Force Weapon

Mastery Level 3

VotLW

Mark Of Tzeentch

sigil of corruption

and maybe a spel familiar

What do you guys think ??

-Clavicus Vile-

I support taking names from other sources; the trick is to disguise it as your own. For example: Klavicae Vilius.

Mess with it until you have something that rings. Unless of course you're basing your character's backgroud and history off Clavicus Vile himself, in which-case the name is a cool tribute/acknowledgement.

I support taking names from other sources; the trick is to disguise it as your own. For example: Klavicae Vilius.

Mess with it until you have something that rings. Unless of course you're basing your character's backgroud and history off Clavicus Vile himself, in which-case the name is a cool tribute/acknowledgement.

Or if you want to give a tribute to your favorite series just mix the "first" and "last" names. For example first name taken from one character and last name from another... just my thought :)

I often try to give tribute to my favorite series as I name my minis and when I do that I usually mix first and last names....

Wait, are we giving feedback on your HQ set ups, the HQ names, or giving suggestions for the warband name? If the latter, you'd need to give us a better idea of the personalities of your leaders, and the general personality and tactical abilities of their forces. Otherwise, you'd just get generic warband names like the Bleak Children, or the Severed Hand, or the Caliginous Host, or the Tenebrous Heralds, or the Forgotten Flames of Activius Minor, or the Veskith Nebula Discrepancy.

You should totally name your warband "the Veskith Nebula Discrepancy". Clavicus Vile, Lord Discrepant of the Veskith Nebula has a nice ring to it, don't you think? That nebula's numbers have been too consistent for too long, it's high time somebody logged some chaos in their books.

*Malisteen i was just wondering what people thought of the HQ set ups as ive read that alot of people think the murder sword is useless to take so just wondering what you guys thought.

in regards to background and stuff not really got much in the way of ideas for that yet as im a new chaos player as i recently got DV boxsetand am slowly painting them up when time permits im thinking of linking them some how to my loyal chapter called Swords Of The Aquilla.

thanks for the choice of names will look them over and see if any fit or mix and match some :)

-Clavicus Vile-

The murder sword is, in fact, bad. If you don't mind the mark of khorne, then the axe of blinding fury is far and away the best melee weapon choice for a lord. If for some reason the MoK isn't acceptable, than you're better off with the black mace, or a Lightning Claw/Power Fist combo, or even a power weapon combo (sword/axe or mace/axe). Or just running a budget lord with a power sword.

I run the murder sword myself, but it's more of an 'in spite of its problems' deal than because I think I can make it work.

As for the sorcerer, Nurgle and Slaanesh do indeed have better powers. MoT isn't useless, though, that invulnerable save boost is still very nice on HQs - it gives you a better chance of getting to swing with a force axe. On a ML3 sorc, you still get two rolls on a better rulebook lore, like biomancy. In general I'm not a fan of tzeentch sorcerers, but I don't necessarily think they're a poor choice, either.

yer im running the murder sword just cos people dont like it and if i do happen to get into base contact (if i ever get a game) with an enemy character then bam hopefully he dead also i chose the MoT just for the invul save and i want this sorc to be a kind of pyromancer.

as for Chaos lord i dont want to bind him down to any of the marks and just have him as he is sort of thing just bloody evil lol

also i like to be the kind of underdog and attempt to come out on top rather than just power my way through any and everything im not in it to win it as they say i just enjoy taking part.

-Clavicus Vile-

Keep in mind, it isn't any character, just the one. And you can't attack him just for basing him, you have to get him either on his own without a unit, or get him in a challenge, which he'll let someone else take (and chaos help you if 'someone else' has a 2+ save), or just deny the challenge. Remember, ICs in units can only be picked out by challenges. Even 'precision shots' will just get bounced on a 2+ los, and that's after needing you to roll a 6 to start, so they're just not a thing.

The murder sword is an expensive power sword, with some incentive for one particular model to dodge challenges from you, which is not hard to do. It's every bit as bad as people say. The only reason I field it is because I'm a pathological stickler for WYSIWYG in my army and I couldn't bring myself to remove the fancy sword from the Dark Vengeance chaos lord. The murder sword is a fancy sword, and we have exactly zero other fancy sword options in the codex, so that's what I run it as, and I'll only be running it for as long as it takes me to have another HQ option painted, at which point the DV lord will become mostly a display piece for the remainder of 6th edition and however much of 7th I have to wait through to get a new codex.

Murder sword is complete garbage, "I modeled my character to be wielding a fancy sword" is literally the only good excuse for using it imo.

at which point the DV lord will become mostly a display piece

This is his true calling. Poor Kranon, the sculpting gods were most unkind when it came to his wargear loadout.

the Caliginous Host

I read that as...another words first time through and did a bit of a double take. Good idea for a Slaanesh warband though :P

Oh and you can just use a sword lord model as a black mace or axe of blind fury, I mean they are daemon weapons, they can change their form. This was actually stated explicitly back in the good Chaos codex and as far as I'm concerned it's still canon. As for the sword, I know that you said that you know that it's bad etc, but also remember that a lot of characters run with a squad that also contains a sergeant. And because you are forced to throw challenges he can just accept with that sergeant and well, bleh. Now imagine if said sergeant is a termie. So he gets his 2+ save and you don't even have +D6 demon weapon attacks. At least if the mace gets a shot through and gibs the silly sod you can wound everyone around as well.

well having had a night to think about it and what not then reading your comments this morning i have come to the conclusion that im going to remodel my lords sword as a mace a big spikey one hopefully.

in that case does anyone have any good options for a mace/flail/something hard to model or any websites for one ??

many thanks will get pics up when i can :)

-Clavicus Vile-

Murder sword is complete garbage, "I modeled my character to be wielding a fancy sword" is literally the only good excuse for using it imo.

at which point the DV lord will become mostly a display piece

This is his true calling. Poor Kranon, the sculpting gods were most unkind when it came to his wargear loadout.

You CAN run him as a First Acolyte in a WB army. He does work for that.

The Murder Sword is not completely useless but its usefulness is limited to few circumstances.

The only circumstance I can think about is Swarmlord and similar. Powerful, deadly not EW characters (I don't remember swarmlord to be EW) you have to remove from the table.

A DP with Murdr Sword charges the Swarmlord. It attacks first at S10 AP1 and as soon as swarmlord fails a single 4++ invul save it is dead.

However I think the Murder Sword is not a very good choice in most cases.

I don't see a reason for spending the points of a plasmagun for the combat familiar just to get 2 S4 AP- attacks.

Archived