Exorcist

nzz

How do you use exosist tanks?? can't find the rules... i got the WD codex but can't find the other one, so can any one explain the missile roll rules for it

Thanks for all replays // Jimmy

It works just like any other weapon with random number of attacks or shots. You roll the specified dice and that is how many missiles it fires. If the weapon profile says something like: "S4, AP4, Heavy d3" then you would roll d3 to see how many shots you get.

Pick a target.

Roll to determine the number of shots.

Roll to hit, one die for each missile.

And continue on with the shooting like normal

This is covered in the 40k rulebook on page 51. "Number of shots" starts on 50 but the random shots rules are covered on 51.

How do you use exosist tanks??

Take either 2 or 3 to help minimize the effects of low rolls. I deploy them in cover in the rear closer to the center than the sides to keep them away from out flankers. I will seldom move one after deployment so I don't bother with dozer blades.

An Exorcist's primary targets are light armor, monstrous creatures and heavy infantry (terminators and the like). If nothing else is present you can still get good use by firing at "tricked out" infantry like devastators, assault troops or nobz; the more it has in upgrades the more it makes a tasty target.

Don't worry about heavy armor with your Exorcists. Land Raiders and Monoliths are better left to your meltaguns. In fact it is statistically better to fire Exorcists at zooming flyers than it is to fire at a Land Raider.

Against AV 14 you hit on 3 and glance on a 6. 4/6 X 1/6 = 4/36 = 1/9 or 11% chance per missile

Against (most) zooming flyers you hit on 6 and glance on 3. 1/6 X 4/6 or 11% chance to glance. But against flyers there is also the 8% chance per missile of penetrating with an AP1 missile. It is not a good chance but if my only available targets are a Land Raider and a Storm Talon, that Talon is going to be taking fire.

Some people like to take a Storm Bolter as an upgrade so that it is still usable if it takes a weapon destroyed result. I don't like to spend any more points than necessary to the job at hand. And if I get a weapon destroyed, I never touch that model again. It is still alive and operable but I don't want to draw attention to that fact for the rest of the game. No sense giving someone an easy kill point by driving it up into the middle of the table :(

But no unit plays in a vacuum and it is the same with the Exorcists. I keep two Battle Sister Squads in the back to guard the tanks. I usually put them somewhere between the table edge and the Exorcist but they will always be as hidden as possible. They need to stay alive first and foremost so that they are still on the table when that dreadknight shunts in behind your lines or those bikers with plasmaguns try to outflank you. Once that is taken care of the Battle Sisters can move out late game to cover easy objectives.

So that is how I use Exorcist tanks. I am sure there are other ways that are equally valid, tho; this is just an example of how I use them.

(I know it is not what you asked but sometimes I can't help myself from making a silly joke :()

^^; I always buy the storm bolter if I can find the points, mostly because both my Exorcists have twin bolters on the roof (one of them being a converted MkII Rhino, the other being built on a Deimos chassis).

How do you use exosist tanks??

dozer blades are a cheap upgrade ,drive into terrain to get cover while

taking pot shots .Then drive away and shoot some more or keep

hiding in terrain wait for sneeky outflanks nd deepstrikes then blam them good

never get into a gun fight with heavy tanks its not worth it

I usually run mine stock like Jacinda but I run them straight at the enemy because they are move and fire weapons just watch your armor facing....I will say mine don't usually make it to the end of the game, but if I am fielding lots of armor (rhinos and immolators) it helps

as previously stated, it is important to point out the advantage of being able to move 6 inches and then fire your missiles at full BS, it gives you a mobile fire platform which is much better then a retributor squad in my opinion that gives up its shooting if it moves and there for has a much more limited field of fire.

was planing to play a Gun line list with a lot of bolters and heavy bolters,

with the Exorsist standing behind somthing.

Is exorsist Line of sight or atillery?

Line of sight from the pipes in a full 360 degrees. And that tall stack of pipes is considered hull as well so if youi have line of sight to them, they will probably have line of sight to you as well.

If you are using the FW model or substituting a whirlwind, ignore all that about the pipes :lol:

And, lets face it, there's NO reason not to use the Forge World one. It's cheaper than the GW one and doesn't look stupid.

I like the GW Exorcist! And their Immolater rocks, too. ;)

FW is £54 if you get the door panels and icons. All of that comes stock for the £40 GW version.

The GW Exosist looks awesome:P FW one looks more like a smurf tank then a sister one ;)

When you see the Games Workshop version you know it is an Exorcist. It is never confused for a rhino with oversized smoke launchers. :lol:

I'll always have a special attachment to my GW Exorcist... my parent's got it for me for Christmas three or four years ago. That and there's something to be said for a single model that feels heavy enough to hold the entire table down should we loose gravity...

Then again, there's also nothing wrong with having one of each, that way you can tell them apart on the tabletop :)

Pewter. At least it was when I got mine, but this was before the mass switch to finecast, so I'm not sure. The entire organ assembly, the controls and gunner/sister, and the ornamented side armor plates are all pewter. It's a beast of a heavy kit, and I had to spend a great deal of time stretching one of the base pieces of the organ/gun to get it to fit. Bit of gap filling... it's really a gorgeous model in a totally over the top overly-ornamented way. In fact it's one of the most 40k models in my opinion, simply because it's so entirely gothic (in the historical time period sense).

I just find that the FW one looks more sinister, and I have enough Immolator kits that I've made my one set of FW doors stretch across eight or nine vehicles (Just before they stopped selling them individually I bought like... 4 Immolator upgrade sprues to convert my Baneblade and I had plenty of parts left over from that).

>> One say, I will get my army actually painted to a standard I can bear to photograph it.

Plus, the other reason I prefer the FW Exorcist is because it matches my scratchbuilt Exorcist (Mk2 Rhino, Harrier Jumpjet, Devilfish landing gear) better. Especially since I got a Deimos Rhino so they both have the twin-linked bolter on the roof. ^^;

The metal Exorsist most weight like hell or is it just me thats weak:P?

and how do you get your tanks to the gaming place??? i mostly play infantry heavy list so i never taken more then 2 tanks at a time..

The entire sister line is peweter besides the actual immolater kit, and sister tank sprue. In regards to the exorcist tank. I had to pin the pipes to the place holder thing. Then pin that to the rhino. That tank is heavy.

I do like the look of the tank. The whole gothic look of the sisters of battle is what makes the army really appealing to me. Nothing has a bland look to it. Like so many of the space marine models.

I have two boxes. One is fully of foam trays of infantry, the other is full of tanks in folded bubble-wrap. I usually carry them in hessian Bags for Life, one in each hand, with my rulebook and other gaming supplies in a backpack. The two bags weigh about the same, so it balances out and I don't get horrendously achey shoulders.

I have been playing games with two of the FW models for years, I bought one of the GW models, because I like the look of it,but painting it has always been too daunting a prospect. Alas, it has languished in my painting box for almost as long as I have been fielding the two FW variants. My two FW tanks are in dire need of re-furbishment now. I was thinking instead of fixing them, stealing an idea from the interwebz: Use an Immolator turret, and replacing the magnetised flamer mount with two Valkyrie Missle Pods, bling them up with Fleur-de-lis and instand (interchangeable) Exorcists!

Archived