Dusk Raiders Crusade List

Emperor's Furor

Just spit balling, wanted a themed list which comprised of mainly foot slogging infantry and dreadnoughts as the book describes them. The idea is to get night fighting on the warlord roll to help.

Praetor - Archaeotech Pistol / Master Crafted Paragon Blade / Melta Bombs / Digital Laser / Iron Halo - 205

Primus Medicae - Cataphractii Armour - 85

Apothecaries (3) - Augury Scanner / Artificer Armour - 180

Legion Tactical Squad (20) - Additional CW / Legion Vexilla - 300

Legion Tactical Support Squad (5) - Melta guns - 175

Legion Tactical Support Squad (5) - Flamers - 100

Legion Dreadnought Talon (3) - Dreadnought CCW / Missile Launcher / (2) Hunter Killer Missiles / Extra Armour - 495

Legion Terminator Squad (10) - (2) Reaper Auto Cannon / Cataphractii Armour- 355

Legion Vindicator (3) - Dozer Blade / Extra Armour - 405

Total - 3000

Seems like a pricey HQ, but then I saw it is 3000 points, so that's perfect. Boy, Legion lists really are a lot more fun at 2500+

I wonder if it might be better to make the support squad 10 in size. Also, lacks a fast element, but fits with what you want to do.

Can the normal dreads take the conversion Beamer? Might be good to start with long range shooting while the troops slog.

Unfortunately they can't :S

I've had to alter it a little cause I got things wrong and found out vindicators ain't quite right at this period.

HQ

Praetor - Archaeotech Pistol / Master Crafted Paragon Blade / Melta Bombs / Digital Laser / Iron Halo - 205

Elites

Apothecaries (3) - Augury Scanner / Artificer Armour - 180

Legion Dreadnought Talon (3) - Dreadnought CCW / Autocannon / Extra Armour - 420

Legion Terminator Squad (10) - (2) Reaper Auto Cannon / Cataphractii Armour- 355

Troops

Legion Tactical Support Squad (5) - Melta guns - 160

Heavy Support

Legion Fellblade Super Heavy Tank - Space Marine Legion Crew / Armoured Ceramite / Twin-linked Heavy Flamer / Pintle Mounted Heavy Flamer - 580

Total - 3000

You could save a bunch of points by converting one Tac squad into BP/CCW instead of Bolters with Additional CCW and make them your assault unit, make one Bolters only and them bulk up your Support Squads.

I like the Fellblade though! That would be cool to see a mass of foot guys walking up behind that big tank.

Yeah, I know it's a bit expensive but I liked the idea that the Dusk Raiders and Death Guard both relied on the common troop being able to adapt to all situations, so I thought it might be pretty fluffy. Also I like the surpressive fire of 60 bolters firing at 24", also when they get to 12" and fire twice, can they then do a fury of the legion roll and fire another 2 shots, so that's 4 shots per model? That could be 240 shots with three units of 20 lol.

I was sucked in by the siren song of the Legion rule, but the main problem I've found is you can't use it if you move. In most cases you're better off firing pistols and then assaulting than shooting Fury of the Legion because of the limited threat range.

Still, it would work well if you use them together: one shoots Legion, the other assaults with extra CCWs.

But since you're Death Guard you should look at Crysos Morturg (probably spelled wrong). He can give one unit Relentless (via Endurance) so you could double-fire bolters and then charge--- that's an excellent use of extra CCW. He also gives Infiltrate and Stubborn.

Yeah I was considering him, if I drop the fellblade and replace it with a Malcador I think I might be able to make room for him. The Malcador is a fast vehicle to so it can keep up with the infantry and keep on firing it's primary weapon. I may cheaper my praetor as well, but I dunno what to trim him down to.

I may cheaper my praetor as well, but I dunno what to trim him down to.

Maybe cut him down to a Consul? I like the Chaplain, since he'll make one of your squads Fearless. Morturg+Chaplain+20 squad with extra CCW is a potent combo.

Or take a vanilla Consul with just Wargear. They're so wicked cheap, you could get two for less than the cost of the Praetor.

I say only keep the Praetor if you are using one of the Rites.

Archived