Iron Warriors

Nehekhare

Iron Warriors Legion

HQ

+++ Legion Centurion + Siege Breaker, Cataphractii Terminator Armor, Thunder Hammer

ELITE

+++ Contemptor Dreadnought + 2x Kheres Assault Cannon

TROOPS

+++ Legion Tactical Squad + 5 add, Combat Blades, Vexilla, Meltabombs, Lightning Claw

+++ Legion Tactical Squad + 5 add, Combat Blades, Vexilla, Meltabombs, Lightning Claw

HEAVY

+++ Legion Heavy Support Squad + 5 add, Missile Launchers, Flakk, Hardened Armor

+++ Legion Artillery Squadron : 2x Legion Medusa

+++ Legion Vindicator + Dozerblade

FORTIFICATION

+++ Aegis Defense Line + Icarus Laser

>>>2000 pts

It's pretty much a gunline list built to devastate armor at range, then dakka the insides and take midfield with 30 boots on the ground.

the siege breaker consul of course goes with the heavy support squad, arming the icarus besides the artillery firebase.

breacher siege squads/tactical support squads: very expensive, not very flexible. breachers are slow, don't do much damage and are not CC capable. supports are a glass cannon and need transport.

If anything, the contemptor and the vindicator are the things I could spare, but I think they work quite well as midrange AT/allounders. Things I'd consider to exchange would be:

Techmarine covenant with conversion beamers

Attack bikes with multi-meltas & meltabombs

and of course the Typhon heavy siege tank as a Lord of War slot!

edit: breaker or breacher? did you imply putting the consul with a tact support squad? I read that a lot, but his ability works for heavy weapons only.

edited for clarity:

Sorry I meant Breacher squads.

I didn't imply putting the consul anywhere, I just wanted to know what he was doing as he's the only guy in terminator armour, and has a thunder hammer so looked CC orientated.

I'm not one for building competitive lists (which is probably why a mate of mine has always thrashed me) so it's interesting to see why people do what they do <_<

Why do you feel tact support squads are no good? I have images of a 10man squad of flamers piling out of a rhino and flaming everything in sight! so cool.

oh it IS cool, by any means, just not in this list. those guys are quite expensive (even more so with melta/plasma, which I'll need more than flamers) and while putting on a lot of hurt, will be a priority target for my enemy. to bring them into range unmolested, they require a rhino, which would be a single AV11 vehicle in an otherwise footslogging midfield. sure a vindicator is just as obvious a target, but at least it will need a bit of dedicated AT to take down.

as for the consul: TDA and TH is just for the kicks. I have a model for it and swingin' the big stick at anything closing in on my artillery seems like the classy thing to do.

• 2 months later...

a little report from a little ad-nunc-game:

list mods: -1 heavy marine, hardened armor --> +2x nuncio vox, 3x artificer armor for the tac squads

enemy: world eaters (praetor, 2 apothecaries, 3 melee contemptors, terminator squad, 20 tacticals, 20 assault, 2 medusas)

szenario: simple kill points

deployed HS squad /w centurion, 1 tac and medusae behind aegis on left flank, contemptor behind tac2 center, vindictor + tac3 right flank in ruins. WE denied left flank, deployed in cover.

WE1: seized initiative, rushed right midfield, medusae killed 2 marines from tac3.

IW1: medusae fired into terminators/tacs behind (pinning them + killing apothecary), killed 3/6. contemptor, vindicator and tacs decimated assault (kill praetor+apothecary), HS killed 1 contemptor.

WE2: medusae killed 4 marines from tac3, rushes on

IW2: medusae, tac3 and vindi devastate assault, contemptor finishes terminators, HS squad kills off 1 medusa, tac2 flanks WE tac through center, send them running

WE3: not much left, gives up

overall: just as planned, minimal losses. will maybe take fists instead of claws on the sgt.s, as we both had artificer armor+AP3. WE player needs spartans or drop pods.

If I may add, maybe use a Master of Signal instead of a Siege Breaker as he can add +1 BS to that nasty hs squad and call down a d3 ordinance barrage and provide LoS to the medusas?

I think that loadout would be more helpful and save you some points. I see the siege breaker in general as a BA (not blood angels lol) cc monster that should run with some cat termies armed with X number of chain/powerfists and an autocannon and should definitely include for himself that thunderhammer, but also take some phosphex bombs and maybe a boarding shield and artificer armor instead (the model would look pretty sweet)

Just a suggestion, would like to hear your thoughts

I like the Master of Signals, d3 5" S8 Ap3 make for a nice alphastrike (just only once) and the signum is amazing, exspecially during night fight.

2 of my tacs also get a vox, better positioned in midfield. augury is nice, but only 5pts for the HS sgt anyway.

In the end, heavy support marines hit 1/6th better with a MoS, but double their chances to penetrate armor with the SB.

I took the siege breaker because he was the first thing I found in the list that I immediately identified with IW.

TDA is for the save and TH is just 10pts. It certainly looks not too inviting for any outflankers to charge the squad he is with :D

His tank hunter/wrecker ability in the missle launcher HS squad is. just. brutal. phosphex not so much really.

I don't really see him being better off with terminators where the only weapon benefitting from his ability would be one TL autocannon.

Archived