Allies missing from the chaos codex

arkagl

I don't know about you but I was hoping for some allies perks. Or at least a WD one would be nice. I've been discussing it within my community it got some pretty positive feedback and was looking for some other opinions on it.

Why not have some perks to take certain allies. For example: Daemon Allies for X pts a CSM Icon can deep strike Daemons, or you maybe upgrade your Platoon Sergeant to an Aspiring Champion for IG.

And I know it would be one sided bc the other codexes don't have it but they could come out with a WD article to cover them temporary until their codexes come out. I also know some combinations are already broken, but I figure since they are sticking to the fluff for allies why not continue it a little further.

I had also hoped for some deliberate synergy with allies, but it seems the designers are skeptical of the whole allies thing, and are going out of their way to make sure there's as little rules interaction between allied forces as possible. At least, that's the case right now, at the start of the edition. I'm sure as 6e goes on they'll loosen up on that, and we'll see much more engaging use of the allies rules in codeces a year or two from now.

Sadly, it won't help us, since both CSMs and C:Daemons are supposed to be early books in 6e.

The problem with getting special stuff for taking specific allies is that then you would never have a reason to ally with anyone OTHER than the one with some special rules (unless the rules are trash, but then it would just be trashy rules that did nothing and we would bitch about it).

The problem with getting special stuff for taking specific allies is that then you would never have a reason to ally with anyone OTHER than the one with some special rules (unless the rules are trash, but then it would just be trashy rules that did nothing and we would bitch about it).

I imagine it would have been the opposite. If anyone actually did a treatment for specific CSM allies, it would be to completely nerf the allied armies. Grots becoming the only troop choice, no vehicles or heavy weapons for Guard, Firewarriors can't bring guns, Daemons simply fail to show on a roll of 3+, that sort of stuff.

Incorrect, it's the other way around. C:CSM icons work for deep-striking C:D units.

Page 73 – Daemonic Gifts, Chaos Icon.

Change the second paragraph to read “When a friendly unit

chosen from Codex: Chaos Daemons Deep Strikes within 6" of an

Icon of Chaos, it does not roll for scatter, provided that the

icon was on the table from the beginning of the turn and has

not arrived from Reserve in the same turn."

I see what you're saying. But really whats the point for battle brothers most of the abilities ppl could have used that FAQ'd to not use other than psychic powers. I would say Battle Brother allies would get the best rules for them to ally and the worst would be desperate allies. I just gave examples for the Daemon and the IG they could easily adjust it.

I was hoping for this too. Though the rumored Allies supplement should hopefully address some of the missing opportunities. We just have to wait a little over a year. Unless of course it isn't true.

Incorrect, it's the other way around. C:CSM icons work for deep-striking C:D units.

Interesting. So, it says Icon of Chaos rather than Chaos Icon. Do you feel that this is nit-picking or perhaps the change in phrasing is intentional for differentiation?

Hm, this refers to the gift "chaos icon" certain units from C:CD may take, not to the icons of C:CSM, does it?

Archived