Ullanor

It was post-Ullanor. Ullanor is the staring point of Heresy, one which is already passed. It even features in flashbacks, but there is nothing that could bring it up as a separate novel or even short story. After all, before writing about what came before Heresy, they need to finish the Heresy itself.

It was post-Ullanor. Ullanor is the staring point of Heresy, one which is already passed. It even features in flashbacks, but there is nothing that could bring it up as a separate novel or even short story. After all, before writing about what came before Heresy, they need to finish the Heresy itself.

GW it's a profit society so if they realize there is a lot of interest in "Greatest Battles of the Crusade" they will publish the book. Maybe they can start with one and see the result in the market and after they will decide to continue or to drop the idea (it's similar to the pilot of a new TV series... if the test viewers find the project interesting they will continue with the other episodes).

They will not wait for the End of Heresy, because they will finish to publish books only when no readers will bought a new one...

GW already has a surplus of profit (if that's possible at all!), they pushed back some releases to the next year so that they don't get too much profit this year as shareholders will expect an even higher profit margin the following year.

And we are talking about IP content, not economics, right? It's just strange that every time when a talk starts about how this or that line may develop, it boils to 'GW is all about profit'. Of course they are. Everyone is. And no, profit doesn't govern everything.

an Ulanor campaign book might be nice, would give FW chance to roll out Pre heresy stuff against other races. at the moment most 30k armys are designed to fight marines.(mine is) against orks fielding flamers, heavy flamers, rotor cannons and chain axes would realy come in to play

an Ulanor campaign book might be nice, would give FW chance to roll out Pre heresy stuff against other races. at the moment most 30k armys are designed to fight marines.(mine is) against orks fielding flamers, heavy flamers, rotor cannons and chain axes would realy come in to play

The big problem with doing an Ullanor novel is that the Emperor had an active role in the battle. He was the leader of the Imperial forces there, and took personal part in most pivotal moments.

The majority of heresy novels heavily feature the Primarchs and leaders of whatever conflict pictured. To give that kind of perspective and insight into the Emperor would go against the intentional veil of inscrutability they have cast around the big E. They have rationed our glimpses of him and given us only second hand rationale for his motivation for anything he does. Again, this has been done on purpose, and to suddenly have him center stage would undo all their work.

I see no reason why Codex Orks can't be used to represent the orks at Ullanor. I don't think they've changed in the last 10,000 years.

I assume Betrayal is balanced against the other 40k codices?

If so, Eldar, Orks and even Necrons (it's stated in Codex:Necrons that some tomb worlds were awake for the Great Crusade) can play against Heresy Era Legions.

I have not personally read it, but my impression that Betrayal Legions were not balanced against anything but each other. I could be wrong, but I have a feeling that most modern 40k xenos would fare against Space Marine legions in their prime... about they same way they did in the Crusade, frankly.

Archived