IC's and falling back

Drunken Angel

Okay I am running an all DC list with Astorath and Lemartes plus jump pack DC. I have a hell of a battle on my hands with a nurgle biker, nurgle marine list.

5 JP DC with Lemartes charged a bunch of acolytes with a chaos lord HQ IC in terminator armour. The Chaos Lord and Lemartes went toe to toe in challenge. Lemartes fell in challenge with the lord, the other 5 DC destroyed the acolytes. The DC won combat decisively and the chaos acolytes failed their leadership/morale roll (rolled off the chaos lords leadership) The chaos acolytes are as a result ready to run off the board. Is the chaos lord also required to fall back with them and run off the board or are they fearless as he is. IC's cant leave a unit that lost combat and is falling back but are the acolytes fearless is the lord still fearless. Is the lord seperated from his unit by challenge I am looking real hard please help me. This game is in progress.

Good news is Astorath just killed a Demon Prince in challenge (we always challenge) one surviving 3 man DC killed 4 more bikers and the vindicator blew up another 4 and exploded a rhino stranding the troops in the open

i think he fall back like Abbadon had o lat ed, but ill have a proper look asap.

-edit- actually looks like the unitgains fearless fromthe IC and they all test off him.

Sure the above is correct the unit wouldnt have to take a morale check as they are fearless because the lord is

Okay I am running an all DC list with Astorath and Lemartes plus jump pack DC. I have a hell of a battle on my hands with a nurgle biker, nurgle marine list.

5 JP DC with Lemartes charged a bunch of acolytes with a chaos lord HQ IC in terminator armour. The Chaos Lord and Lemartes went toe to toe in challenge. Lemartes fell in challenge with the lord, the other 5 DC destroyed the acolytes. The DC won combat decisively and the chaos acolytes failed their leadership/morale roll (rolled off the chaos lords leadership) The chaos acolytes are as a result ready to run off the board. Is the chaos lord also required to fall back with them and run off the board or are they fearless as he is. IC's cant leave a unit that lost combat and is falling back but are the acolytes fearless is the lord still fearless. Is the lord seperated from his unit by challenge I am looking real hard please help me. This game is in progress.

Good news is Astorath just killed a Demon Prince in challenge (we always challenge) one surviving 3 man DC killed 4 more bikers and the vindicator blew up another 4 and exploded a rhino stranding the troops in the open

As i understand it the Chaos Lord makes the Acolytes Fearless if the lord has joined their unit.

-- edit:

And as a chaos player with a Flesh eaters army in the making i hope he gave you a hard fight for the win. :-)

Archived