Working on a DIY need some help

stwayth

Hi there I am working on a DIY chapter I need a little bit of help with fluff, history and timing etc. I really like the idea of the Astartes Praeses, a collection of chapters created to defend the area surrounding the Eye.

I want my chapter to be based in the Scarus Sector as a chapter set up to defend the area soon after it was colonized by the Emperor.

So does anybody have any idea of what kind of time frame this would have happened? What founding am I looking at?

I also want them to be a successor chapter of the Hammers of Dorn (IF) because I like the idea of the tension between the IF and Ultramarines.

Is there any information on the founding of the Hammers of Dorn?

Also with the concept of feudal worlds and feral worlds etc - are the humans on these worlds descended from the humans of Terra or where they already there on the planet when the Imperial forces arrived?

Thanks for your help from a confused 40K noob :o

Hail brother and welcome to the Bolter and Chainsword first of all! :tu: To answer some of your questions:

Scarus was discovered by the Word Bearers Legion during the Great Crusade, prior to the events of the Horus Heresy taking place. So it was discovered long before the 2nd Founding had taken place.

From the Lexicanum article on the Hammers of Dorn, it's believed they are of a later founding, thus I'd have your chapter to have been created maybe in the 24th-26th foundings (26th's the most recent in 736.M41).

Hope this helps you to get your plan on its feet properly. Looking forwards to seeing it expand. ;)

Cambrius

Okay thanks for your reply Cambrius, I might have to rethink some of the fluff. I might have to stick with an early founding and forget about the Hammers of Dorn (or use it for another chapter :devil: ). Thanks for your help.

Archived