Primarchs before the Heresy

Emperor's Furor

Who'd you like to read about more prior to the heresy? Of course I'd like to read more about them all and there's some obvious ones so my choice is going to be a little left field..

I'd really like to read more about Lorgar before the Heresy and before Monarchia, it's wildly recognised that he was the black sheep of the Primarchs, but I'd actually like to see how he came across with his brothers, why he was the "victim" of such scorn, how the Emperor dealt with him before he put his foot down at Monarchia. How tactical was he really? Did the Word Bearers just have a lot of men because they lost so many due to poor tactics etc. I'd really like to know more about him.

What about you?

I want to know about Ferrus Mannus and Perturabo - obviously we have quite a bit of info here and there about their past's but not enough imo. and I feel they both get left behind compared to the 'Big Legions/Primarchs' e.g. Guilliman, Horus, Russ, Sanguinius, Angron etc. everyone really even the likes of Corax, Kurze and Magnus...

I want to know about Ferrus Mannus and Perturabo - obviously we have quite a bit of info here and there about their past's but not enough imo. and I feel they both get left behind compared to the 'Big Legions/Primarchs' e.g. Guilliman, Horus, Russ, Sanguinius, Angron etc. everyone really even the likes of Corax, Kurze and Magnus...

Angels Exterminus gives quite a lot about the character of Perturabo. I've always thought of his as bland and unappealing, but the book/audio drama gives a great face to him.

Sadly, Ferrus gives a poor impression in the book Fulgrim. It's sad that someone that is suppose to be a super being is displayed in a slow as a mentally challenged person on Thorazine.

Corax shares a similar fate as Ferrus in Deliverance lost. Granted he doesn't come off as bad, he in fact shows glimpses of brilliance, but then falls back into eating paste and licking windows.

Alpharius comes off as Lex Luther brilliant in that book.

It's sad that all the Primarchs aren't shown in the same light.

i wanna know more about all the primarchs before the the other 2 "went missing" because it sounds like before that happened most primarchs would be with other primarchs. for example like Ullanor when their were nine primarchs they use to do that alot

i wanna know all the primarchs affect on other primarchs

we know ferrus manus had a chat with most of his brothers even lorgar and he made a weapon for most of them aswell

magnus has studied knowledge with a few brothers but i wanna what they studied

i wanna know why guilliman was only close to 4 of his brothers

i wanna know how it was possible for alpharius to get on horus starship

i wanna what their homeworlds are alike- we know how lorgar,lion, was like on thier homeworld but i wanna know the rest

Angron obviously. A contrast between before Butcher's Nails and after it would be great.

I don't think the three days between him slaughtering the Eldar that tried to kill him right out of the incubation pod and the people who discovered him reaching the arena slave markets leaves much room for exploring his character.

:tu:

Another vote for Mortarion. He was one of the only Primarchs to turn on a father figure before the Heresy (Compare Roboute-Konor, Lion-Luther, Lorgar-Kor Phereon) and even in the only Death Guard centric heresy novel we've had he got, what two sentences in?

Angron obviously. A contrast between before Butcher's Nails and after it would be great.

I don't think the three days between him slaughtering the Eldar that tried to kill him right out of the incubation pod and the people who discovered him reaching the arena slave markets leaves much room for exploring his character.

:lol:

I wish people would stop shoehorning Angron into being this consistent slaughtermonkey throughout his entire time on that planet. Yeah, he ended up as a full-time gladiator, but everyone seems to forget his previous employments as a professional child care worker and flower shop owner. :rolleyes:

I'm interested in seeing all the primarchs, from their landings to when the E finds them. Would especially like to see this part of the life of Horus, Perturabo, Mortarion, The Lion, Russ, Kurze, and Dorn (would add others, like Magnus, to the list but other sources somewhat explore this, as TS did for Magnus). What I'd also like is before and after THAT: the Emperor and Malcador meeting and unifying Terra, Thunder Warriors, starting the primarch project, and then as others have mentioned the earlier days of the great crusade, although we get slices in places like The First Heretic.

All that said, I can wait for this stuff until after a wrap-up of the HH proper (Battle of Terra, fight on the bridge, etc), and can be content until then with the flashes we have.

I really think GW missed a trick here by not doing the great crusade. I know it was mentioned that they thought the Heresy could have been covered in just a few books and they could have moved on, but look at how things have exploded. If they had spent the time setting things up right, say ten books covering the final years of the unification wars and the finding of the primarchs, they could have milked us fanboys for all were are worth. They past history of every one of the pirmarchs, the great war at Ulanor (sp?), all this background would have made the heresy books better.

I really think GW missed a trick here by not doing the great crusade. I know it was mentioned that they thought the Heresy could have been covered in just a few books and they could have moved on, but look at how things have exploded. If they had spent the time setting things up right, say ten books covering the final years of the unification wars and the finding of the primarchs, they could have milked us fanboys for all were are worth. They past history of every one of the pirmarchs, the great war at Ulanor (sp?), all this background would have made the heresy books better.

Definitely feels like the powers that be did a double take with the HH series after the first few books, and thought: "these are going to be this successful? Better slow the pace way down and explore more of the backstory." To be fair, most fans (myself included) are ready and willing to read what we're given, as long as we get some forward momentum in the HH series as a whole. Some could argue, from where we stand now, said momentum is all but lost. How things will look when the series is complete (40 books?) is anyone's guess, but I think it's safe to say that almost everyone will agree that there is at least some chaff the series would be better without.

Archived