Sacred numbers and the new codex....

Grimtooth

Are building squads and armies around the sacred numbers just nostalgia now as it appears they have completely retconned it out of the new codex.

If I end up using sonic blasters, I will go with 6 guys. Of course a big part of that is the GW upgrade kit contains 5 sonic blasters and the champion can't take one...

Not turning this into a tactical discussion but the best place I see using Lucius is with a small doomsiren NM squad. The chance to drop 2 templates that just slaughter MEQs is very appealing.

Yea I could see that being a plus.

I look at it the other way though in that he is a duelist first and the doom siren is just an afterthought. I was thinking about running a list that had Lucius with another lord attached to a unit where Lucius would be used to run through MEQ and the lord for TEQ. Also would be for tailoring challenges.

The only reference to them that I have notices as of late is in a small fluff piece in codex: Grey Knights

Something about the 6 .(something with songs).., the 7 .(no clue).. the 8..(chants of war,, I think). and the 9 .(basic spells)...

Also in the Apocalypse Gargantuan Greater Daemons that cost 666, 777, 888, and 999 points appropriately

But nothing for Codex: CSM or Codex: Daemons (unless you count Fate Weaver costing 333 points, or 1/3 of 999)

People have been running Plague marines in 7's with 2 plasma guns, and Khorne Berzerksers in 8's but that's for fluffy reasons and because those squad sizes balance out well.

For new Ed I keep hearing about 5 man Thousand sons, and 10 man Noise Marines. Thousand sons you just want more 4+ invul sorcerers and for Noise Marines you want a Blastmaster

The only reference to them that I have notices as of late is in a small fluff piece in codex: Grey Knights

Something about the 6 .(something with songs).., the 7 .(no clue).. the 8..(chants of war,, I think). and the 9 .(basic spells)...

Also in the Apocalypse Gargantuan Greater Daemons that cost 666, 777, 888, and 999 points appropriately

But nothing for Codex: CSM or Codex: Daemons (unless you count Fate Weaver costing 333 points, or 1/3 of 999)

People have been running Plague marines in 7's with 2 plasma guns, and Khorne Berzerksers in 8's but that's for fluffy reasons and because those squad sizes balance out well.

For new Ed I keep hearing about 5 man Thousand sons, and 10 man Noise Marines. Thousand sons you just want more 4+ invul sorcerers and for Noise Marines you want a Blastmaster

Yea, it seems sacred numbers be damned in view of getting much needed bodies and weapons.

I would like to run multiples.

For Chosen 6 is easy as you get that number in DV (albeit 1 with Power Fist and 1 with Power Axe that I feel wastes I5). Also will be running Raptors and Warp Talons in 6's as just need to add 1 model to normal box size.

For Cultists I am planning on running them unmarked because of cost. Keep them cheap and cheerful. I am contemplating running on squads 12 strong (with autoguns) and 24 strong (with CCW) just to give them slightly extra durability.

(Holding off on CSM's and Noise marines for the moment to see if they do new plastics with 2nd Wave).

Cheers

James

Archived