Destroyers, a missed opportunity

spu00sed

I have been reading though the destroyers rules and background and they don't seem to match.

Backgrounds wise they use scorched earth weapons

Rules wise they are assault marines with an extra pistol, rad grenades and maybe a rad missile launcher

Solution

They can buy poison 4+ for their bolt pistols

The upgrades are replaced with

For every 5 models one may exchange their bolt pistol for

Missile launcher with only rad missiles

Volkite serpenta

Hand flamed

Plasma pistol

For every 5 models one may exchange their bolt pistol for

Volkite serpenta

Hand flamed

Plasma pistol

Hand flames may be upgraded with chem-munitions

This will double the number of special weapons, without giving too many rad missiles. And ncrease the idea of using banned weapons

I think Chem-munitions should be limited to Death Guard.

I don't see any problem with background vs. rules. Each comes equipped with rad grenades, which are scorched earth weapons. So poisoned is like rad pistols? I don't see where you doubled their special weapons. I don't think their special weapons need to be doubled.

As I see it, their greatest strength is that the Moritat can join them.

I think it isn't far out to say they could use chem munitions for their hand flamers. They don't take away from the Death Guard, as their WHOLE Legion can use chem munitions. I was a little disappointed that Rad Grenades and Phosphex Bombs was all they got. Even in their fluff description it says they use Rad weapons, Alchemical weapons, and the deadly Phosphex bombs. Their own description merits the use of chem munitions. Really wish they had them :)

phosphex alone make for scorched earth. Rad grenades and missles are enough of alchem-munitions. they get meltabombs with a discount to destroy stuff. they have pistols for special weapons, that is their thing. And they are the only unit a moritat centurion (argueably one of the most broken HQs in HH) may join.

really, his is like saying terminators are a missed opportunity because they don't get all lascannons while relentless.

Archived