Ravenwing

Vazzy

So, I downloaded the book today, and finished it about 5 minutes ago. It's great, it really is. I enjoyed the look at our chapter, and some of the interesting concepts I'm praying are in the new codex. My favorite by far was Telemenus, whose wit and eventual revelation was stellar writing by Thorpe. Also, the chapters take on Boreas and his beliefs were quite interesting.

To anyone whose reading it, what do you think?

I just hope, there is no ambiguity with loyalties/fallen and blah blah. We have enough ignorant and missinformed people believing that the Lion was a traitor because of a single line in angels of darkness...Gaaah.

This book is on my to buy list. I want something solid not another e read.

BTW Vazzy were have you been all this time?

I've been eagerly awaiting the release of "Ravenwing". I mean, eagerly enough that I can't wait to share my thoughts on it with other connoisseurs of all things First Legion. So, for anyone that's interested, I will be sharing my thoughts on this novel, chapter by chapter. Obviously this means that, as the story goes on and the plot reveals itself, I may find myself offering reversals of opinion - finding I understand better what the author meant earlier on, etc.

For the sake of releasing secrets to those who wish to wait, everything will be in spoiler blocks. I'll keep editing the original post with my thoughts, but will gladly discuss them in subsequent ones if anyone feels like it. :o

BOOK 1

HADRIA PRAETORIS

VETERAN REBORN (CH 1)

I have to admit, I didn't even finish the first page, and the probably overly critical part of me that is also overly defensive of the Dark Angels sounded the alarm.

The first character shown, brother Annael, apparently went four centuries without even contemplating how the Lion died. That, in and of itself, struck me as bizarre. Even more strange, I thought, was that voicing that question was the reason he thought got him from ranks of an assault squad to the Second Company. I seriously hope he was horribly wrong, and that it was his prowess in combat, his cunning, his willpower, and his dependability that got him there. Well, that, and the fact that the Dark Angels didn't notice that his thought process on causality was rather off. But what really got me going was the reason cited for the Lion's death by the Ravenwing Chaplain: apparently, the Lion died when Horus murdered him. This disappointed me for the simple reason that one of the oldest bits about the Dark Angels was that Horus invited the Emperor to fight him to the death only after realizing that the Lion and Leman Russ were enroute to reinforce the Imperial Palace.

At first I thought about the fact that the Ravenwing Chaplain is introduced as just that - a Chaplain, not an Interrogator-Chaplain. Maybe that meant that they're fed a lie as well, until they are inducted into the Chapter's deeper mysteries. But then it hit me that this wasn't either here nor there. The lie, that the Lion was murdered by Horus, is the worst kind of lie. It can be contradicted by a large number of Adeptus Astartes whose Chapter records would have no reason to lie. Even if you assume that the Dark Angels are outrageously reclusive, the last thing you want if you're heading up the conspiracy is such a potential loose end. Why on Terra would they not make up a lie that doesn't contradict the (albeit rather secret) record of the Imperium? As much as it might seem a stretch, you would think that the Inner Circle would want to avoid embarrassing conversations with White Scars, Blood Angels, and Imperial Fists regarding their Primarchs.

From there, though, I felt much better. I really like the way Annael, Zarall and Sabrael - all three members of the same Ravenwing Squadron - interacted with one another. They already seem like a good, balanced complement of individuals. Annael appears to be the signature Dark Angel yet to be corrupted by the moral compromises of the Inner Circle: solemn, serious, balanced. Zarall seems good-natured and helpful, and Sabrael possesses a surprising swagger and sense of humor - a good choice on Gav's part, I thought. A fourth battle-brother and member of their Squadron, Araton, doesn't reveal much.

Incidentally, chalk down a new Strike Cruiser for the Dark Angels: the Implacable Justice, measuring in at 2.5km in length. :D

I'll do my best Stobz, I promise, just give me a few days. Also, Brother I, I've been around, but to be frank, I've had little interest in the Dark Angels, due to a pisspoor codex, and the start of my preheresy Ultramarines. Hopefully this will change with a new codex release

I quite enjoyed the novel as well, though I personally enjoyed the 5th Company viewpoints more than the second company ones. As the novel progresses the confusion and anger they feel creates an interesting dynamic that Gav pulled off quite well.

My thoughts on what you put.

I haven't read it yet but that could be the thought that this wouldn't have happened had Horus not fallen to Chaos... Also they had the Int-Chap in the DV book say things that we know not true to the RW Sergeant who told the same thing to his men.

I look forward to reading it when I get the chance and look forward to more spoilers from you guys =D

I just hope, there is no ambiguity with loyalties/fallen and blah blah. We have enough ignorant and missinformed people believing that the Lion was a traitor because of a single line in angels of darkness...Gaaah.

:)))

"Ravenwing" it's sequel of "Angels of Darkness". History about consequences of events on Kadillus.

:D))

"Ravenwing" it's sequel of "Angels of Darkness". History about consequences of events on Kadillus.

Tasty!

Damn I Just posted and then the thread gets merged. HAhahaa

I'll do my best Stobz, I promise, just give me a few days. Also, Brother I, I've been around, but to be frank, I've had little interest in the Dark Angels, due to a pisspoor codex, and the start of my preheresy Ultramarines. Hopefully this will change with a new codex release

I hate to say it to you but you know your way to the right chamber right? ;)

VETERAN REBORN (CH 1)

I have to admit, I didn't even finish the first page, and the probably overly critical part of me that is also overly defensive of the Dark Angels sounded the alarm.

The first character shown, brother Annael, apparently went four centuries without even contemplating how the Lion died. That, in and of itself, struck me as bizarre. Even more strange, I thought, was that voicing that question was the reason he thought got him from ranks of an assault squad to the Second Company. I seriously hope he was horribly wrong, and that it was his prowess in combat, his cunning, his willpower, and his dependability that got him there. Well, that, and the fact that the Dark Angels didn't notice that his thought process on causality was rather off. But what really got me going was the reason cited for the Lion's death by the Ravenwing Chaplain: apparently, the Lion died when Horus murdered him. This disappointed me for the simple reason that one of the oldest bits about the Dark Angels was that Horus invited the Emperor to fight him to the death only after realizing that the Lion and Leman Russ were enroute to reinforce the Imperial Palace.

At first I thought about the fact that the Ravenwing Chaplain is introduced as just that - a Chaplain, not an Interrogator-Chaplain. Maybe that meant that they're fed a lie as well, until they are inducted into the Chapter's deeper mysteries. But then it hit me that this wasn't either here nor there. The lie, that the Lion was murdered by Horus, is the worst kind of lie. It can be contradicted by a large number of Adeptus Astartes whose Chapter records would have no reason to lie. Even if you assume that the Dark Angels are outrageously reclusive, the last thing you want if you're heading up the conspiracy is such a potential loose end. Why on Terra would they not make up a lie that doesn't contradict the (albeit rather secret) record of the Imperium? As much as it might seem a stretch, you would think that the Inner Circle would want to avoid embarrassing conversations with White Scars, Blood Angels, and Imperial Fists regarding their Primarchs.

My first reaction was like....waaah, when I read that. But then you know

Its hard to imagine marines chit chatting about history of their Primarchs in a combat zone. More or less the unforgiven, that are known to not come into contact with their allies. So it is viable to dilute history as a precaution to maintain the secret.

What strikes me as odd though is, that the above text suggests a prequel to the fact that from now on we wont see only circles within circles but also lies within lies and my fear will come to pass.

MUSTER (CH2)

The Implacable Justice carries Dark Talon and Nephilim fighters.

Is anyone else aware of such designations/craft for a Chapter of the Adeptus Astartes?

Sammael's jetbike

is named Corvex.

The book mounted on it is the

Liber Corvus, which contains the names of all the Ravenwing who have died on the hunt.

"Over [his power armour] he wore the white robes of a veteran of the Deathwing, for no Dark Angel could become a company Grand Master without first passing through the ranks of the First Company." Interesting. I wonder how fans of robed Dark Angel models will reflect on this. I also wonder if the usage of the term company Grand Master in a broad way (as opposed to the traditional Company Master) was a typo. I suppose Gav might have just been thinking of the Second Company, period. Or perhaps Company Masters are also Grand Masters?

We are given the name of another Dark Angels strike cruiser as well - Penitent Warrior. It is implied to belong to the Fifth Company.

I thought this chapter was excellent, overall. It merely covers what the title states - a muster of the Ravenwing as they prepare to assault a world facing rebellion - but it's just very well written. Sammael gives a speech fitting for a commander of Space Marines. It was, I thought, a nice contrast to the usually grim and dour Dark Angels. Then again, I've always been of the thought that the less inducted in the mysteries a Dark Angel is, the more they would be this mesh of Space Marine and Calibanite knight. A good leader would thus need to be able to meet their needs as well, I suppose. If all Dark Angels leaders walked about as aloof, sinister, and grim individuals, that would make for an awkward dynamic within the Battle Companies and the Companies of the Reserve.

THUNDERHAWK INSERTION (CH3)

What we have here is basically the Fifth Company's preparations for insertion and an introduction to some of their characters - much like CH2 worked for the Ravenwing. Increasingly, I like the tone of the banter Gav uses for the line battle-brothers. It's the right mixture of humor and solemnity.

On the (slightly) minus side, I've always said that I'm not a big fan of the tactics used by Space Marines in 40k. The plan presented for this assault won't exactly change my mind. :)

I mean, the Ravenwing's role in the battle seems pretty well thought out - insofar as Space Marines on motorcycles and hovering gun platforms can be used as the main attacking effort. I always hate to see foot-mounted Space Marines occupying static positions, though. It doesn't play to the theme of shock and surgical strikes that the Adeptus Astartes are known for.

Incidentally, in case there was any doubt, this novel is set before "Dark Vengeance". Zadakiel heads the Fifth Company, and

he is referred to as "Grand Master Zadakiel", which either means that some Company Masters are also Grand Masters... or that by becoming a Company Master one becomes a Grand Master in the process.

FIRST DROP CH4

My above reservations aside, I thought that Gav did a very good job of showing how a Ravenwing attack would happen, and really made me feel as if I was observing this fluid, moving battle. I could really picture Annael's bike-mounted squad surging through the rebel compound and engaging the hapless enemy as they went. It was a fun, smoothly-paced scene.

Where the characters are concerned, I again really liked the interaction. Their exchanges really fit the personalities of Dark Angels battle brothers as I imagined they would be. Probably the more direct way to describe it would be akin to the interaction between the Patricians in "Rome", and many of the characters in "Spartacus" as well.

Beyond that, I'm guessing this chapter is serving as a herald for new units in the upcoming Codex! I don't think these are mentioned elsewhere, but as I'm not a hobbyist, I can't be 100% sure.

Vengeance-class speeders are mentioned; they use plasma weaponry.

Darkshroud-class speeders carry ancient statues from the Rock, which are synced to "arcane generators", through which nascent warp energy creates an all-concealing blanket of darkness. These are used to conceal dropsites for the Ravenwing. They defeat normal sight, but not the surveyor arrays built into combat bikes.

Dark Talon fighters use hurricane bolters. Nephilim fighters use "Avenger weapons systems" - guns - and Blacksword missiles. Both are employed as close air support.

Sammael's chosen warriors are called the Black Knights. They ride bikes with plasma weaponry and carry hammers with beaked heads, called "Corvus Hammers". Their leader has the title of Huntmaster.

The Space Marine bikes are described as so much more than "just bikes". Here, I think you have a neat example of technology as I think it should be in 40k. The bike's guns are synced to the rider's optics, for instance, and swivel to follow his gaze. Once locked on, the machine spirit keeps the bolters on target even as the bike bounces, veers, etc. I'm a huge fan of those instances when various systems are integrated into power armour, etc., and I thought Gav was spot on with this idea!

RETRIBUTION CH5

A continuation of CH4, but this time following Grand Master Sammael. Again, very nicely done - Gav continued to do justice to this mode of mounted warfare.

The information given might not be completely inaccurate if it ends up

Horus arranged for the chaos cultists to show up on Caliban. This would imply that Horus laid the seeds for Caliban's fall, even if Luther was already teetering without the Warmaster's help. One could therefore lay blame for the destruction of Caliban, as well as the Lion's subsequent disappearance, on Horus. In turn, this would allow members of the Inner Circle make such claims without outright lying to the lower ranks

Azoriel, my issue with the story is less that it might be a lie... and more that it's a big loose end. The Dark Angels are a Chapter that is notorious about not wanting loose ends left undealt with.

Now, other posters are right and there probably isn't much of a chance that the Dark Angels will go about talking with Fists, Scars, or Blood Angels about the Siege of Terra. But to any member of those Chapters and their Successors, Lion El'Jonson was demonstrably not at Terra when Horus died, and they certainly assumed he was on his way. If they had to go into the destruction of Caliban to explain the lie, now you're suddenly into yet another topic that the Dark Angels are conspicuously quiet about to their inductees... and their inductees are oddly uninterested in finding out about.

See what I mean? It's a loose end, and when you pull at it things start coming apart.

Having said that, I'll admit that I can be overly critical and I do focus a lot on details. To most people, this probably won't be that big a deal. My main problem with this probably comes down to the fact that I hate having to make assumptions to serve the purposes of the author. I'm a big fan of "show me, don't tell me". With the exception of that bit, Gav has done a very good job of showing me, though, and I don't want people to think that "Ravenwing" succeeds or fails on the basis of that complaint. As of where I stand in the book right now, it strikes me as the best novel Gav has written for the Black Library. :huh:

Interesting. I believe the units showcased will make an appereance in the new Dex, just as the fall of Damnons prequeled the change for the necrons. To me that is more solid that any rumors we heard in the past. There is no show of the deathwing on the novel I take?

Phoebeus,

I believe that we already knew that the Company masters of the DA needed to go through the Deathwing first so no real news here.

The robe more of less was a symbol of veterenancy/knowledge something like that, but it is not yet specified as deathwing or not. We know that all members (excluding company masters and sertain other staff) field only TDA but perhaps its time to set somethings in stone. It is a good opportunity as ever methinks. On the 'grand' on the master,

Perhaps it symbolizes the fact that Like Azzy Sam and Bel are masters of the successor formations as well, it would make sense as command & control goes.

Anyway, time will tell.

Well, yeah, it's obvious that the Company Masters had to go through the Deathwing. I was more referring to the fact that plain white robes were stated to be a symbol of the Deathwing, period - and what that meant for a Chapter that has a wide range of non-TDA minis wearing robes. :)

As for the Grand Master bit, I've gone a few more chapters into the book, and it's clear that Gav treats company command as being synonymous with the rank of Grand Master. The title "Company Grand Master" has come up at least once thus far - referring to the rank itself and not a specific Company.

Azoriel, my issue with the story is less that it might be a lie... and more that it's a big loose end. The Dark Angels are a Chapter that is notorious about not wanting loose ends left undealt with.

Now, other posters are right and there probably isn't much of a chance that the Dark Angels will go about talking with Fists, Scars, or Blood Angels about the Siege of Terra. But to any member of those Chapters and their Successors, Lion El'Jonson was demonstrably not at Terra when Horus died, and they certainly assumed he was on his way. If they had to go into the destruction of Caliban to explain the lie, now you're suddenly into yet another topic that the Dark Angels are conspicuously quiet about to their inductees... and their inductees are oddly uninterested in finding out about.

See what I mean? It's a loose end, and when you pull at it things start coming apart.

Don’t forget that ten thousand years have passed.

If a Dark Angel did happen to mention Horus slaying the Lion to say, an Imperial Fist, their response is much more likely to be “Oh, I didn’t know that” rather than “that’s a lie!!” The Heresy is atime of myths and legends and it’s not like anybody had a detailed account of what happened. Maybe the Lion was slain sometime before the Battle for Terra and the Dark Angels reinforcements heading for Terra didn’t have their Primarch with them? In the 41st millenium nobody would know for sure.

And if you’ve told the lie enough times, then eventually it becomes the truth. I don’t think we’ve ever been told what the other Chapters think about what happened to the Lion in-universe (why would we?) so maybe they do all think Horus killed him. And Horus was the architect of the Heresy, so from a certain perspective he is to blame for everything that befell the Imperium in that period, including the Fall of Caliban…

So what he was told was true, from a certain point of view…

True, but again ...

... my issue isn't so much that an Imperial Fist will call the Dark Angels liars. There's a myriad different scenarios as to how this story could be contradicted and a myriad more as to why it wouldn't be. We could be discussing those all day*. My point, ultimately, is that they created their own loose end; my question is why they would do such a thing when they could invent a lie that could not be contradicted by any other source - a lie to which they were the only witnesses?

For example: "Lion El'Jonson died trying to save Caliban. He was lost to us when the raw forces of Chaos pulled our homeworld apart at the seams."

Who is to say that this is a lie, besides the Fallen? What Imperial record does this contradict? None. :(

At the end of the day, though, I don't want people to think that this one bit is spoiling this novel for me. I'm 2/3 of the way into it right now, and "Ravenwing" is easily the best novel I've read by Gav Thorpe AND the best novel I've read about the Dark Angels. ;)

These are more or less quick summaries, spoilers, and examples of fluffy applications (equipment, customs, etc.) or outright changes. If you have questions, by all means - ask! :)

ESCAPE THWARTED (CH6)

This was a pretty neat chapter, featuring on the actions of Squad Amanael. Again, Gav's writing was enjoyable - good pacing, good banter, good action.

One thing that I found interesting was the capabilities of the Auspex. The Dark Angels are able to detect enemies skulking through tunnels over a hundred meters away, and seventy meters below them. I was never a fan of the Auspex, and wondered why power-armored Space Marines with enhanced auto-senses would need it... Guess I know why now! :)

Another neat wrinkle: as readers, we know what the Ravenwing does, and why they do it. But how does the Inner Circle's choice to hold back the "less elite" Companies while the Ravenwing goes after key targets get interpreted by line battle brothers? They consider them glory hounds, and assume that this practice has more to do with elitism. Works out, I guess. They don't seem to suspect secrets that way.

THE HUNT (CH7)

Not much to reveal here. Another well-written chapter, showing the conclusion of the campaign on Hadria Praetoris.

DISAPPOINTMENT (CH8)

Well, it's confirmed. The Chaplain of the Ravenwing, despite not being known as an Interrogator-Chaplain, is in fact, an Interrogator-Chaplain. Proof that Chaplains fall under the rule of potentially being secret members of the Inner Circle? Or a change in the fluff wherein all Chaplains are Interrogator-Chaplains? Consider that (as will be shown in later chapters), all Company Masters are assumed to be Grand Masters in this novel...

Ultimately, this chapter closed on a note of disappointment for me. It would appear that the bulk of Book 1 was focused less on setting up the story, per se, than serving as an advertisement of the Ravenwing's capabilities. That's fine, I guess, but given that "Ravenwing" only counts 290 pages (in the eBook version, at least), I wish that the main plot would have been given more meat and the "showing off" of new Dark Angels toys came as part of it. As will be seen later, a good amount of Book 2 is dedicated to two subsequent battles... both of which could have served to showcase the same "reveals".

OMENS FROM AFAR (CH9)

One interesting note, for me at least, was that the Dark Angels use Astropaths. Being that they are such a secretive Chapter, this struck me as quite surprising. Furthermore, after having read fluff in such material as the Codex: Space Marine, I always kind of assumed that Librarians were able to serve in the same capacity as Astropaths. Sure enough, the fluff text says that "[A Librarian] will use his abilities to pierce the Warp, provide the means for interstellar communication ..." And, in this case, the Ravenwing even has an Epistolary. Not exactly an apprentice...

At any rate, I liked Gav's take on Astropathic visions. It was an elegant way of conveying interstellar communication, and neatly reflected examples from other authors. The message behind the vision? No less than a call from Azrael for Sammael & Co. to move toward Piscina, to investigate a threat to the Chapter: the death (or possible betrayal) of an Interrogator-Chaplain.

THE HUNT BEGINS (CH10)

The closing of Book 1. Merely two pages long it still provides a nice window into the Dark Angels mentality when it comes to responding to such a mission.

BOOK 2

PISCINA IV

A WORLD OF ANARCHY (CH11)

The Ravenwing arrives on Piscina IV, to discover that the world is on the verge of rebellion... and that the squad of Dark Angels manning the Chapter Keep have not been heard from in weeks. The PDF commander reveals that the key issues behind the loss of control are the resurgence of the orks (who were never successfully put down during the events of "Purging of Kadillus") and the fact that Space Marines whom he assumed to be Dark Angels had massacred a number of civilians. You can imagine how Sammael feels - Fallen wear black, and so do the Ravenwing. What kind of reception will they receive?

Sammael's motivations are also revealed a bit. Specifically, his position always entails balancing the needs of the hunt with the duty the Chapter owes to the Imperium. This is a theme that will pop up again.

STRATEGIC PRECAUTIONS (CH12)

Squad Amanael arrives on Piscina. They assume positions that won't so much aid the PDF against the orks... but will prevent the orks from interfering with the Ravenwing's investigation of the Chapter Keep. Not for the first time, Telemenus will question the odd nature of their orders.

Aside from this, we get a nice look into the way Dark Angels remember their lives. Or, rather, how they don't remember them. Another recruiting world is mentioned: Bartia - a world whose terminology (Taiga plains, yurts, bow-wielding hunters) summons thoughts of White Scars. Telemenus was certainly ballsy. One of his great uncles had been taken by the Dark Angels, which was an honour for his family. Being very skilled, the boy is also brought before the Dark Angels, generations later. While the rest of the 8-9 year old kids quail before the Chaplain, Telemenus faces him down and asks him if he's his uncle! :)

This chapter also features one of many references to Company Masters now being uniformly referred to as Company Grant Masters instead. It will be interesting to see if the Codex goes this route as well.

ARRIVAL IN KADILLUS (CH13)

Sure enough, people are afraid from the Ravenwing - they hide from them in any building they can, in fact. The warriors of the Ravenwing reveal to us that, whatever sinister reputation the Dark Angels might have according to the Codex, it comes as a surprise to them that loyal Imperial citizens would shun them.

Annael expresses the feelings of confusion that the orders separating the Fifth from the Ravenwing bring about - especially their bizarre holding positions. Specifically, he wonders why his superiors would not communicate mission objectives better to their subordinates. At this point of the book, it didn't bother me that much. There's not much of a threat, and there's the theme of secrecy to be considered. Later on, though? I shared Annael's concerns. And then some.

GRIM DISCOVERIES (CH14)

A RIDDLE OF CORPSES (CH15)

No real spoilers here. Sammael and the Ravenwing explore the Dark Angels Chapter Keep on Piscina IV and find the aftermath of "Angels of Darkness". That is, the corpses of Boreas and his squad.

BROTHER BOREAS SPEAKS (CH16)

Sammael, Chaplain Malcifer, and Epistolary Harahel listen to Boreas' logs from the end of "Angels of Darkness".

The initial response of the trio is that Boreas lost it and turned heretic. One interesting note: when they hear Boreas' last message (to tell the person in the solitary cell at the heart of the Rock that he was not wrong), Sammael's lie confirms my worst fear... that Boreas was not wanting to say to Astelan "you were not wrong" (which would make sense, and would elegantly tie in both to Boreas' warnings that the Dark Angels have lost their way AND to Astelan's claims that the Dark Angels have become sinister, etc.)... but was saying this to Luther. That just doesn't make sense, because Boreas never shows that he lost faith in the Lion - and certainly not that he took to Luther - but that he lost faith in what the Dark Angels had become.

Interestingly, it is certainly implied that Sammael knows who is in that cell. It is qualified that he lies when he defuses Harahel's question about who is in that cell by saying it's probably just one of the Fallen Boreas interrogated.

HERESY BEGETS RETRIBUTION (CH17)

THE TRAIL OF THE FALLEN (CH18)

THE SEED OF DOUBT (CH19)

The people of Piscina decide they are angrier at the Dark Angels than they are afraid of them. They attack, with predictable results. Sammael wrestles with the moral conundrum of opening fire on the opposing civilians who, despite their attack on his warriors, he still considers desperate civilians and unarmed citizens.

Prior to departing, Sammael and his cohorts manage to decipher and copy the data archives of the Chapter Keep - including Boreas' logs.

Great zinger by one of the Fifth Company: "A stairwell is no obstacle to the warriors of the Fifth Company ... The Ravenwing must submit to that eternal truth." Gotta love the underlings mocking their betters! :D

And yet again, more consternation as the Dark Angels are denied battle and baffled by the Ravenwing's orders.

REARMING (CH20)

The Ravenwing returns to the Implacable Justice. Annael and Araton debate the virtues of vengeance (for losses in battle) versus the cost this will have on innocents.

A CURSED NAME (CH21)

Sammael, Malcifer, and Harahel convene to decide what to make of Boreas' logs. Some of Sammael's background is revealed, including the way by which he was inducted in the Chapter's mysteries, and a close call the Ravenwing had with Cypher while he was a Sergeant. A connection between Cypher and the events of Piscina IV/Boreas' downfall is discovered. Coordinates to Port Imperial - which Astelan had claimed destroyed - are found in those logs, and the question is raised whether they are a trap to lure the Dark Angels in. Sammael decides they will go there to hunt down the Fallen.

Archived