Ravenwing Default Wargear

Avon Rekaes

Curious, how do you plan on modeling it for all your bikes? Most people don't bother simply assuming it's built in (perhaps they are built into the raven posts?).

There was a white dwarf years ago that had a simple conversion to make homers. I did it on a few of my bikes. I would say when I get home I'll look for it and scan it, but since my scanner is still not hooked up hopefully someone else will come along.

It looked rather cool, but since it is basic war gear it isn't necessary to model it.

Arent teleport homers placed on the table prior to a deep-strike? Or is that my rusty faulty logic? You drop it after me thinks, plus there is no piece to model on a model right?

You might be thinking Servo-Skulls from the GK codex.

The teleport homers are war gear on the actual bikers. There is a homer available in one of the Terminator sprues as an extra bit. But since it is base war gear there is no need to model them on the Ravenwing Bikers.

Ravenwing homers are carried by the bike; they don't have to drop them on the table. While they are not traditionally modeled since they are standard gear -- and the homer model is kind of big and clunky being indented to be put on a 25mm base and all -- I think it would be cool to put something on the rear fender in place of the scout roll to represent the homer.

Ah, thanks for the confirmation!

As for the conversion I use, yeah I think I saw it on the GW website before they took down all their old hobby stuff cause of the paint line relaunch.

You take the front... windshield-thiny of the normal bikes, the part that you replace with the winged Ravenwing version, with the headlight on it. You slice of the ends of it along where the groves are for the bike's bolters would go. You glue the two parts together so it forms this nice sleak angled hull-looking thing. Then you glue one of the long purity seals from the Ravenwing upgrade sprue to hide the seam of joining the two halves together. Then you drill a hole in one side with a pin vice, wide enough to fit the skull antenna from the normal bike sprue (after cutting off the trapezoid-thing at it's bottom)

Then you glue this little housing-and-antenna to the back of the bike, after you've already glued the Ravenwing feathered banner back there. You might need to snip the very bottom feather from the banner to make room for it.

It doesn't look much like the Terminator teleport homer, but you can handwave it as all the mechanisms being underneath that compartment, with the skull antenna broadcasting the homing signal. At least this way you can point to Ravenwing Bikes and say where the built-in homer is that isn't on other bikes. And it's a super-effcient conversion too, cause all you're doing is using the bits you are replacing with Ravenwing bitz, with everything right from the bike sprue.

I don't have pics with me, but I can post them tonight.

Yeah thats what I was thinking about but I thought you needed to place it prior to using it. Anyways.

Yes, it does. But in this case, it just means the biker needs to be on the table at the start of the turn. There is nothing else to place.

Fun! I'm interested to see. I might down some web searching for it.

Ah, thanks for the confirmation!

As for the conversion I use, yeah I think I saw it on the GW website before they took down all their old hobby stuff cause of the paint line relaunch.

You take the front... windshield-thiny of the normal bikes, the part that you replace with the winged Ravenwing version, with the headlight on it. You slice of the ends of it along where the groves are for the bike's bolters would go. You glue the two parts together so it forms this nice sleak angled hull-looking thing. Then you glue one of the long purity seals from the Ravenwing upgrade sprue to hide the seam of joining the two halves together. Then you drill a hole in one side with a pin vice, wide enough to fit the skull antenna from the normal bike sprue (after cutting off the trapezoid-thing at it's bottom)

Then you glue this little housing-and-antenna to the back of the bike, after you've already glued the Ravenwing feathered banner back there. You might need to snip the very bottom feather from the banner to make room for it.

It doesn't look much like the Terminator teleport homer, but you can handwave it as all the mechanisms being underneath that compartment, with the skull antenna broadcasting the homing signal. At least this way you can point to Ravenwing Bikes and say where the built-in homer is that isn't on other bikes. And it's a super-effcient conversion too, cause all you're doing is using the bits you are replacing with Ravenwing bitz, with everything right from the bike sprue.

You're correct on the conversion. I remembered that I have a camera that I could easily access. So instead of a scan I just snapped a picture of my White Dwarf, so if it isn't that clear apologies. But here it is.

http://i.imgur.com/c1g5t.jpg

That's pretty cool. I like what you did instead of trying to get sponson mounts. I may do something along those lines, too, even though it's not needed.

I find it funny they tell people to use one of the main pieces to a predator........ Also it would be pretty expensive using the homers from the Assault TDA box....

Also I didn't think there was any SM used telehomer that needed to be dropped to be used. I will need to check that one myself, as I have never used anything from C:SM that could add a homer. I know that the C:SM Drop pod if it has it you need to model it and the same for the Scouts but I didn't think it needed to be placed on the table somewhere other than the model itself. I know in the fluff they always turn it on and toss it to the ground and that it needed to be in an open place so the people porting in don't materialize inside of trees and such :)

Thanks Harleqvin!

Yeah, I didn't really see a reason to go bitz-hunting for this (at the time, I think) metal bit from another army's tank to complicate things with. There was an extra case to hold teleporty thingummys and an antenna, all on the sprue I'd be cutting up for the model anyway. Good enough for me!

Also, looking at the Terminator teleport homer, I never realize it was supposed to go into a slotta base. I always assumed it was supposed to be clipped in such a way that you mount it on the back of a terminator? Like where the cyclone missile launcher goes...

I never knew that thing on the terminator sprues was supposed to be a teleport homer. Instead I've mounted mine on Warmaster character bases and use them as objective markers. Perfect for the relic mission.

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb440/Cactus-/20120331_182538.jpg

I love the Ravenwing conversion; simple and effective.

I never knew that thing on the terminator sprues was supposed to be a teleport homer. Instead I've mounted mine on Warmaster character bases and use them as objective markers. Perfect for the relic mission.

Thats not uncommon, I only about half a year ago discovered about the codpieces.

After looking at yours Avon I like them much better than the white dwarf one!

I find it funny they tell people to use one of the main pieces to a predator........ Also it would be pretty expensive using the homers from the Assault TDA box....

Well to be fair when this was written you could order that bit from GW directly. I don't know if you can today, but I'm about 90% sure you were able to 5 years ago.

Archived