A New Vulcan He'stan Conversion. The plan is to do all the captains from the codex and then add in some other characterful captains i want to do all ten captains

But without further ado Captain Vulthrax 9th Company

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q535/jasonfgc/SDC15022_zpsb34df000.jpg

and a look at his cape and back 

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q535/jasonfgc/SDC15023_zps2d1dc8d3.jpg

C&C welcomed and ideas to make hime seem more captain like would be appreciated i fee he is lacking something!

You've done some awesome work here man and done one of my fave chapters proud.

If your looking for more gothic designed axes instead of chain axes the beast man gor box has some fantastic looking executioner styled axes. Just need some green stuff filler on the chaos emblems and such.

thanks again for kind words

@theenperorisscottish: I had no idea there were so many Executioners players around!

@AJB2K3: Thanks very much, the ghost in the shell reference was entirely a coincidence whistlingW.gif

Another question........ I really need some decals doing for the executioners....... I have no way of printing them out myself but if anyone can point me in the right direction would be handy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Better Late than never the 1st stages of the Caestus....... ive made a bit more progress on my landraider however my camera decided it doesnt like batteries anymore?! There is a little more depth than the pictures show though i am hoping to add more through a series of oil washes as i am pretty new to those techniques.

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q535/jasonfgc/SDC15028_zps93511252.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q535/jasonfgc/SDC15030_zpsc221f859.jpg

I am currently trying to make a Ride for Thulsa Kane Himeself I am planning on doing this black with a bone stripe

heres the WIP

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q535/jasonfgc/SDC15031_zpsab796239.jpg

Hope you like and please leav soe comments and criticisms in anyway shape or form i would really appreciate it!

@ Biohazard: Thanks Very Much, I appreciate it coming from some one with such brilliant threads themselves! The Cape was actually 1 of the curtains out of the Vampire counts Mortis Engine I also got my Kantor counts as cape from the same kit as it was one of the dresses from one of the ladies in it. plas it comes with tonnes and tonnes of life like skulls!

• 4 weeks later...

Dude.  Your stuff is amazing.  Makes my painting look quite lame. (more practice required etc)

What did you use for the gold on the Cpatain etc?  The combo's if tried are coming out a bit "flat"

~Hey guys, alot been going on in real life soooooo haven't really had chance to update.

@beard monk: The gold is just layering so i base with a mix of balthear gold and vellejo black brown then gradually mix in vallejo brass was with a black brown wash and layer again with pure brass then mix in a bit of silver to do some highlights.
the gw alternative would be balthear gold or the new replacement with tin bits (always mix your base with a block colour scorched brown used to be awsome for this as it gives the metallics a smoother and better coveridge. just my opinion) then use shining gold as you layer colour.

@ Midnight runner: ye dude thats exactly the model almost finished him. might bring the new toys to club soon, alot has been going on so havent really made much headway with this thread bit naff really!

C&C on anything is always welcome.

• 5 weeks later...

So with the campaign that has been going on with our club and me having a lot going on in real life, I  haven't really had chance to update on this

this is my count as Iron clad  haven't  done much else really done a conversion for Khârn for my brother. I think I am going to post all the Chaos stuff I have done somewhere else in a thread for all the other bits and pieces that i do.

However without further ado...................

Venerated Death Speaker Ferritus

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q535/jasonfgc/27fa5cef-30a1-4ab5-be2f-af0d4b888cde_zps52086c74.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q535/jasonfgc/3a7ea999-32fd-4ea1-8a9e-088b9651892e_zps9fa46192.jpg

Once again C&C welcome

Oh and a bit of fluff for the campaign. 

Awoken from the the stasis in the medicae, the loss of Argus, High Exucutioner of the fourth company, was dawning upon Ermack. The Tyranid Menace had wracked the minds of the company command taking them into the unrelenting shadows of the warp, taking his Captain and 4 other axemen. These were losses the chapter could ill afford to take for the Executioners own Crusade of Penitence had taken its tole on their number. Ermack paced to the dueling halls of the Obtusa Securis, Iron Clad step after Iron Clad Step rang through corridors with only the humming of servitors to keep them company. The Corridors were clad in all manner of trophies from the crusade and murals of the not to be forgotten heroes who have given their lives so that their brothers may one day redeem them. Ermack had been informed by Brother Apothecary Thesta that Ermack's brother chaplains were calling for a
change of leadership. It was a Deathspeakers place to instill order within their companies.
As he entered the hall through the guilded doors he could see the two chaplains, Vultarn and Serritus, battling for leadership.
Seething with rage he steppedinto the dueling circle his Mace like crozius in hand and parted his brothers with a single strike cracking the marbled floor.
"you dare insult me like this brothers!" Ermack brinked on the beserk.
"Thesta advised there was no hope my lord, you know this is our way" Vultarn replied crouching to one knee
"Our way is to to take the heads of our Enemies wherever the may lye. We have lost one of the greates warriors of our chapter and you two battle for a position I yet to leave. If either of you wishes to take the title of Mortigue from me then Prie it through my dead hands"
Vultarn prostrated himself more where as Serritus stood firm looking at Ermack through stern eyes.
"So you wish to try, serritus so be it!"
Serritus bowed his head
"so be it."
Ermack and Serritus took position. the crozius' had been left to the side of the hall replaced with the centuries old dueling axes. These axes had never tasted the flesh of the alien, heretic or mutant only that of the brothers of the executioners and their hunger had grown since the last time they fed for it had been almost 50 years since the last duel on the Obtusa Securis.
Ermack stood Firm trying to slow his furiously beating heart. his anger was tearing at him his head was down and his and his body open. Where as Serritus was ready
holding his axe in both hand and as Vultarn rang the gong, Serritus moved forward Ermack stilled himself hearing each shuffle of feet against the marble floor,
calmed himself watching just below his brow. Serritus mad a strike down, Ermack moved to the left bringing the head of the oxe from the floor and in one swift arcing
motion brought the bite of the the dueling axe to the back of Serritus' neck and slammed the axe into his spine one again.
Leaving the axe where it was Ermack turned to Vultarn
"His loss will be felt sorely. His arrogance was his undoing."
"Yes, my lord. The Chapter is sending reinforcements and Kane Himself is going to be with them"
" Good, As I have heard word from the Raven Guard that they, the Flesh Eaters and the Imperial Regiments Accompanying them are preparing for the next phase. If they want to
see redemption we will show them."
Ermack took himself to the thrown at end of the dueling hall, picking up serittus' head on the way and sat upon it and watched as the serfs removed the body of serritus.
" You shall have your Vengeance."

Want to give a Shout out to Midnight Runner and Adam R for giving me the Inspiration to attempt this.

That is certainly a bad-ass Chappy/Ironclad if I ever saw one. One of my favourite FW models and you have certainly done it justice. The gold came out really well especially, as did the skulls. Also, lovin' the fluff man, and cheers for the shout out! What Cretheus isn't telling you is that Ermack is the angriest Chaplain in the galaxy, obtaining most of the angry USR's from the rule book from said campaign.

• 5 months later...
Thanks for the revival guys! Funnily enough i have just been doing a little bit of work of these boys so will be getting some pictures up soon! on a side note what chapter tactics are the other Executioner players using?! (I'm thinking BT probably suits us better.....)

Thanks for the revival guys! Funnily enough i have just been doing a little bit of work of these boys so will be getting some pictures up soon! on a side note what chapter tactics are the other Executioner players using?! (I'm thinking BT probably suits us better.....)

Well honestly, I don't play, or at least not for the past 10 years, I just like to build some characters, and i have to admit Executioners have a great personnality, that's why I choose them !

But, if I had to choose, Space wolves or Black Templars I think.

I've also been working on some of them, notably a missing primarch found by the second company of the executioner during their campaign against the Necron, so LOTS OF EXECUTIONERS FROM BOTH OF US SOON !! hahaha

Archived