stormraven and assaults

khurdur

Hello brethren...I can seem to find the rules for disembarking/assault out of a flyer....can it only move 6" like a normal vehicle, or can it move even further?

I generally don't trust to put men in a raven anymore, perhaps only termies or mpehiston who can survive it being shot down. On the other hand, attaching a furioso dread or death company dread to the underside seems like a great idea. One on each raven....

Skies of Blood, p38 C:BA and BA FAQ v1.1

Can not assault after using skies of blood.

Also I wouldnt move the SR then disembark, as then the SR will not be able to move any further, it would be best to disembark then move the SR up to 18 inches as per fast speeder

I think the new flier rules killed Stormravens as Assault transports.

Stormravens generally get you in assault a turn later than Land Raiders, Drop Pods or plain jumping across the board.

They also generate S10 AP1 hits should they get shot down in zoom mode (generally the turn you arrive from reserves).

I think the new flier rules killed Stormravens as Assault transports.

Stormravens generally get you in assault a turn later than Land Raiders, Drop Pods or plain jumping across the board.

They also generate S10 AP1 hits should they get shot down in zoom mode (generally the turn you arrive from reserves).

Hello brethren...I can seem to find the rules for disembarking/assault out of a flyer....can it only move 6" like a normal vehicle, or can it move even further?

You can't disembark from a flyer without a rule that allows you to get around it. In the Storm Raven's case, it has two: Skies of Blood and Hover Mode. With Skies, you deep strike out but can't assault. With Hover Mode, the Raven effectively ceases to be a flyer for the turn, and is instead treated as a fast skimmer. So yeah, just a 6" move plus disembark for that turn.

I agree with Bartali, Storm Ravens really aren't that effective as assault transports anymore, particularly for infantry that could probably move faster on foot (if they have the option of jump packs). About the only thing I can sorta see an advantage with is Terminators and Dreadnoughts. The balance to this is that they made tremendous strides in terms of functioning as gunboats.

They still do ok dumping out Death Company (sans Jump Packs) and Dreadnoughts.

Side note: Remember that Death Company dreads are not affected by Shaken or Stunned so do not suffer the effects when they disembark as other models would do should the Raven be Shaken/Stunned the turn before.

Side note: Remember that Death Company dreads are not affected by Shaken or Stunned so do not suffer the effects when they disembark as other models would do should the Raven be Shaken/Stunned the turn before.

Very interesting SamaNagol, but I would have thought that the effect would have (resolved) on the Stormraven rather than on the DC dready itself meaning None shall stay my Wrath wouldn't be applicable....

Also, possibly the coolest name for a rule ever. Makes me want to take DC dreadies in every list just to say that rule.

Archived