Best ruleset for Legio Cybernetica?

Maybe go for suit-heavy Tau? Maxed-out Broadsides is a powerful build for them, and involves 40mm base, semi-resilient models with gigantic, accurate guns, which feels pretty Cybernetica. Crisis/Stealth suits could be another type of Robot.

To represent how they're being commanded, perhaps use a lot of Markerlights as "objective designators" and include an Ethereal as a Magos, so the "Robots" spaz out if their controller is killed. Fire Warriors would make for decent Skitarii too.

You could even ally in the Battle-Brother Eldar for some Iyanden Ghost action/"Elite Skitarii" Aspect Warriors.

...Huh, now I'm kinda tempted to do that.

I actually went with Eldar for my Ad Mech and the Avatar, Wraith Lords, War Walkers and Wraith Guard are all excellent additions. Even though my focus didn't start as Legio Cybernetica, I couldn't get away from the idea of having Imperial Robot mantiples in my list.

Add in some allied Guardsmen to count as Sagitarii cohorts and you've got a solid army.

• 1 month later...

Maybe go for suit-heavy Tau? Maxed-out Broadsides is a powerful build for them, and involves 40mm base, semi-resilient models with gigantic, accurate guns, which feels pretty Cybernetica. Crisis/Stealth suits could be another type of Robot.

To represent how they're being commanded, perhaps use a lot of Markerlights as "objective designators" and include an Ethereal as a Magos, so the "Robots" spaz out if their controller is killed. Fire Warriors would make for decent Skitarii too.

You could even ally in the Battle-Brother Eldar for some Iyanden Ghost action/"Elite Skitarii" Aspect Warriors.

...Huh, now I'm kinda tempted to do that.

I think this is the way to go. Crisis suits are just about tough enough to represent cybernetica (Dreadnought>Suit>Terminator, just a nice spot) and they have all kinds of variable loadouts. Tau are a good list for representing Ad Mech in general, I should think.

Especially since they DO use robots, in the form of drones!

I'm currently involved in several Horus Heresy projects and I have to say the Contemptor Talons are a good way to represent Legio Cybernetica. You can field up to 9 walkers msn-wink.gif

A Forge Lord as HQ (basically a Master of the Forge) could represent the leader of your force. Add two troops choice and you have a playable Legio Cybernetica army...

It's just an alternative to the other options you mentioned...

Archived