Origins of the obliterators

So does anyone think we are going to see the origin of the obliterators in the Horus heresy books? Does anyone know when abouts they turned up and what book arc we are likely to see them turn up in? I'm going to hazard a guess to the books concerning the seige of Terra of the flight into the eye. Or do you think it is going to be left in mystery?

They probably came about in Mechanicum book after the forbidden tech was released. So far as seeing their first apperance I would guess a Sons of Hourus or Iron Warriors book/short story/novella.

Origin as it stands is unclear, we only got a bit from the old inquisitor game and the sorcerer turning into one in Storm of iron besides C:CSM and IA: IW. Nurgle (supported by the "Perturabo's plague" bit on p.22, date c400m32) or Fabius Bile (please not that guy again) is suggested. I'm very much in for another HH Iron Warriors novel after Angel Exterminatus detailing this!

I always thought they were the product of the warp's mutating effect, i.e. we won't see them in the Heresy as the traitors haven't spent enough time in the Eye of Terror.

I feel like you are right, and they shouldn't be a part of the Heresy, but I have a feeling that they decide to give them an earlier appearance, like they have done with the Noise Marines.

Mutations are a dime a dozen in those books.

Most of the fluff points to an IW connection to the Oblits so I suspect it will probably be something that is developed for the Siege of Terra as I think Perturabo is a bit over confident in his ability to beat Dorn. As far a s time is concerned remember time has no real meaning in the warp. There is also the fact that the IWs seam to have already been tinkering with fleshforging for some of their slaves so it is possible that Oblits might not even be SMs to start with.

I think by the Time FW gets to the Seige of Terra, there is going to be a huge wealth of CSM deamon Engine Nastyness, Oath of moment has all ready seen Garrow fighting a Defieler at Calth. The Original fluff saw Brass Scorpions and blood Slaughterers at Terra so Along side Plague Marines of the Death Guard we May well find Oblitorators

Archived