Arming the Lord?

Montuhotep

Here's a thought experiment for you all to help me with; arming a Khornate Termie Lord WITHOUT recourse to a daemon weapon.

My first thought was twin lightning claw, but some have mooted the combination of lightning claw/chainfist as well. Others claim that a Termi is not a Termi (of any stripe) without a gun.

Thoughts?

Well Termies do have a decent survival rate, so Unwieldy weapons(PF, PAxe). Chainaxes don't seem to carry the bang for the buck. Power Lances seem to be great if you want to do a lot of charging. Since you will most likely be doing a lot of that, AP 3 at S +1, striking at Initiative would be nice I imagine. But you may not like the AP 4, at Strength the rest of the time. Power Axes are still good with AP 2 I believe(please correct if I'm wrong as I am going off the top of my head.) and since a Termie Lord seems more than capable of taking a hit or two, you'll more than likely be able to handle Unwieldy so he's always an option. Power Swords seems somewhat decent, strike at Initiative, AP 3. Twin LC are AP 3 I believe. IIRC, shred is a very nice rule to have. Umm, I would go with either Twin Lightning Claws or a Power Axe and the Brand of Skalathrax. No power weapons and the Brand has a very nice template to go with it and is handy in CQ IIRC. You will always strike last with the Power Axe, but when you hit you will hit very hard.

It all depends on how much you have to spend. I'm toying with a nurgle lord, with terminator armour, twin lightning claws, gift, mb and blight grenades. I'd love to take a sigil but it defeats the purpose of paying for a 5+ save.

A nice good combination would be sigil, chainfist + lightning claw, or power axe, power sword at slightly cheaper. A combi weapon can be useful, but the combi bolter isn't all that great on it's own. Brand of skalthrax is pretty nice, but I feel its better on a support character then a close combat one (due to its cost).

At the end of the day, khorne got one of the best weapons out of the chaos codex, so I feel it would be foolish not to use it, however a pair of lightning claws is a nice solid choice for terminator armour (cheaper then for power armour I believe).

Like they said - CFist + LClaws seems like the best option.

I usually didnt take Sigil on Termie Lord since he already has 5++. Taking sigil means we're actually paying double for that 4++.

What unit are you fielding him with? If Berserkers, you might wanna take a CMelta for tank busting before charging.

What unit are you fielding him with? If Berserkers, you might wanna take a CMelta for tank busting before charging.

A close combat orientated Termi Squad, 10 strong: 5 Combi Bolter/PW, 4 Twin LC and a Heavy Flamer/PW.

Pair of lightning claws, as others have suggested. If you have the points, grab a power fist instead of one of the claws. You could get a chainfist instead, but the points cost involved makes it extremely prohibitive; the power fist is mostly there just to provide some high strength AP2 attacks (if he's facing enemy Terminators or needs a strength boost). A chainfist is simply too situational to justify the cost, IMHO - how often will he be your last anti-tank solution?

Still, representing the combo with the claws from this guy would be perfect...

With only 5 essentially regular Marines to back him up, I'm not sure he'd last for too long, honestly, but it's about the best use for a Brand I've been told yet!

My favourite is on a flying Daemon Prince, so he can vector strike and flame whatever he wants.

Though at that point you may as well just take a Heldrake :)

Archived