Gc08 scout/sisters themed army

greatcrusade08

(do you make the truck noises when you move them???) :P

What a silly question...

Everyone does with their vehicles in 40K!

:D

I definitely do, in-between reciting litanies of hate and rage and invoking the name of the Immortal Emperor, of course.

• 4 weeks later...

hi all, im bringing this back from the brink as i may have another tournament on the cards.

largely ill be taking a break from wargaming due to recent events and a looming football career :), but i might have time for one last huzzah before i hang up my bolter, just need to find the cash.

anyway its 1750, some cool nuances to stop people spamming, no two named ICs, no 2 identical units outside of troops etc.

so heres my idea for a 1750 list

celestine 115

10 seraphim 210

-2 x 2 hand flamers

-power maul, meltabombs

10 battle sisters 181

-2 meltagun

-rhino with searchlight

10 battle sisters 180

-2 meltagun

-rhino

10 battle sisters 171

-2 flamer

-rhino with searchlight

10 battle sisters 170

-2 flamer

-rhino

10 dominions 175

-4 meltaguns

10 dominions 155

-4 flamers

10 retributors 148

-4 HB

-storm bolter

10 retributors 145

-4 HB

Aegis defence line 100

-quadgun

thoughts?

Looks good to me. Throwings the Storm Bolter on the Retri Superior throws off the points balance just perfectly for those searchlights, no? ;)

yeah its a good job i thought of that :lol:

thanks for the tip..

edit: im going to have a look tonight see what damage needs to be done for completion.. ill post my targets in the morning

ok so heres my project list for the next 3 months in order to make the deadline

ALL complete:

celestine

10 seraphim

10 battle sisters, 2 meltaguns

Rhino

10 battle sisters, 2 meltaguns

Rhino

10 retributors, 4 HB

10 retributors, 4 HB, stormbolter (just need to swap a bolter for stormbolter)

Complete but unpainted

10 battle sisters, 2 flamer

10 battle sisters, 2 flamer

Partially completed

10 dominions, 4 meltaguns

needs the special weapons and a couple of PA bodies to complete, then needs painting

Need to purchase

Rhino

Rhino

10 dominions, 4 flamers

Aegis defence line, quadgun

so not a huge cost to finish the army

10 scout legs, about 15 PA bodies, 4 flamers, 4 meltaguns, 2 ork trukks and the ADL

• 3 months later...

ive finally got round to adding the pics of my finished trucks

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww87/greatcrusade08/004-27_zps1320643a.jpg

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww87/greatcrusade08/0082_zps9f0b5d25.jpg

Wow a huge congrats on winning that award!

Not having seen the other armies, I can still very much understand why you won. Each and every member of your army is so well put together and painted, and the idea that you use Sisters rules to scouts are amazing. Well done.

To me, what really makes the minis over the top, is the excellent basings on all of them! Gosh!

wow great feedback, thanks to you both.

these minis will be used for both scouts and sisters of battle, currently only about 1ks worth are fully painted, i intend to push this to 1750, but have been on a hiatus recently.. 

I plan to re-enter the world of 40k soon, i actually have another doubles event coming up which should be fun.

Edit: the bases come from back-2-bas-ix from Australia, a great company that ive used many times, just have to paint and flock them which can be time consuming, but well worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

had a doubles tournament today, won best army (my second in a row).. only this time with the help of my Ig ally we won tournament champions too..

never underestimate the power of SoB, especially at low points values.

it was 1750 and a single FOC between the two teams.

i took:

Celestine

10 serpahim

-2x2 hand flamer

-power maul

10 SoB

-2 meltaguns

-rhino

10 SoB

-2 meltaguns

-rhino

6 retributors

-4 HB

6 retributors

-4 HB

my ally took

platoon command squad

20 man IG platoon

3 lascannon teams

3 autocannon teams

executor leman russ (5 plasma cannon one)

vendetta (3 TL las)

vendetta

skyshield landing pad.

ill do a quick write up later

had a doubles tournament today, won best army (my second in a row).. only this time with the help of my Ig ally we won tournament champions too..

never underestimate the power of SoB, especially at low points values.

it was 1750 and a single FOC between the two teams.

Congrats on the best army(well it IS a nice army)

And for the other part on the FOC: That is what I want to see more. It makes the team of two really pull the same string in a gaming enviroment that in my opinion needs more of the friendly "for-fun-gaming" I grew up with.

Two armies splitting FOC, points and trying to do a efficient force needs more than two power players.

i couldnt agree more!

some pics of my army from the day

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c274/firestorm40k/BWG/P1090133_zps274edca8.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c274/firestorm40k/BWG/P1090144_zpsd6b7f966.jpg

heres the quick write ups i promised.

Game one against orks and grey knights:

was a tough one, i made the mistake of being 'scared' of the lootas.. rightly so, they were both hidden behind the aegis for a 2+ cover save (in the words of my opponent, might aswell G2G, they hit on 5+ normally, 6+ isnt much worse for a 2+ cover save).

we deployed everything on the opposite flank, what i should have done was put my rhinos infront of them and flew them forward 12" first turn for a second turn charge over the aegis..

As it was they did a fair amount of damage during the game, wiping out a unit of rets early game and splatting a load my seraphim later on.

i held back for the first turn and let the orks come forward, at the right time i sped forward hitting one mob of orks with both my serpahim and a SoB unit, whilst at the same time taking on the GKs with the second SoB squad.. (see pic above).

the boys squad was reduced to almost nothing, the second boys squad was decimated with shooting from rets and plasma cannons, on the next turn the seraphim wiped out the survivors whilst celestine took on the GK.

the inquisitor and celestine went toe to toe, celestine wounded him twice, but as luck sometimes goes a single wound from the inq saw me roll a 1 and she died to a force weapon. on the flip side his one remaining wound was taken by the SoB squad leader in a challenge in the next turn, and as shes want to do celestine got back up later in the game anyway.

The GKs almost turned the game around deepstriking pallies and GK squad behind our lines. it led to a rules query we werent sure of with deepstriking.. we were using a neutral skyshield as standard terrain, he placed the striek squad on the ground and it scattered 10" onto the skyshield which would have put him ontop of a unit and a mishap, however we didnt know if they would deepstrike on the ground level underneath it (which is what we decided to do).. but if anyone knows the answer, please let me know.

the GKs took out the leman russ and challenged two obs.. luckily some good first rank second rank fire from Ig killed a few of the GKs, but in turn 4 our air force arrived and killed them all off..

i had two serpahim left after the lootas shot at them, and i charged the grots on thier ob, a challenge killed thier herder and the other killed a grot, despite causing 4 unsaved wounds the grots could only kill a single model and fled to be cut down..

game ended and we held 2 obs and had all 3 of first blood, slay warlord and line breaker for a 9-0 victory, which put us in first place after game 1.

Game two against Eldar and dark eldar

the eldar had a farseer and warlock unit on jetbikes, thankfuly the DE player kept most of his units at the back, preferring the long range shooting of his dark lances, the small jetbike units kept jumping in and out of cover to shoot.<br />

Largely this left his HQ unit in the open and with huge bucket fulls of dice we started to whittle them down early in the game.

Our skyshield pad kept our losses to a minimum in the early exchanges shrugging off the dark lances and destroying the DE craft in return.

By turn 3 the eldar/dark eldar had two units of kalabite warriors, some wyches and eldar rangers covering thier two objectives in thier corner, thier flyers came on and were caught in a two turn dogfight with our vendettas, it was a wash losing one a piece, They didnt contribute much to the game other than that.

The target priority was the jetbikes we knew they were capable of grabbing obs late game with huge flat out moves, so whever we got a chance we put fire into them.

by turn 3 we had done so much damage to his main units of jetbikes, that he sped them under our skyshield for safety (and threatening our obs), but being turn 3 he played his hand too soon and they were quickly finsihed off by massed guardsmen and retributor shooting in the next two turns.

Turn 3 also saw celestine and the seraphim jump into the enemy DZ flaming the last unit of jetbikes into crispy bacon. Another unit of SoB had managed to transport themselves into his DZ to threaten the last eldar vehcile with meltas.

In the eldar turn they opted to kill the SoB as they were scoring and managed to whittle them down to 4 models.

We pretty much had the game won, but couldnt rest on our laurels, we had knife work to do.

in Turn 4 celestine and the serpahim jumped the high walls into the enemy corner and flamed a unit of DE warriors into the dirt inflicting enough wounds to kill the unit thrice over, due to good placement i amanged several kills on the nearby wych unit too.

The surviving SoBs managed to inflict serious casualties on the other warrior unit, showing them what bolters do to 5+ armour saves, the remaining warriors fled the board soon after.

In an attempt to stop us from taking thier obs, the wyches charged the reduced SoBs, the eldar brought all remaining units to bear on the seraphim, but failed to do more than kill a single model. The wyches did kill 2 of the SoB, but they held thier ground.

In our next turn we really hammered the final nails in, the last few eldar models were mopped up, my serpahim burned the rangers off of thier objective and celestine charged and killed the 2 remaining wyches in combat with the SoB, in some weird kind of justice the SoB consolidated onto an enemy objective.

the eldar last unit (a flyer) had no choice but to fly off the table in thier turn, giving us a victory for tabling our opponents

With 3 obs in our hands, all 3 of slay warlord, first blood and lone breaker and 3 HS units killed for "biug guns never tire we ended the game with a massive 15-1 KP victory, solidifying our position on the top table.

• 2 years later...

In all honesty I love your scout theme and the way you ahve done your models, they look top notch.

They look more realistic and dynamic than most space marines.

I don't think they are the best replacement for sisters though, they lack the same artistic look and gothic feel.

This comes across more as a fast deployed alpha strike force like Scions working behind enemy lines where sisters are attached to the church and wraped in their imagry and dogma.

Keep up the great work mate, like i said they look bang on. :)

Archived