The long road to Redemption

Alys Dwr

And here we have my completed vow for October!

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l39/bonsai-al/IMG_7203.jpg

It was getting a bit close to the deadline but i shuffled some things around in the real world so that i could get these chaps done. I am quite determined to complete the PtR!

Now i just need to figure out what i'll be painting in November. This is going to be another awkward month for me as i have to finish my MSc dissertation so i think i'll have to pick an easyish vow. We shall see in the next few days.

Al

I think you should downsized the "failed again" banner and put a large size PtR banner instead!

Excellent Alys, not only you met the deadline but with compromise of quality! Well done!

What's the dissertation about?

That's a good idea. I might have to see about scaling the banners appropriately as i walk the path to redemption!

The diss is about the use of willow to remediate metal contaminated soils with a focus on the importance of metal distribution in the soil environment. It's all rather thrilling, gripping stuff :S

Thinking about the November vow at the moment and there are two options:

1 - Dark Vengeance Ravenwing bikers.

2 - Techmarine in full servo harness.

Whilst i really want to get those bikers started and done, i've still got several other half finished projects to crack on with; the Techmarine is one such project. Given the foreseeable time constraints in November i am more than likely going to save the bikers for December and crack on with the Techmarine. His body is about 75% done but the harness is still bare metal. Ok, so the vow would mostly be "one full servo harness" but i need to play a tactical game to get through the PtR! And aside, i've got 4 servitors i could expand the vow with if i find myself with more free painting time ;)

Al

That's a good idea. I might have to see about scaling the banners appropriately as i walk the path to redemption!

The diss is about the use of willow to remediate metal contaminated soils with a focus on the importance of metal distribution in the soil environment. It's all rather thrilling, gripping stuff :S

Thinking about the November vow at the moment and there are two options:

1 - Dark Vengeance Ravenwing bikers.

2 - Techmarine in full servo harness.

Whilst i really want to get those bikers started and done, i've still got several other half finished projects to crack on with; the Techmarine is one such project. Given the foreseeable time constraints in November i am more than likely going to save the bikers for December and crack on with the Techmarine. His body is about 75% done but the harness is still bare metal. Ok, so the vow would mostly be "one full servo harness" but i need to play a tactical game to get through the PtR! And aside, i've got 4 servitors i could expand the vow with if i find myself with more free painting time :)

Al

Go for the Techmarine! Let's see this third pearl on your sig! ;)

And remember, November is open for vows! Good luck mate!

Here it is then, my November vow to finish these guys:

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l39/bonsai-al/IMG_7212.jpg

They tun up to 150 points and consist of a techmarine with full servo harness and two CC servitors. You can see that there is a lot done on them, but there is also still a lot to do. After taking this pic i assembled the servo harness so that is now ready to paint.

Al

well done Alys Dwr ! nice tactical squad you have there,actually everything is nice :blush:

im sorta in the same boat as you(failed vows and not completing anything)so im taking inspiration from your work :blink:

keep it up and i look forward to seeing that techie finished!

cheers, Mithril

• 4 weeks later...

All glory be to the Omnissiah! (excuse the crummy photo)

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l39/bonsai-al/IMG_7566.jpg

So i complete another month of redemption, once again leaving it to the last minute. The good news is though that i got my diss finished and handed in, so i've got all the free time in the world over the next couple of months!

I'll get thinking about a vow for December and report back next week. And hopefully i'll be able to post more and get a bit more involved in the community aspects of PtR.

Al

Congratulations Alys! It's an awesome Techmarine and friends there!

You've kept true to the Path month after month! And this from a man who has a "Failed Again" sign in his banner! I think it's time to substitute it with a large Path of Redemption banner full of pearls!

Well done mate! B)

Howdo folks,

No sure what i'll be doing for my December vow yet. I see that SG has extended the November finish by a few days so i'll have a think and get something vowed soon. I am still veeeerry tempted to get the DV bikers done but i'll have a look to see if there are any other half-painted models i should really get out the way first.

Or i could just vow the bikers and do some additional vows for half painted models if i get them done early in the month... hmm... now there's a thought :(

And Captain Semper, as i failed 3 LPCs i think i've just about attained forgiveness for them with my 3 white pearls. If i can get through December for my 4th pearl, i shall shed that banner of shame and wear the PtR banner as big and as proud as possible!

Al

I'm kind of in the same boat... I need to think of what to do for December as well. Love that green tac squad, keep up the great work. I would suggest going with the touch up vows and thus those would be up to par with the rest of what you are doing :) Then hit it hard again in January :)

I would suggest going with the touch up vows and thus those would be up to par with the rest of what you are doing :o Then hit it hard again in January :cuss

And that's what i shall do! Good plan.

So this month is dragging on and i'm loosing days far faster than i should like. I've had a rummage around in the 'to do' pile and uncovered this beasty:

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l39/bonsai-al/IMG_7694.jpg

One predator with autocannon and heavy bolter sponsons.

I've had this for around 5 years now and all that's been done is base green and boltgun. Still plenty to do and will keep me busy for December's vow!

Al

• 3 weeks later...

Howdo folks!

As i'm a bit rushed for time here is a quick, cruddy, phone photo of my completed vow!

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l39/bonsai-al/IMG_7716_zpsc5c69b2c.jpg

And a front view to better show the brilliant blue eyes:

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l39/bonsai-al/IMG_7722_zps4b2722ea.jpg

But for now, it's time to party like it's 999.M2 - Happy new year all!

Al

[edit]updated pics[/edit]

Happy new year to you mate! And time to remove the "Failed" banner! Also remember, your next vow for January should be combined with the LPC! Let's win again this year and this time you'll were the "win" banner in your sig! :o

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

With the forum being down and all i'm a bit late organising my January vow. So i hereby vow to paint the 3 bikes from Dark Vengeance by the end of the month.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l39/bonsai-al/IMG_7974-Copy_zpsb9b823e1.jpg

They are currently grey plastic, merely pushed together and with little/no clean up work done to them. A lot more work involved than my previous 4 vows, so it should be fun over the next two weeks!

And i think it's about time i sorted out my signatures. I've been baring the LPC banner of shame for far too many years now. I'll also have to see if i am eligible for entering the LPC.

Al

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a long and difficult month. With the forum being down and a few family crises, it's been hard to find the motivation to paint. But as i vowed to complete these guys, i've managed to find a few hors in the last few days to pick up a brush and get them up to tabletop standard.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l39/bonsai-al/IMG_8744_zps68606b31.jpg

So i guess this counts as my January vow complete! I'm by no means happy with them as they're a bit of a rush-job, but they'll do. It's been my first time painting bikes and i must admit i could see it being an enjoyable thing; to paint a full RW force. These DV models are quite stunning considering they came in the starter set.

Right, i guess this means i need to think of a vow for February. It's going to be another very tough month (real world problems, bah) but i think i need to come up with a suitable vow to get me to the finish in style. I've got that black pearl in my sights and need to have the feeling i earnt it. We shall see.

Al

Good luck in the personal stuff Alys Dwr, hope it all works out!

I like your January vow, I think they look very nice for table-top standard. Nothing to be disappointed about at all, and if you see what you want to improve on them, you could always just vow the "little stuff" on them that you want to finish for February. :D

Well done Alys!

The bikers look really cool - certainly better than mere tabletop quality. With the new Codex RW got royal treatment and the new minis will inspite many (me included) to make RW-heavy armies!

Good thing you got rid the LPC failed banner! The Path exonerated you from past guilt. :D

Hope everything works out on the family front...

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers for the positives on the bikers guys, it really means a lot smile.png But re-submitting them for february's vow would be cheating!

Right then. Down to business. I've been holding off and hoping i'd get a copy of the new codex and something from the new range of models to paint for my february vow but things have conspired against me. I've been struck by the sudden realisation that i've only got a week left to nail this black pearl so i'd better get something done about it!

I've had a nose through my models and have decided that my vow shall be - 1 dreadnought, with DCCW, assault canon, missile launcer, and las canon arm options!

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l39/bonsai-al/IMG_8980_zps9242fecf.jpg

As you can see, the body is as good as done (and has been for some time) but the arms are rather lacking in anything past the base coat. There are some thing's i'll likely re-paint on the body too. Ok, so it's not much, but i'm trying to be realistic in what i can achieve. And isn't that what the PtR is all about? biggrin.png

Oh, and i've been working on this:

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l39/bonsai-al/IMG_8984_zpsb08a747a.jpg

So if you're lucky i might manage to throw some paint on this plasma canon too smile.png

Cheers for looking, and i hope you're all managing fantastically with the paths to your own personal redemption.

Al

Archived