250pts a month Wolves (pssst Ragnar is finished)

Tommie Soule

I know it was painted (thats why there was a ";P" after the sentence).

I miss the picture of the wip banner thou. But still i don't know, from what figure the banner was taken (Imperial forces bannerman?).

I know it was painted (thats why there was a ";P" after the sentence).

I miss the picture of the wip banner thou. But still i don't know, from what figure the banner was taken (Imperial forces bannerman?).

No worries. I know there's more pics on Tommie's facebook page of the painting process. The banner I'm not 100% sure on but I know he gs'd some of it along the pole. You might be able to tell more from the WIP shots there. I think it's old Imperial but dont quote me on it.

That's some fine blending there with the banner.

Just finally had a full look through your log, thought I recognized your work from somewhere! Turns out its from Visions!

Just a question on how do you get such a smooth basecoat on your models? Do you use an airbrush? Or do are you just using thinned down paints applied by brush?

• 2 weeks later...
My Raganar Blackmane, Retro Tribute is finally finished!

And strangely in time with the the release of the new Ulrik Model from GW, maybe my Ragnar was being watched and chosen from afar........

I took my time really considering how to finish this guy but my gut told me he was done and as an artist i like to trust that feeling.

There is so much more I could have done, Battle damage, more freehand neaten bits here and there but I couldn't shake the feeling it was just be a show off or score points or whatever as opposed to make myself happy as a hobbyist. I can't wait to get this guy in the GW Manchester cabinet with the rest of my army.

This Project was meant to be the final cherry on my army cake but with the new Space Wolf kits out I may make a couple of exceptions, of course Ulrik the Slayer may be one of those exceptions!

I would like to say thanks to some guys who generously helped me out with this guy too. Luke Wilson, Shane Rozzel, Jon Hart, Paul Evans, Damien Pedely, David Rodriguez-Gonzales, Mark Tait.

Their eyes, brains, experience and generosity was invaluable!

(i'm babbling like just won an oscar so I will please be quiet now)

There are more pics here;

There's some WIP pics here too;

http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics16/img56c26714eea16.jpg

Can we mass submit this to White Dwarf or something? I think this conversion wins the Fang.

In particular I love the attention to detail in the classic representation, the blond hair, the dual banners, the spiked boots and wolf-head shoulder-pads, excellent work!

I didn't notice it before but it really strikes me how similar the model for Krom Dragongaze is to the depictions of Ragnar. Down to the pelt over the right shoulder, the chains and rune necklace across the chest, the two wolf-heads on the belt of russ, the mk VI greaves and pronounced vambraces. Particularly with the sword almost identical being released in the upgrade sprue the only things missing are the left pad and top-knot head. Makes me wonder if the Krom model was initially supposed to be an updated version of Ragnar similar to our new Ulrik the slayer model.

Archived