Pre Heresy Word Bearers Fluff

Emperor's Furor

Been looking for information on these, since there's not much known and some things that have cropped up have contradicted each other but from what I gathered on the internet I wonder whether anyone could confirm bits I picked up.

The Word Bearers original icon isn't a book with a flame, that icon was in fact one of the chapters? I also found info on loads of other chapters but I'm not sure if they are fan made or actually proper.

The Burning Hand Chapter - Commanded by Chapter Master Deinos. In keeping with the name of his Chapter, Deinos's gauntlets were permanently wreathed in flames from gas jets built into his vambraces. Nothing is known of this Chapter's particular function or speciality.

Chapter of the Coiled Lash - Nothing is known of this Chapter's particular function or speciality.

Chapter of the Crescent Moon - Nothing is known of this Chapter's particular function or speciality.

Chapter of the Opening Eye - Commanded by Chapter Master Faerskarel, nothing is known about this Chapter in Imperial records.

Chapter of the Osseous Throne - Nothing is known of this Chapter's particular function or speciality.

Chapter of the Void - Led by Chapter Master Tenaebron, the Chapter of the Void was probably the least respected amongst the Chapters of the Word Bearers Legion for it was by far the smallest, with less than 700 Astartes. There was little glory in its history, since it was used as a reserve force that enacted its missions behind the front line. This dishonourable purpose fell to the Void and Tenaebron. The Void's Master did not complain, for he knew that his Chapter's true role was to create and test new weapons and tactics for the rest of the Legion. Lorgar ordered Tenebron to also concern himself with the exploitation of the Word Bearers' psychic resources.

The Crimson Mask Chapter - Commanded by Chapter Master Rukis, the Battle-Brothers of this Chapter were known to have the faceplate of their helmets wrought to resemble fearsome red-skinned snarling daemons.

The Ebony Serpent Chapter - Commanded by Chapter Master-Skolinthos. Nothing is known of this Chapter's particular function or speciality.

The Quillborn - The Quillborn were so named because their traditions emphasised their birth, created in the laboratories and Apothecarions of Colchis. They believed themselves to be written into existence, born as syllables of the Word. A dedicated naval formation, the Quillborn were true marines, fighting ship-to-ship, completely at home battling through the cramped structure of a starship. The Quillborn's Chapter badge was a quill with a drop of blood at its base.

I especially would like to know whether the Burning Hand Chapter is real since I had an ideal of using a moritat with twin Volkite Serpentas and modelling him so that flamers or something where coming out of his wrists.

Archived