Emperor's Champion: Suffer Not

8 Crusader Knights: CC, Power Fist, Flamer

8 Crusader Knights: CC, PowerSword, Flamer

8 Crusader Archers: bolters, Heavy Bolter, PlasmaGun

7 Crusader Archers: bolters, Multimelta, PlasmaGun

Land Raider Crusader.

Allied Crimson Fists:

Pedro Kantor

10 Tactical Marines: Plasma Cannon, Melta, (Sgt had just a bolter)

10 Sternguards: CombiMelta, CombiPlasma, (Sgt had Powerfist)

Land Raider Redeemer.

The Green Menace: (I don't remember all of the gear, but this is what I remember)

2 Warbosses with Power Klaws

1 Big Mek

20 Ork Shoota Boyz with Big Shoota, Nob with Power Klaw

20 Ork Shoota Boyz with Big Shoota, Nob with Power Klaw

20 Ork Slugga Boyz, Nob with Power Klaw

3 Deffcoptas

3 Deffcoptas

3 Killa Kans, Grotzookas

Looted Wagon w/ Boomgun

The "Death Star":

10 Nobs, 8 big choppas, 1 Power Klaw, Painboy, Waaagh Banner, Eavy Armour, Cyborg Bodies... In a trukk.

I've been informed that the Nob squad totalled close to 500 points... Oh my...

Gametype: The Relic

Deployment: ... That weird Diagonal one... lol

Sons of Dorn got the first turn, and the Orks failed to steal initiative.

The Board: The table was a 54" square. (Best we could do). I'll post a pic of it when I get home from work.

Turn One: Templars: Advance with both Land raiders towards the relic in the center. Only 6" to be able to fire at the Deffcoptas and KillaKans that started opposite. Plasma cannon in the Crimson Fist squad scores a good 8 kills on a Shoota squad. Land Raiders chew up 2 of the Killa Kans with their roof MultiMeltas and Assault Cannons.

Turn One: Orks: The sheer volume of bullets kills the Emperor's Champion and the Powersword squad, who'd been hiding in between the Land Raiders :). The Deffcoptas score an outstanding 1 glance on the LRC with their Rockets! Finally the Nobs in their trukk make their horrifying appearance and the Big Mek is with them, they Assault and kill the Crimson Fist tac squad with ease. This isn't looking good :S

Turn Two: Templars: The plan is simple. Get the Relic, make a daring escape. I only have to last one turn in the middle of the field. Using the Land Raiders, I make a small V-shaped barrier blocking the Orks from the Relic. The PowerFist squad with the Master of Sanctity disembark from the Crusader.. and here's where I got creative... keeping Unit coherency, I put 2 Knights out front of the Land Raiders, while the rest sat in the V-shaped sanctuary of the Land Raider wall. The Knight with the PowerFist grabs the Relic in the name of the Emperor! The biggest problem, however, was that Death Star that had gotten rather close to my forces... Too close. Kantor and his Sternguard to the rescue! They get out of the Redeemer and run interference, ensuring the Nobs couldn't get to the squad with the Relic without one hell of a fight! My 2 Archer squads and Kantor's Entourage riddle the Nobs with shots... Between their ridiculous saves and FnP, I killed maybe two, and wounded one other. Great :S. Shooting from the Land Raiders wipes 3 of the 6 DeffCoptas from exisitance. Not bad, since they're the best chance at stopping my soon-to-be-escaping Land Raiders, if that plan works out.

Turn Two: Orks: Those Nobs only want kill points. And by the Throne they can do that well. They set their sights on the closer of my two Archer Squads. Templar don't go down without a fight though! The silly Ork player put both the Klaw and the Banner up front and both got killed by Overwatch fire! Locked in combat with 4 of the initial 7 Battle Brothers after some amazing saving throws! Meanwhile, in the middle of the field, the closest shoota squad (with the Warlord Warboss attached, no less!) sets their sights on the squad with the Relic. They shoot and kill the brothers up front of the LR wall. I grin as I take the two casualties off the field, since my opponent had just then realized he cannot get into base contact with the rest of the squad, nor can he assault either of the Land Raiders with those Power Klaws to prevent escape! Muhahah! He tries, and generally fails, to surround the Redeemer.

the KillaKan (with one Hull point left) makes a mad dash around the backside of a small hill. What's he up to...?

Turn Three: Templars: The Relic is now secure aboard the Land Raider Crusader. the Redeemer readjusts a few inches and unleashes HELL!! For those of you not familiar with the Sponsons of a Redeemer... Str 6 AP3 Flamers... I. Freaking. Love. This. Thing. The Flamers alone eat about 12 Orks. The Assault Cannon and Multmelta score a few more. The Crusader with the Relic manoeuvres between the Redeemer and Kantor's Group and heads off to a more open side of the table. Kantor and his Squad of Awesomesauce... I mean Sternguard, WASTE the other 3 Deffcoptas with their interesting selection of Boltgun rounds. The Nobs finish off the heroic Templars that had fended them off. Scoring maybe a wound. This group is Frightening!

Turn Three: Orks: The Warboss and his remaining 4 or 5 Orks try and Klaw the Redeemer to death. Yet, 1 Glance is all they get! Looks like another round of pain for the Warboss next turn. The other Warboss and 20 Sluggas move in to try and get to the Crusader as fast as possible. Thank goodness the mysterious forest they went through slowed them down. (The Forest itself was the one that protects from Grenades, or something to that effect). They also opted to give the Redeemer a wide berth... Considering what the Redeemer did to the other squad, I don't blame his decision. The Death Star moves on to the last Templar Squad. Overwatch proved futile. However the squad emulated the last, and survived a round of combat to delay the Nobs from their evil plans. The other 20 Shootas are close to Kantor now, yet a fantastic scatter from the Tank (Which hadn't hit ANYTHING this game) teamkilled a grand total of 8 Shootas.

Turn Four: Templars: The Land Raider Redeemer finishes off the squad of Ork shootas and the Warlord Warboss. Scoring 3 VP for the Emperor! The Nobs, for some reason, lost all momentum and just couldn't kill the Templars they were locked in combat with! Scoring maybe one kill. At this point not a whole lot is left on the table. Kantor and his Sternguard clean up the remaining Shootas that survived the teamkill, whilst the Crusader makes an even cleaner getaway with the relic.

Turn Four: Orks: The Lootas finally shine. They barrage Kantor and his Sternguard with such force that all but Chapter Master himself with one wound remaining, the Sarge, and one other remain! For some reason the Nobs STILL can't kill those Templar. with 2 brothers remaining, the Nobs are locked in combat for yet another turn! The Wagon shoots again and scores a glancing hit on the Redeemer, leaving it at 2 hull points.

Turn Five: Templars: The mighty Brothers holding the Nobs at bay finally fall to the massive brutes, but they bought the Crusader enough time to make its escape. Kantor and the Sterngaurd make it back inside the Redeemer, just before it unleashes another devastating wave of Fury. The 20 strong Slugga squad gets whittled to near nothing, but the ever dangerous Warboss with his PowerKlaw remained unscathed.

Turn Five: Orks: The Warboss and his Nob counterpart, both with PowerKlaws, finally have had enough of the Redeemer's shenanigans. They moved in to the front-left corner to deal their damage. The Wagon approached from its right, and the Nob Death Star approached from the rear and effectively pinned the massive Tank in place. The Warboss tore the Redeemer apart! Kantor and his 2 Brothers escaping from the front of the wreckage to avoid the Death Star and take their chances with the Wagon and the Warboss.

Turn Six: Templars: Kantor and his brothers throw themselves at the Wagon. The Sergeant and his Chapter Master both wielding mighty Power Fists, make short work of the wagon. The Crusader turns back around and fires a salvo at the remaining KillaKan, who had attempted to sit behind a hill and fire Grotzooka rounds at it for the several turns before. Unlike the unsuccessful nature of the KillaKan, the Crusader eliminates it with its Assault Cannon! Kantor's successful attack on the Wagon gave him the cover he needed from the ever looming Lootas.

Turn Six: Orks: By now, I had scored more Victory Points then he could catch up to. The Nobs couldn't get around the Redeemer and catch Kantor this turn, and he tried to chase the Crusader with the Warboss and his cronies.

Turn Seven never arrived.

Score:

Templars: 11

Orks: 6

Awesome battle report. I really like the new "Archers" terminology and shall adopt it as well. Very descriptive.

I always find Orks to be a challenge when played well, though I am sure that Dorn is smiling upon you.

Bravo!

Sounds like a fun match! Filthy xenos got what they had coming :sweat:

Hopefully I'll have a small playable army of my own by next Thursday, could try a small first match at the FLGS if someone there is willing to take me through the ropes (considering they play 6th Ed for which I don't have a rulebook yet). Chances are I won't get such a victory, though - but, AACNMTO :lol:

Awesome battle report. I really like the new "Archers" terminology and shall adopt it as well. Very descriptive.

I always find Orks to be a challenge when played well, though I am sure that Dorn is smiling upon you.

Bravo!

I find 'Archer' is just a suiting title, considering the Medieval nature of the fluff. Glad someone else likes it <_<

I love playing against Orks! My buddy always comes up with new and interesting combinations of units and gear. The one thing that never changes, though, how easily they fold to flamers and anything with an AP of 5 or 6!! :(

Archived