Titans

Hey I know I am a new member but i am generally familiarized with some of the lore of 40k. I was going through the titans articles and found the imperator-class. So i decided on asking for your help for what the average points for a titan class like this is and how tall should the model be. Since the warlord class is 2ft all is was thinking maybe 3-4ft for a imperator. Also if you have general experince with making Titans out of scratch it would be helpful to give some tips due to how expensive forgeworld is.

" For the Emperor, For humanity Death to heretics."

Proper scaling is 8" Knight, 12" Warhound, 16" Reaver, 24" Warlord, 36" Emperor. However, most people build their Warlords and Emperors twice as big, for the"epic" feel of the model. The scaling I just listed is based on Titan height in meters per written sources, converted to the 30mm (Heroic 28mm) scale we currently use in 40k.

SJ

The link to the PDF with the rules for the Emperor Titan is here, on the GW website (scroll down a bit for the Emperor datasheet).

Also, for tips on scratch-building a Titan, there are several threads buried within the Adeptus Mechanicus sub-forum here on the B&C that deal with that topic. A word of advice, though - you will probably want some experience with scratch-building at a smaller scale before attempting to tackle a Titan.

To be honest Titan size is tricky... as you get different sizes have been given and artwork of titans may have taken some license.

If you are using forgeworld scale then around 36 inches is about right. The main body of the titan should be a bit larger than a Warlord with the fortress on top then adding more height.

However I feel that the scale of the Forgeworld titans is wrong and that a more impressive 6/7ft Emperor is better. That being said a smaller one is far more practical.

• 1 month later...

Archived