Brotherhood Champion vs Kharn

skarn

You get 5 points for a hard to answer question. I will have to say after reading the passage that No he cant be killed by it, becase it is a psychic power that directly targets him. Now i dont have a C:CSM codex but isnt Kharns rule he ignores Nemesis force attacks? or did they bump it to all psychic now?

The champion does a psychic power to pass a personal test, then makes an attack, it does not auto hit like targeted spells do. For instance if you cast something that hits kharns unit with a blast or d6 hits he gets his deny the witch. As such I think it works, and im the one that would normally support Khârn, easily my favourite and most hilarious character in warhammer.

Rather perfect example as to why a lot of us have said a Brotherhood Champion is worth his points cost. Especially in larger games where you can double your Force Org if you have enough Troops...

A Brotherhood Champion is almost a must against any CSM army. He is a brilliant counter to all the Chaos Lords, and considering most of them (even a vanilla lord with wargear) come in well over the 100 points a BC costs us, its a fantastic exchange of points.

CSM player "And I will challenge with Lucius, who I hope you realise is an absolute monster in challenges. What is your Weapon Skill again (laughs to himself)..."

GK player "Weapon Skill 7. By the way, I will happily accept that challenge with my Brotherhood Champion... you didn't want to see Lucius again this game did you?"

HS does not say "target" anywhere is the description, only that if it passes he makes an attack. Its mechanics are like Hammerhand, therefor it would remove Khârn. Simpley put you do not have to pick who your attack is going to hit until after the test is passed, then you make an attack, you do not get a DtW since it is not a target power.

Where in the description does it say it targets another model? It only says it gives the Champion an "out of initiative" attack, its grants him the attack, not target another model. So if someone can prove otherwise no where does it say target for the psychic power.

But the rules never say nor imply that. If you want to cheat and your opponents let you then I guess you can.

G :HQ:

Its not cheating if no where in the rules it says it "targets" a model. If you can show me where it says it targets a unit then yes they would get a Deny. HS is worded the same as Hammerhand, "if the test is passed the unit..." "if the test is passed, the Champion..."

Unlike Dark Exo which says "If the test is passed choose an enemy..."

So again, other then just saying you dont like the rules, where is your side of the argument. The above is how a Judge in a tourny would review the Rules.

It doesn't have to say if its implicit.

G :HQ:

So again, you have nothing but "just because" to back it up. Well since you and i are the only two adding to this my vote (which has come up last month in a tournament) is that Khârn does not get to Deny.

Archived