Phoinikeos Rhuax Captain IC

Deiros

Hi! I have recently thought about creating a Space Marine IC for my allies army, The Sons of Antaeus. The fluff with this guys is they are giants even amongst their peers (other SM) and they represent the strength of the earth and the power of the ocean, since they are named after a ancient mythical creature from Terra that was the offspring of a God of Oceans and the Earth. This is a Captain for these guys and tho they have the feel of the Death Guard in their resilience to withstand incredible punishment. Any advise on wargear, point cost or renaming stuff to make him balanced and point cost appropriate would be highly appreciated.

Strategos Phoinikeos "Behemoth" Rhuax

200pts.

Captain Statline with -1 Initiative and +1 Attack.

Special Rules

Gigas Fóvos: Chapter tactics that gives Fearless

Augmented Skeleton: +1 Attack.

Wargear

Armor of Miltiades: Artificer armor and Feel No Pain.

Bolt Pistol

Boltgun

Frag & Krak Grenades

Mantle of Gaia: Iron Halo

Myron's Current Heave: Power Maul, Two-handed, Smash. This weapon is a two-handed flail.

I will write down the fluff properly for the special wargear and Chapter Tactics, but I figure I would first set down what the wargear did rules wise and how it goes into play.

It's an ancient greek name of some of gigas and you got the spelling correctly.

Edit: Full name spelling Pho-een-ee-key-oss Roo-axe.

Strategos is a military rank equaling a Captain.

Stra-tee-gos

Fóvos = which means fearsome or fear.

Pho-bos

Fearless and +1 Attack seems like an odd choice for the Chapter tactics, since they're known mainly for being really tough. Such a heavily mutated chapter would be difficult to make a Chapter Tactics for, upgrades might be better? Pairing +1T or FnP with heavy penalties, starting with the -1I you've got going could also work. If they're supposed to be unusually large for Space Marines, maybe give them the Bulky USR, severely limiting their use of vehicles? That'd gel with the semi-limited vehicle access Cursed Foundings have.

Yeah I was basing some stuff out of the Chaos for prices but will probably leave him with the

Chapter

-1 Initiative +1 Toughness

Bulky and Fearless since I think Feel No Pain is a very strong rule for the chapter as a whole, even if they are kind of like Death Guard.

I just figured he could have a +1 Attack for what a mark of khorne would chost, since the chaos book(Death Guard) are the closest thing resembling the Sons of Antaeus.

I have seen the old stuff and they priced it like +5 pts for +1 Toughness for regular marines, it seems a tad bit over prices now considering Death Guard gets Fearless, FNP, +1 T, -1 I and Blight grenades for almost the same points.

Sons of Antaeus are Bulky, +1 T, -1 I, Fearless or (Fear maybe), no equipment and no FNP since bulky really doesn't do much for them except for a great fluffy footslogging army.

Archived