2 champion of chaos killing a character at the same time...

nurglez

Earlier today I faced an enemy DK. I had my lord with combi melta, champion with combi melta and 2 meltagun's. All 4 hit and wounded and my opponent failed all 4 saves. Do I roll to see who gains a boon roll or do they both get it?

We rolled off, and I got a boon roll each (which did nothing to the champ and turned my warlord into a spawn...).

Relevent rules:

Champion of chaos:

"whenever a character with the champion of chaos special rule kills an enemy character, you must immediately check to see if the dark gods reward him"

"If an enemy character dies as a result of multiple wounds being allocated to it simultaneously, and one or more of those wounds was caused by the champion, that champion still rolls on the chaos boon table "

whenever a character with the champion of chaos special rule kills an enemy character, you must immediately check to see if the dark gods reward him

Combined with forced challenges, it means most boon rolls during a game will come from this, but I've had several from equipping combi plasma/melta on champions and lords (and fighting tyranids and grey knights, who have character MC's easy to put down with those weapons).

Back on topic, glad we played it right (even though we ended up rolling off for it), due to the dark elder power from pain rules I was slightly unsure.

Archived