because of petty differences.

That said, if they are betrayed or left to die and so on and so forth, I'd expect the 'personal' sphere of responsibility for such an act would probably widen, with fatal results.

They don't have time for grudges, there is an intergalactic war to be won goddamnit.

If anything they would be more likely persue and confront a chapter or taskforce that had up and left a warzone for no good reason, demanding atonement.

And they say facing your daemons is hard!

Yeah, I'm yet to find a sigil or rune that actually banishes Inquisitors instead of making them just laugh at me. :lol:

I think that given how they operate they would be more than willing to work with just about anyone. They settle their disputes in person. If one officer slags them off then they take it personally and deal with it personally, but the war goes on and they don't just abandon a warzone or battle because of petty differences.

That said, if they are betrayed or left to die and so on and so forth, I'd expect the 'personal' sphere of responsibility for such an act would probably widen, with fatal results.

They don't have time for grudges, there is an intergalactic war to be won goddamnit.

If anything they would be more likely persue and confront a chapter or taskforce that had up and left a warzone for no good reason, demanding atonement.

So, to expand (just making sure) what's their views on the AdMech, the Ecclesiarchy, and the Inquisition (or even fragments thereof)?

And perhaps as importantly, what are their views on the Blazing Sons?

Lastly, if you're looking to change the name of your homeworld so it's not the name of a games company, you could just change the spelling, for example to Viraxas or Verakses or something like that. I know it's a random idea adressing a point raised two months ago, but that's what you get when I post after midnight. :lol:

Yeah, I'm yet to find a sigil or rune that actually banishes Inquisitors instead of making them just laugh at me. :P

I must stop taking a drink before reading your posts, lest I continue to almost spray my new laptop with whatever I am imbibing. ;)

...Verakses ...
\

I actually quite like that. Two thumbs up Ace!

So, to expand (just making sure) what's their views on the AdMech, the Ecclesiarchy, and the Inquisition (or even fragments thereof)?

Well, I think so long as they are useful and provide a necessary service for the Imperium the Blazing Sons would be quite happy to work with any of these organizations.

What do they think of them? They dislike the Ecclesiarchy, I think due in part to the nature of the beast and how it, or a homegrown microcosm of it on their homeworld suppressed the people for personal gain. I think it comes down to whether the organization, or the individual, serves the Imperium or whether they serve themselves. At the risk of sounding like a certain blue skinned xenos, everything is sacrificed for the greater good of the Imperium.

Whether they like it or not, or whether they forget the slights and betrayals against them is another thing entirely, and how they deal with it is again, seperate to what they consider to be their duty to the Imperium. More importantly, to His legacy, His Imperium.

And perhaps as importantly, what are their views on the Blazing Sons?

I think the Ecclesiarchy would find the Blazing Sons dangerous because of their beliefs (their homeworlds offshoot of the Imperial Cult), but wouldn't be able to do a terrible amount about it given they dislike the Astartes views of the Emperor in general. Practical support for the Sons would be spotty at best.

I think the AdMech are driven as much by machine-logic as anything else and would see the Sons as a benefit. I'm guessing they wouldn't be as supportive as they are to the Iron Hands because of the schizm between the two chapters, but would not hang them out to dry either.

The Inquisition? Well they'd probably be watching them relatively closely, moreso than your average chapter I'd say because of their divergent beliefs and expansive and extensive commitments to multiple and varied warzones and resulting constant recruitment. Considering the Sons extra special hatred of chaos, they would probably 'contract' them, when available, considering they are more likely to agree to help.

I must stop taking a drink before reading your posts, lest I continue to almost spray my new laptop with whatever I am imbibing. :)

Funnily enough the last inquisitor did that too, then got mad at me for 'breaking' his laptop. :)

...Verakses ...
\

I actually quite like that. Two thumbs up Ace!

If I were to borrow a phrase from the everyday language of the street, I could boast of having the 'mad skills', and be guaranteed of always being at least half right. :P

I'm a bit puzzled as to what the Firixian/Veraksian people believe that markes their beliefs out as different - is it that they don't acknowledge the Emperor as divine?

I'm a bit puzzled as to what the Firixian/Veraksian people believe that markes their beliefs out as different - is it that they don't acknowledge the Emperor as divine?

Originally it's the fact that they totally dispense with the typical church's fear mongering. They are an offshoot of the original Lectitio Divinatus that snowballed at the end of the Great Crusade. Originally the Divinatus was a lot more forgiving and 'of the people' than the modern Imperial Cult in the wake of the Emperors internment in the golden throne.

The people of the homeworld had essentially stuck with the original creed, though with a priesthood evolving around it and taking power for themselves.

I think for the people of the homeworld I'd describe their beliefs as the belief in the Emperor as a man and a god together, and that belief and protection is given to everyone, without a religious middleman having to postulate his interpretation of the text.

It is more of a communal religion than a seperate organisation.

I think that's the best way to describe it.

Maybe.

Archived