Help with Nurgle

raiders13

Plasma, plasma, plasma.

Last time I went up against a Nurgle list I ran 3x Las/Plas Razorbacks, 3x Plasma Cannon dreads, and had at least 1 squad of Hunters packing dual Plasma, I'd suggest you do the same. Obviously 6th edition rules with Gets Hot! applying to vehicles make it a bit riskier to mount Plasma weapons to Dreads, but Stronos-pattern Razorbacks get twin-linked so it's mitigated a bit. Sadly, you're not gonna be nullifying his armour AND feel-no-pain unless you're hitting em with S10 AP1/2, so maybe consider taking some Vindicators if you really want to blow him away.

You might consider taking a 5x Plasma Cannon LF squad, that could do some serious damage. Sucks that FNP doesn't care about AP2 now, but them's the breaks.

I've been having a lot of luck in 6th with a full Plasma GH squad--that is 2x Plasmaguns, 1x Plasma Pistol, TDA Wolf Guard with Combi-Plasma (alternatively, a gunslinging plasma pistol WG) and a Plasma Pistol Wolf Priest to give them Preferred Enemy: Infantry. That's 8x Plasma shots at 12" or less, and you get to re-roll any overheating results. Not too shabby if you ask me.

I've been running 4 PC- long fangs with Lasplas razor-back against those kinds of lists and it works wonders.

And I can vouch for the TWC and Dread which also works wonders against T5.. or anything else for that matter.

GS

Don't fight them in combat if you can help it, pound them with vindicators. Vindis are awesome now and have the added benefit of not dying to dragons as easy as long fangs. I agree with the suggestions for plas and maybe even a unit of twc too.

In short?

pound em with vindicators and Plasma Fangs and then throw a unit of TWC with a fist and a tooled up lord at em and they'll drop like anything else!

and dint forget the 2-3 squads of dual plasma GH......

plasma is your friend here as the S7 migrates their T while the AP2 negates their saves, then just hope his FNP rolls suck! TWC make an excellent clean up unit here and they can then chop to their hearts content at the weakened squads of nurgle..... good luck Brother!

Wolf Priest with Plasma Pistol, Preferred Enemy infantry.

Wolf Guard Pack Leader with two Plasma Pistols.

10 Grey Hunters with two Plasma Guns, Standard, Power Maul.

Vindis and LF with Plasma Cannons.

yup that'll do it! mind you most enemies would die from that squad!

including the squad itself!

yup that'll do it! mind you most enemies would die from that squad!

including the squad itself!

Preferred Enemy reroll affects shooting too don't forget.

I'm going to give this a try and add in a WL on TW with a squad of TWC for my next game.

Vindicators are amazing vs nurgle, you just need to be careful with them.

I tend not charge Nurgle until I can get two units in on the fight. GH and TWC usually. This way I drowned them in attacks and make them choose if they want to split theirs.

I am always hesitant to go the full plasma road because 1's have a fondness for me, but there is something to be said for 5 plasma shots and a mess of bolter fire from a unit that can take a charge. No pack should run alone, so make sure your GH's move together so they can unload hell on any unit in front of them.

I like A Rune Priest with Prescience to lead plasma. Give him Master of Runes and you open up a lot of nifty options for close/mid range fire.

Hello,

@forte: why 2 plasma pistols to your WGPL ? He can only shoot once ! Or I made a mistake...

You made a mistake. Gunslinger rule. Pg 52 BRB

Beat me to it.

Archived