Land Raider Ares Conversion

SickSix

Can we get a side shot of the tank? I'd like to analyze the ground clearance on that bad boy. Also, where did you manage to nab that nifty addon? I wanna say its a Kromlech piece, but I can't be sure.

I will post a side view later with the siege shield and recoil blades mocked up. Yes, these are the Kromlech 'Side mounted dozed blades'. I have a video unboxing posted up on my YouTube channel as well.

• 1 month later...
How does the scratch dozer look on a vehicle? Good? I mean it looks pretty good so far but unless it fits and isn't too wide (it looks a wee bit wider than the resin one, I think), then you might have to tweak it further. I doubt it, but still. :P

How does the scratch dozer look on a vehicle? Good? I mean it looks pretty good so far but unless it fits and isn't too wide (it looks a wee bit wider than the resin one, I think), then you might have to tweak it further. I doubt it, but still. :P

It is just wide enough to go about an eighth of an inch beyond either side of the LR. The problem I am having is the mounting of it to the LR.

It is just wide enough to go about an eighth of an inch beyond either side of the LR. The problem I am having is the mounting of it to the LR.

Ah. That could be quite an issue. :P

Well, if you find you're having too much trouble, why not ask us? I'm sure one of us has got an answer stuffed up our sleeves. :)

So I have magnetized and glue the mount for the recoil blades. I really like those pieces. I may end up getting them for my Vindicators as well.

You can see how long this thing is going to be and get an idea of what it would look like with my spaced armor and without. I really want to pull off the spaced armor look. I will order more rivets tonight.

Any advice or cc welcome on how to make the armor look good. I really think this tank needs some kind of extra armor and this seemed the easiest route. But If i can't pull it off well i'll go without.

gallery_61777_7803_848028.jpg

gallery_61777_7803_851520.jpg

gallery_61777_7803_1777958.jpg

gallery_61777_7803_256729.jpg

So here is what the side armor will look like (minus rivets). I've got rivets on order and they will go all around the bracing strips. I'll leave the open space near the top for some possible free-hand painting.

Please let me know what you think.

gallery_61777_7803_1392541.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Those chevrons look stunningly clean, brother. Bravo. :tu:

Thanks. It is the wonder of Tamiya masking tape! Although, I did actually get a bit of a rough edge on part of the upper left chevron :(. But I think once the thing is fully weathered it shouldn't be a big deal.

• 4 weeks later...

honestly I think it looks pretty cool indeed...

but if you are not happy with the shield paint job redo it...

but maybe across the bottom chips that build up towards the middle...having more chips in the middle of the arc that might make it more realistic...

honestly I think it looks pretty cool indeed...

but if you are not happy with the shield paint job redo it...

but maybe across the bottom chips that build up towards the middle...having more chips in the middle of the arc that might make it more realistic...

Thank you. Well I have gotten over my initial disapointment. The first stage of weathering has turned out well and I think it will be ok.

Archived