Blood Raven Organization

Wulfebane

Hi all,

Looking for some help with regards to how Blood Ravens make use of identifiers such as squad markings (tac/dev/assault, etc), shoulderpad trim differentiation, and veteran colors, etc.

Also curious if they have any differences with their chaplains/apothecaries, but most especially their librarians, as they have a larger concentration than other chapters. Would they continue with the prescribed librarian hierarchical motifs (blue armor/yellow tabards) or would they go less traditional since likely every 1 in 5 is a libby?

Overall, would they just use the standard C:SM format or break away from it? If so, where?

Thanks for any help provided.

Edited by Wulfebane

Blood Ravens - awesome!

First of all, they're not 1 in 5 psykers, but the geneseed does have a tendency to awaken latent psykers and/or enhance already existing psychic potential! This means not only that the Librarians are more abjurant, but also that they are more respected and more powerful than in a traditional chapter.

Symbolise this as you like! Personally I escalated the librarian rankings by using "Archivist" as a title for my main company librarian. Painting it different than the ultramarines would do is another good way to do this!

Colourscheme always features black trim and bone shoulders. Veterans have bone helmets. Squad markings (crux, tactical arrow, etc.) remains the same as always.

I thought about using C: BA for some games in order to have acces to librarian dreadnought, but also just for some variation when I play. Really it is up to you. C: SM represents them the best, but you can play as you like :D

I thought about using C: BA for some games in order to have acces to librarian dreadnought, but also just for some variation when I play. Really it is up to you. C: SM represents them the best, but you can play as you like :cuss

Yeah, that's what I plan to do. I want to have a BR successor chapter using the BA codex, so I can have a non-vamp ally army for my main army of Wolves. I also wasn't keen on the whole BA DC = Wulfen SWs, but I love the Blood Ravens theme, so I'm trying to peg down everything I can about them for my DIY IA.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

These images are certainly great. They belong to Bob (BKZer0) over at zombiecrisis.org . He has recently joined the B&C and is determined to finish his Blood Ravens army. Be sure give him a warm wwelcome when he posts here and a big "thank you" for his work you are admiring above. :)