No DA till April

Spaced Hulk

Well, I'd like steak with my salt...

Everywhere I read, the Hobbit is supposedly coming out in December this year, but that seems odd to me that I have yet to see any advertisements for it...

Personally, I think the Hobbit, like the first LoTR movies, will be released as a summer blockbuster: a la April-ish.

Complete conjecture on my part, but I highly doubt the Hobbit is coming out this year.

The Hobbit, is this like a third remake of the Lord of the Rings?

I have never heard of any new movie. Really???

It's the prequel to the LotR. It's also done by Peter Jackson and has been in development for several years. I'm actually surprised there are people who haven't heard of the movie

Everywhere I read, the Hobbit is supposedly coming out in December this year, but that seems odd to me that I have yet to see any advertisements for it...

Personally, I think the Hobbit, like the first LoTR movies, will be released as a summer blockbuster: a la April-ish.

Complete conjecture on my part, but I highly doubt the Hobbit is coming out this year.

It's the prequel to the LotR. It's also done by Peter Jackson and has been in development for several years. I'm actually surprised there are people who haven't heard of the movie

Interesting that the preeminent movie makers have the need to make Prequels, is their no imagination in the world anymore? I guess thats why GW has gone back to 30K.

I'll probably watch it.

Interesting that the preeminent movie makers have the need to make Prequels, is their no imagination in the world anymore? I guess thats why GW has gone back to 30K.

I'll probably watch it.

Its based on the prequel book to the LOTR that J R R Tolkien wrote. There was a demand, they fulfilled. No surprise :tu:

Likewise with 30K. A demand for it, they fulfilled.

Technically, The Hobbit (book) came first. It's a children's story that Tolkien just expanded his universe into the LotR. Tolkien was actually an linguist and created the elven language before writing any of the stories. Then one day when he was grading papers, he was inspired and wrote, "In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit." He put the two together and the rest is history. The books are actually quite good and I highly recommend them.

In book form, The Hobbit, came before the Lord of the Rings books. Cinematic wise, it was better to start with the Lord of the Rings. Like he said above with the demand that came from the LotR movies they decided to make the prequel happen. I am glad they are making it and doing the fleshing out by adding in stuff from other books to complete the story more. I just don't know if I can wait that long for 3 movies. lol

Miniatures wise you won't hear too much about it before the release because of New Line.

IndigoJack beat me to it. lqtm

Also my only thought on why this is stupid if this rumor turns out to be true is that I thought this was to be the "Year of 40K" as it's the 25th anniversary of 40k. When all they did was release a new edition Core book, starter and one Codex with some models for them. I mean really? Only that, when this was supposed to be the "Year of 40k?"

I'm kind of disjointedned but kind of happy.

- Delay means more time to finish my nids and get a really solid DA's colour schemes/bases.

- More time for them to perfect the still average Finecast process; we might as well face that some of our new charachters will be made from this ***t.

- Not going to be Nerfed first book of 6th

- Get my BA built up!

I'm holding out for Stickmonkey to be wrong. Last issue of WD had Dark Angels on the back page, which seemed like a hint to me.

Failing that, I'll just have to make do with our current codex, and buy more Deathwing!

Cheers,

WW

To be honest, I wouldn't really be shocked at an April release date, as one of the earlier rumors pointed to that time frame anyway. The timing seemed TOO ambitious (even though I really don't think it is) for the C:CSM dex and then one month, then C:DA, but January/February doesn't seem too out of whack. If they do Warriors of Chaos for November, then Hobbit/holiday goodies (mega paint set, new figure cases, etc) for December, we'd be pretty on track for the next rotation to be C:DA in January. However, if they really are doing a new Daemon dex in there, I could see March or April pretty easy.

Basically, it could look like:

Nov - Warriors of Chaos

Dec - Hobbit/holiday stuff

Jan - C:DA

Or:

Nov - Warriors of Chaos

Jan - Daemons

Feb - C:DA

Or:

Nov - Warriors of Chaos

Jan - Daemons or Hobbit 2

Feb - Hobbit 2 or Daemons

Mar - C:DA or Warriors of Chaos 2/Chaos Marines 2

Apr - Warriors of Chaos 2/Chaos Marines 2 or C:DA

Doesn't make sense to release a new edition and then only release an updated codex for one of the two armies included in the starter set..... big bag of salt please!! :D

SG

+1 for good reasoning. Though I still have my doubts, I believe we will see the Marine dex first.

Stickmonkey's accuracy is less than 50%. Hastings's is around 90%. Hastings hasn't budged yet on his projected release of December and/or January.

Salt.

The Dakka Dakka thread has Stickmonkey at 60% correct.... 50+33=83, 50/83=.60241 or 60.21% And they are counting as wrong some things he retracted after he got better info.... BTW, this puts you at 0% accuracy... :P

But yeah, Hastings and Harry havent commented on this yet, of course I dont think Harry and Hastings have said much of anything since the tracking thread opened and they expressed unease with being tracked by it....

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/448304.page

I suspect it's near or very near completion but there are issues with it, either in rules/gameplay or development/production of new models to accompany it. This kind of stuff you never usually hear about through the usual rumour mills as it's hushed up.

If I was involved in 40K marketing, new codexes would have been ready for both armies in the DV starter box. If that were not possible - then certainly within a month or two of its release.

We have one (Chaos), just need its counterpart :P

I suspect it's near or very near completion but there are issues with it, either in rules/gameplay or development/production of new models to accompany it. This kind of stuff you never usually hear about through the usual rumour mills as it's hushed up.

If I was involved in 40K marketing, new codexes would have been ready for both armies in the DV starter box. If that were not possible - then certainly within a month or two of its release.

We have one (Chaos), just need its counterpart :P

Thing is the DV set on itself is enough to stimulate sales on both armies. Not as good as a revamp but it certainly acts as a catalyst to remove those last few boxes remaining on the selves.

I'm going to be careful here with getting too bogged down with the Hobbit, but something doesn't feel right about a December release for the Hobbit GW stuff. With a film release for mid December but the GW teasers likely to start coming at the end of November it's going to be a difficult juggling act for GW to keep on top of the supposed non disclosure agreement. Best way to deal with it IMO would be for them to drop the Hobbit game for advanced orders on the 14th/15th (alongside the film) having them ready in stores for the weekend before Christmas.

This leaves the end Nov/start Dec for something hopefully green, PA and 40k. This would fit best with the WD release too - releasing a magazine on the 5th December filled with potential spoiler stuff for the film could be trouble. Leave the hobbit WD until January and go the whole hog, with a film review and everything if you want.

Al

The thing that doesn't sit right with me about stickmonkey's rumor are the daemons books. They just got a white dwarf insert a few months ago with new units and updated rules for some units. Why go through all the trouble then release a new book less than 6 months later?

It's a shame if it's not November.

Dark Vengeance takes place 0884999.M41 in the Nephilim Sector according to the BRB.

According to the Terran/Imperial calendar conversion, 884 signifies November 19th at 3:50:24 PM.

It will miss out on its own pre-38th Millennial Annivesary!

Archived