Please help

Khaines wrath

Ok so I'm battling a tyranid player who has a big army I swear its over points and decided I'm not gonna sook about it I'm just going to battle him

So please tell me:

What to do

What o avoid

What war gear

What stuff to give them

Ok I'm buying( haven't bought them yet because If someone tells me gk suck or they will be screwed then I will buy another army)

Kaldor

2x terminator

Librarian

Apothecary

Rhino

Gk squad

Dreadknight

He's got

Hive tyrant

Deathleaper

2x lictors

Ymargl genestealers

2x genestealers

2x gargoyles

2x hormagaunt

3x biovore

2x spore mine

Doom of malan'tai

Ok so he may be over points but I'm not a wringer so just tell me what to do etc.

I'm not an inexperienced player so don't bother telling me they're too hard

If you are looking to tailor your list to his then (working with your list)

Draigo should be able to mulch the Tyrant by himself.

As far as wargear goes, looking at his list, it's a horde of high initiative but weak units. For this, Halberds and Falchions are your friends, as are Incinerators.

His list is one of the few that a Gatling Psilencer and a Heavy Incinerator on the Dreadknight would be arguably the best combo.

If you want an apothecary, you'll have to have a unit of Paladins (which is fine, as Draigo makes them troops)

You will be outnumbered but if you kill his tyrant then he loses synapse for the whole army and most of his units (bar the genestealers) have low Ld meaning you can scare him off the table. Plus no nerfing for your psychic powers either. So the tyrant should be priority 1 for you to kill.

The librarian would probably be best used in a support role, hammerhand, might of titan and quicksilver with mastery level 3 so he can use all three every turn will buff him and his whole unit (initiative 10, strength +2 (including the units hammerhand, the librarian will get +3 as will use might of titan as well) combined with falchions for +1 attack will make for a horrifically destructive unit)

Hope this helps, Laterz...

Grey Knights against Nids is brutal. To have a chance Nids need cover, which got worst. All you have to do is hose them down with psycannons.

Now with his list, it's OK, apart from one big flaw, he has one synapse creature. And you'll be able to kill it quickly. Then he loses control of basically his entire force. Some units may get a little better in combat, but if you break them they'll likely be gone for the game. Plus, he has no Hive Guard, so just sit in transports and you'll be fine.

I wouldn't be worried about points, he's sitting on 1220pts with no upgrades or extra squad members, if it's 1750-2000pts (which I'm guessing it is, you haven't specified the points limit despite saying you think he's over) then he should be fine. What I would be worried about though is the fact that he has at least four Elite choices, and depending on how he does things, he could have four Fast Attack. At 2000pts, he'll need at least another HQ to allow that, so I'd query him on that. There's a reason why there's a Force Org chart and points limit, to promote fair games. It's not whining to expect your opponent to conform to those restrictions.

notsureifserious.jpg

In most cases, GK will table Tyranids. Tyranids are overpriced and GK are underpriced.

Yea I know... And you call your self experienced yet you will sell GK if someone says they suck... They are 2nd best codex in the game, behind necrons. Ive watched Draigo kill 1k points of nids on his own (in 5th ed, so fearless wounds were wiping whole squads) and the fact they all have power weapons.

But lets assume you are serious. What point value are you playing at? And look at his army list, cause looking at what you listed, unless those numbers are max squad sizes then his list should be legal, most of his models are 4-6 points per guy.

But lets assume you are serious. What point value are you playing at? And look at his army list, cause looking at what you listed, unless those numbers are max squad sizes then his list should be legal, most of his models are 4-6 points per guy.

Legal except for the 4 Elites, and don't day double force org, because he only has one HQ. :P

Legal except for the 4 Elites, and don't day double force org, because he only has one HQ. :)

Wasnt looking to close, just eyeballing the models lol

Archived