Master of Sanctity in TDA

Twisted Logic

Hail Brothers,

So i picked up Dark Vengeance today one because i wanted the smaller rule book and also because the limited edition chaplain comes with it head seperate from the rest of the model (this makes for an excellent conversion piece if your making a chaplain).

So without further adoo i present to you Master of Sanctity Heinrich Hellhammer.

gallery_52692_7663_2096.jpg

gallery_52692_7663_118287.jpg

gallery_52692_7663_7643.jpg

gallery_52692_7663_32780.jpg

gallery_52692_7663_103196.jpg

I still need to remove the DA icon from the helm and also get a shoulder pad fitted to the stormshield arm but generally he's finished. Could also do with tidying the green stuff up a bit too, ill mostly be running him with the stormshield and an adamantine mantle but gonna run him with the big hammer in big points games as a master crafted thunder hammer but cant decide if it's too big but then its supposed to be master crafted so it needs to be suitably ornate, what do you guys think any feed back would be appreiciated.

Cheers

First thing that caught me eye is that the halo-looking thing with the templar cross looks neat! He seems to be kitbashed together from TDA + PA pieces? As a result there's just something ever so slightly off with the dimensions - width? - but as a whole he looks nice. Also, that second hammer is indeed MASSIVE. I suppose technically it's a bit too big given thunder hammer is generally a one-handed weapon... but I suppose 40k never was all about the realism anyway, so I think you could get away with it without raising any eyebrows. It would look better in a two-handed grip, but that wouldn't be possible with a storm shield, of course.

That hammer is a tad too large in my opinion, makes it look cartoony. However, I'm liking the rest of the model very much.

Could you please give a rundown of the parts on how to make that halo bit on top of his terminator armor?

Sure can the halo is made from the top part of the psychic staff from the grey knights terminator set with the top part of a black templars banner back pack from the BT upgrade kit stuck on. then i just filled the back in with green stuff.

But im still undecided about the hammer put alot of effort into making it.

Beautiful model. Especially like the amount of detail you put into the backside of the armor, with the cloth and greenstuff.

A few comments. :( You should get a Crux Terminatus on the shoulder pad with the Storm Shield. Looks off without it. (Edit, nevermind: just re-read your post :( ) I agree with previous posters, the Master Crafted Hammer is too big, sorry to say. It's a sweet piece, and you can really tell you put a lot of time into it, but in my opinion it's just a bit too big. You might be able to pull it off in a 2-handed pose, but it might still be a bit much. :(

Other than that, absolutely beautiful miniature. If you don't mind - where'd you get the shoulder pad for the Thunder Hammer? The Templar one with the skulls around the edge?

@ Phatosen

The shoulder pad with the rim of skulls is from forgeworld. It comes in their pack of templar terminator shoulder pads :)

I love what you have done with the shoulder pad on the giant hammer arm. I found the same part while crusading through my brothers heretical bitz box and had the same idea. It looks incredible and fits the chaplain perfectly

I can see why they call him hellhammer :) It is an exceptionally well made part but I will have to agree that it does look a bit too large, even when wielded by a bulky terminator. On the bright side though, I can think of a few dreadnoughts who would love the chance to wield such a weapon (make for a pretty awesome conversion too)

Just gotta say one thing: Heinrich Hellhammer REALLY lives up to his name.

In all seriousness though, great job. I really like the pose you got with the shield. And I like the iron halo. And the books around his belt. And the...

Needless to say, great model!

@spedly: I've seen double-posts, triple posts, but never a six-times-post. :angry:

Anyway, that's a gorgeous looking model. The Master crafted Hammer does look more...Dreadknight-sized. I prefer the TH/SS version, but that's just personal taste.

Quick version: Sweet conversion, lovely model.

Looks AWESOME. That hammer might look better held with two hands. Personally for a master crafted hammer I would attach some bits to the standard shaft, and make the head out of the eagle heads from a Captain`s backpack. That way it could double as a TH or Crozius depending on the build.

Game wise (If playing with him): Lose Shield (coz he's 4++ anyhow) and get either Lightning Claws (for rerolls) or ChainFists (coz you can)

I can't speak for our brother Twisted Logic who made Hellhammer, but if it were my chaplain, I'd keep the storm shield- a 3+ invuln. is a lot more effective at shrugging off battle cannon shots than a 4+ from a rosarius; and I do love charging tanks :P

Your chaplain looks fantastic brother, you should feel proud of your accomplishment!

Game wise (If playing with him): Lose Shield (coz he's 4++ anyhow) and get either Lightning Claws (for rerolls) or ChainFists (coz you can)

I can't speak for our brother Twisted Logic who made Hellhammer, but if it were my chaplain, I'd keep the storm shield- a 3+ invuln. is a lot more effective at shrugging off battle cannon shots than a 4+ from a rosarius; and I do love charging tanks :P

Your chaplain looks fantastic brother, you should feel proud of your accomplishment!

Indeed brother i will be keeping the storm shield thats the whole reason i gave him one, a 3+ invul is much better than a 4+ i mean sure its ok but its just not worth the risk. As for claws and chainfists well then he would'nt have earnt the name Hellhammer :P

Thanks for the praise brothers.

Archived