Wolf Guard Terminator Modeling Idea

Faithwing

Hey, wolf brothers.

So it happened. My Wolf "allied detachment" for my Sisters has become a full army commitment.

I have several kits already, and am looking to get some WGT next.

My roommate plays Chaos Marines, and I've always liked the tusked heads their TDA's have.

So I got to wondering, wouldn't those look sweet on WGT?

On WGT, I don't really see them looking evil at all. I think it would resemble a mastodon, or something. Wild, cold, and mighty - just how the Wolves roll.

It wouldn't be a full on thing. Just a few here and there, because I do like the bare heads too.

What do you guys think?

Hey, wolf brothers.

So it happened. My Wolf "allied detachment" for my Sisters has become a full army commitment.

I have several kits already, and am looking to get some WGT next.

My roommate plays Chaos Marines, and I've always liked the tusked heads their TDA's have.

So I got to wondering, wouldn't those look sweet on WGT?

On WGT, I don't really see them looking evil at all. I think it would resemble a mastodon, or something. Wild, cold, and mighty - just how the Wolves roll.

It wouldn't be a full on thing. Just a few here and there, because I do like the bare heads too.

What do you guys think?

Personal taste really.

I know on my TDA I model *ALL* with open helm. Of course I have a few with Chaos Marauder heads :HQ:. Then I also have sprinkled about Chaos Lord capes, WC, Chain Fists, combi-melts, and some other Chaos Lord bits and bobs. Now some think it looks too uncouth, others like it.

Point is, it is your army, embrace it :D.

WIP/PIP

gallery_24878_5750_11841.jpggallery_24878_5750_55101.jpg

Wolf Guard for my Long Fangs

Only you can define your own space wolf, in your own interpretation to what a bad@ss fenris born should be!

Yeah not too many around here make fun of Maverick's Army as not being wolfie enough :thanks:.

Thanks... a picture is worth a thousand words was never more true.

Heck ya.

The mastodon squad is coming.

When they get here, I'll get them together and throw some color on them to upload.

Speaking of which, with the new Citadel color range out, how do you guys paint up your Wolves?

I did a few test models and found a really simple process - Drakkenhide Blue (the new blue wash), with a dry brush of Fenris Grey.

I experimented with Russ Grey, and The Fang in several combinations/layers, but the wash/Fenris dry brush combo just looked the best to me.

Of course I went for the lighter scheme featured in the miniatures showcase in the dex.

I used the metal chaos terminator head for my space wolf conversions years ago. I think it looks awesome personally. I mean come on' tusked, and or horned helmets are nordic in nature, and brings out the savage look for the sons of Russ.

I mean come on' tusked, and or horned helmets are nordic in nature, and brings out the savage look for the sons of Russ.

Actually, horned viking helms are a myth. It may have happened on occasion, but it's not as widespread as everyone seem to think it is.

I mean come on' tusked, and or horned helmets are nordic in nature, and brings out the savage look for the sons of Russ.

Actually, horned viking helms are a myth. It may have happened on occasion, but it's not as widespread as everyone seem to think it is.

As someone from Minnesota, USA, and our football team being the Minnesota Vikings. Its more of a symbol that the helm had horns. I like the horns on a helm it gives you a little edge when you head butt someone.

Archived