No DA till April

Spaced Hulk

I know, crazy wishlisting...

But what if they changed DA to be more 30K like?

20 Man tactical squads...

9 guys with heavy weapons...

Special weapon teams...

It would make DA distinct and different..

I am still awaiting my Heresey book, but I think I will be making more Legion Armies in the future.

Those Cypher rules were for a one-off event in Spain. Already discussed elsewhere in the DA section here.

Gah beaten to it by Archangel.

Only because it's a slow work day. ;)

In reposnse to the last two posts, let's combine them. Cypher Rules that make DA more 30K like!!!

Of course, 20-man tac squads are already possible in C:CSM. I like the 9 hvy-wpn team. Is that actually in the big Heresy book?

I know, crazy wishlisting...

But what if they changed DA to be more 30K like?

20 Man tactical squads...

9 guys with heavy weapons...

Special weapon teams...

It would make DA distinct and different..

I am still awaiting my Heresey book, but I think I will be making more Legion Armies in the future.

thats a big if...and id rate it as highly unlikely. that being said it is possible some of the BL work may have an influence/appearance in the new codex, but i can only say that eying a largely empty salt shaker and a mighty big wish-list.

keep heresy era to heresy era and lets just see what happens to the DA when they finally arrive. Hell, for all we know it will be just a rehash of the old codex DA 2ed thinbook like we got several editions back.....

hmm...wonder if i should hide after saying that last bit....

if its next year, I got chance healing my Ulnar Nerval Entrapment Syndrome that is birth stage in right hand. 15 years computers almost non-stop + 2 years almost daily 40K painting... I guess this is natures way to say: SLow down and very likely chance for GW postponing DA's release is enforcing that... I guess its time to Finish my 5 remaining BA sternguards and 5 honorguards now, take a break and leave 5 termies, 10 robed veterans, landraider, Lascannon mortis and venerable for later.

~shrug~ I keep hearing of a LOTR release in December to coincide with the movie...but I don't buy that for a minute. LOTR sells like garbage compared to 40k, and within 40k, anything in power armor is a superstar. GW would have to be on drugs to fail to do DA in December. My money says DA in December, and the hobbit in January. January is close on the heels of the movie, without sacrificing the Christmas shopping slot.

Although, I understand it DIDN'T sell like rubbish in the years the movies came out, especially in the months of release and just after. GW would see having a Hobbit tie-in product as a way of capitalising on the billions of dollars worth of publicity the movies will generate. Doing it in December will tie in nicely for Christmas presents for kids who're fans of the movie, not GW fans. Big sales there and a proportion become fans of the other GW products.

Think GW would have to be on drugs NOT to go with a Hobbit product hot on the heals of the movie coming out.

Think GW would have to be on drugs NOT to go with a Hobbit product hot on the heals of the movie coming out.

Yep, Christmas gives you a boost in sales. So of course they are going to want it in their least popular game line. They know 40k will be good no matter when they release models. Same goes to fantasy to an extent. It would just be poor business sense to waste all this publicity the hobbit is going to get.

Why can't/won't GW do that? Why must we, as players wait so long for a game supplement/army book for our chosen system? It makes no sense, and any reasons people can possibly come up with will not satisfy me/convince me when another game company, Privateer Press did it, has increased sales, and is more popular than ever. Heck, Privateer Press gives previews of models months in advance with full rules! You can go to the Privateer Website and/or do a Google search and see everything that PP will be releasing over the next 12 months. GW has the cash and resources to do the exact same thing- and probably faster and maybe higher quality. Why don't they?

While I agree GW should be able to put out more updates than they do, they don't because they can. I'm 100% sure they have hired some really smart people to figure out how to maximize their profits and keep their customers happy (to an extent, you can't make everyone happy and they know that). And want to know the reason they keep doing it? Because they know we will still gobble up anything they release. The only way to get GW to change their release ways is to not buy anything, unfortunately I don't think we would be able to motivate enough people to really hurt GW's cash flow :P.

I wish they would change their ways, but I doubt it. So all we are left to do in this situation is twiddle our thumbs and wait for our new codex.

Those Cypher rules were for a one-off event in Spain. Already discussed elsewhere in the DA section here.

Gah beaten to it by Archangel.

Only because it's a slow work day. ;)

In reposnse to the last two posts, let's combine them. Cypher Rules that make DA more 30K like!!!

Of course, 20-man tac squads are already possible in C:CSM. I like the 9 hvy-wpn team. Is that actually in the big Heresy book?

No it's 10

For 200points you can field 10 spacemarines each with a missile launcher.

If GW would want to capitiliza christmas sales, they would release vanilla and DA for christmas markets and not just LoTR. After all Space Marines and anything in power armour makes most of their income anyway in 40K... but doesn't matter I had nice dream last night where GW's head honcho's were at Asmodai's mercy begging for forgiveness for their traitorous actions against the Emperor and sons of Lion. Blades of reasons and such. It was good ^^

Chrismas is the time of green, red and white colors. Green as the chrismas tree, red as the festive decoration and white as snow.

Do you know what else is green, red and white? Exactly, Dark Angels!

Flawless logic! ;)

Also, Biel-Tan Eldar...

Chrismas is the time of green, red and white colors. Green as the chrismas tree, red as the festive decoration and white as snow.

Flawless logic! ;)

Ah, that explains perfectly why I've been noticing Watchers in the Dark watching behind my windows 'round this time of year. ^_^

Flawless logic! :D

Ah, that explains perfectly why I've been noticing Watchers in the Dark watching behind my windows 'round this time of year. :D

Then that means bad kids, instead of getting coal, get to meet Asmodai and his blades of Reason? I already can imagine Asmodai comming thru chimney: "ho ho ho, where str the heretics?" Suddenly Christmas got itty bitty more scarier...

Flawless logic! :D

Ah, that explains perfectly why I've been noticing Watchers in the Dark watching behind my windows 'round this time of year. :D

Then that means bad kids, instead of getting coal, get to meet Asmodai and his blades of Reason? I already can imagine Asmodai comming thru chimney: "ho ho ho, where str the heretics?" Suddenly Christmas got itty bitty more scarier...

I think that would be the coolest Christmas ever. Obviously painful redemption of the soul is the greatest present one can receive.

By the way, nice to see another DA + BA player from Finland. B)

This situation DA are living is born from 10 years of bad work on one of the most iconic arnies of 40k.

We all know what DA are for the 40k BG. The first Legion, the Fall of Caliban, the hunt for the Fallen, the Feud with SW...

We had a decent Codex in 2nd edition shared with the fellow BA...

Then 3rd Edition and the era of the mini dexes... Out codex wasnt the best army to play due to high cost of all the iconic units (DW and RW) but the Greenwing was fun enough to play...

Thanks to the efforts of Shadowguard and the guys of this board, GW have to Andy Hoare the task to dic the screwed parte of the DA codex... Then with 4th Edition and codex:eldar in 2006 we saw the change from the old way to write dexes to the one we still play...

DA were the second one of this series and the first SM one of the new generation...

The codex was underpowered but ad it was meant that all the following dexes should be that way we accepted the change...

Then 5th Edition and C:SM came out... And we realized something was wrong... All wargear and units in C:SM was better than in DA but GW told us that was meant DA to have different wargear...

We had some FAQ that fixed a couple of units but we needed a revision like we had in 3rd Edition...

So we waited for better times...

Then the WD spine cane out... New hope for DA...

The rumors of DA in the 6th Edition starter box made us happy and so the cover of the BGB...

And then... In october... THE BLACK HOLE...

DA disappeared again...

I wonder what is really happening at GW HQ...

I am amazed that someone remembers from a time when members of this board were involved in the re-development of the Dark Angels (3rd edition codex, 2nd release/update)

and were officially mentioned in a WD issue.

Adding my nod of appreciation and +1 to Master Sheol. Everything he wrote, is pretty much spot on from the eyes of one from the older days.

- Nevertheless.... I will stand behind my decision: Unless there will be any form of "solid rumors" 'til the end of the year, that the Dark Angels will be coming, I will keep my boys on a hiatus 'til then, and every purchase on hold.

- Shadowguard has kept our faith strong throughout the years, and it's something I'll forever hold in-debt during the Eye of Terror Campaign, when we were supreme. Same goes for other venerable Dark Angels Moderators(such as Isiah), and founders of B&C. I will continue my faithful service, but I will not do anything until the lines are prepared from GW's end, that either it's the 30k Dark Angels army, or it's the 40k 6th edition Dark Angels Army.

Frankly, due to some reason I get the feeling, that if the 6th edition won't be this year, it won't be any month in the first 6 months at least, so I'll be hoping that the 30k theme will be setting off nicely(and we'll be seeing our Lion in action)...

Thanks for the sentiment Reynolds. While it may appear that I may be stroking my ego (nothing wrong with that I suppose :P ) I wanted to echo Reynolds' sentiments. I have not been around as much as I should have been since around 2006 yet the Unforgiven have always had stalwart moderators who have stepped in and kept the faith. The Fortress of the Unforgiven Web Site, which was created to provide inspiration and support and a place to display our battle brothers' achievements lies in disrepair and many other Dark Angels web sites have disappeared in to the eye of terror...but as always there is someone there to shoulder the responsibility. Isiah has maintained his brilliant Dark Fortress site as a bulwark against the Chaos of the 41st millennium while Bro Bish's Interrogation Chamber 42 is the only other to survive the long night though remains dormant...

We did reign supreme, during the Eye of Teror campaign, running a parallel campaign Gathering of Angels that fit with the overall world wide campaign, with nearly FOUR HUNDRED participants. Any of our new recruits are welcome to have a look at the link which contains the campaign structure, the contributions and battle reports from players and the narrative story which bound all aspects of the campaign.... and some of the historical Mention in Dispatches It will give you an idea of the level of participation and enthusiasm our members displayed.

Isiah, Gillyfish and Chaplain Lucifer have held the line during the Age of Despair (since the release of the 4th edition Codex and subsequent 40K5 release) and we are now on the rise again. Much thanks must go to these stalwarts, members of the Inner Circle and recently people like Captain Semper, the Master of recruits who drove us to Victory in the LPC 2012 and kept us going in ETL 2012 with more to come!!

Just a little rant and walk down memory lane to explain that all was not always bad and we must keep our faith!

For the Lion and the Legion!

SG

recently people like Captain Semper, the Master of recruits who drove us to Victory in the LPC 2013 and kept us going in ETL 2013 with more to come!!

Those Divination powers really make choosing tenses tricky, don't they? :lol:

Blessed is the mind too small for doubt.

Never forget, never forgive.

Anyhow, I've learned often enough with plenty of things that the only thing one can do is wait.

I've been waiting for over a year for a mod for some PC game already, and this will be no different.

I just hope that our patience will not be in vain.

Virtus in Extremis.

Praise the Lion.

And for those of you complaining about the year of 40k, 8th ed fantasy didnt get its first army book until march the following year of it's update.

Yes but I'm rather sure that the reason this was called the year of 40k has less to do with 6th Ed rules and more with being the 25th anniversary of 40k.

At least that was my inpression

Typically, when you go through the trouble of announcing "2012 is the 25th Anniversary of Warhammer 40,000!", you try and do something to commemorate that. 25 years is no easy feat. Look around to try and find the same games that were out 25 years ago. You won't find many. This is a rare milestone in any game company. I expected at least some kind of special edition White Dwarf, or a unique Space Marine diorama. Maybe a bigger push for more then just one codex and 6th Edition. Anything more than what we got.

You would think GW would do something to celebrate their golden cash cow and maybe raise it up onto an altar or something. We got a special edition WD for the 300th Issue (UK). Wasn't there another special issue in there somewhere? So much for the year of 40K.

GW did do stuff. They released a commemorative model, released a new edition of the game, a flyer wave, a new codex, a codex update, necron second wave, and quite a few other models. Additionally, the whole hobby got a boost with a wider range of paints. To say that GW did nothing for 40k this year is a bit of an exaggeration. Could they have done more? Sure, but at least they did something. You know what Capcom gave Mega Man fans for their 25th anniversary? A ten disc soundtrack and a social game.

Archived